RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 16-02-2011, 02:55 PM   #1
one_step_closer
The Shadow of the Day

Review

Tomorrow I have a review with my psychiatrist, OT, someone from the voluntary crisis team, and someone from the official crisis team. My psychologist and GP can't make it. Has anyone ever had a review before? What is it like and how do I get my point across? I'm really nervous because all of the focus will be on me. The only thing I don't agree with about my treatment is that I am not allowed to be admitted to a psychiatric ward. I'd like my team to rethink this decision as it was made by my last psychiatrist who I didn't get on with. I'm afraid that, if I bring this up, they won't change their minds because they already think that I only want to be admitted to hospital so that I can be looked after but it's not because of that at all. I'm scared because each time I am suicidal I get closer to actually going through with suicide and hospital could keep me relatively safe. I probably won't even mention it. There is no point in me going.

I put it down on paper and then the ghost does not ache so much.

Don't try to calm the storm, calm yourself, the storm will pass.

You didn't come this far just to come this far.

one_step_closer is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Hugs Given By :
Old 16-02-2011, 03:46 PM   #2
mikey
I'm a girl

I am currently:

You definitely need to mention it, it's really important. They might see things differently from your old psychiatrist and if you don't bring it up you're not giving yourself that chance. You don't really have a lot of lose.
Could you write it down? That would give you a bit of time to think how best to get your point across as it can sometimes be difficult under pressure to say what you want to say.
Best of luck for tomorrow. Let us know how it goes.

There are, it has been said, two types of people in the world. There are those who, when presented with a glass that is exactly half full, say: 'This glass is half full'. And then there are those who say: 'This glass is half empty'.
The world belongs, however, to those who can look at the glass and say: 'What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!

Terry Pratchett

mikey is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)