RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-08-2011, 02:21 PM   #1
**thelastnight**

I am currently:
wanting to SI

Hey,
I dont rly know what to say right now and i dont even know is this is rly worth posting but all well. Im having urges to self harm badley right now. Ive gone about 2 1/2 weeks SH free and i dont rly want to ruin that but i just feel so alone and the urges are strong. i dont really know what to do.

PM me any time. I love to help and am a pretty good listener.

"And someday, I hope that my sadness will be replaced by something beautiful"

"hope is the thing with feathers that perches on the soul and sings the song without the words and never stops at all"

**thelastnight** is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Hugs Given By :
Old 12-08-2011, 02:47 PM   #2
Tea and Wishes
Casey

I am currently:

your going well! there are times when SI will come knocking at your door wanting you to let it in, you just have to try and remember that you've come so far and don't want to ruin it.

Maybe you could try writing angrily in a notebook or turning some music up load and singing to it. I know what it's like to get urges though, however they do get easier to ignore.

I hope I helped in some way or another

~There's so many wars we fought
There's so many things we're not
But with what we have
I promise you that
We're marchin on
~

Tea and Wishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 02:52 PM   #3
xMandarrx
Mandarr

I am currently:

You're doing well. Urges to self-harm happen, but you just have to try and distract yourself...and remind yourself why you don't want to self-harm!
Have you checked out the bit distraction list? Something that might also help you is to make an "emergency box," for those times when you feel at risk of self-harming. Then you have a whole box of distractions right there. :)

You can PM me if you need to talk or vent, or anything. <3
xoxo

you just don't have to be lonely, anymore.

neverendingmetamorphosis.blogspot.ca - my blog :)

xMandarrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 04:06 PM   #4
PassedExpectations
a mirror that reflects it

I am currently:

has the urge subsided?

its really hard when you feel alone. try and remember that there are people, lots of them, who can understand what you're feeling. and theres a pretty good number on here who you can talk with.

this is my magical medicine cabinet. Left to right they contain: courage, hope, calmness, and strength.

The magical part: They NEVER run out, so borrow some any time you want.

PM me anytime, I love getting messages :)
Katie

PassedExpectations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 05:10 PM   #5
Tig

I'm really pleased you posted. It is worth posting about and we want to help you. It is great that you have been free of self harm for 2 and a half weeks ~ it takes a lot of work. I hope the urge has subsided by now. We are here for you xxx

Tig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 09:34 PM   #6
**thelastnight**

I am currently:

thanks everyone for the help. the urges have gone down a lot from then. I feel like they are just kinda lingering now. does anyone else get that..? but things a better. Istill feel idk .. kinda alone but im destracting myself nicely right now trying to write some papers for school so im hopeing it will help me get my mind off of things. Oh and btw thanks xsnickersx for telling me ab the emergency box thing. I didnt know they had one of those.

PM me any time. I love to help and am a pretty good listener.

"And someday, I hope that my sadness will be replaced by something beautiful"

"hope is the thing with feathers that perches on the soul and sings the song without the words and never stops at all"

**thelastnight** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 11:13 PM   #7
Tig

I'm glad the urges are reduced, well done for getting through them. That must have taken a lot of fighting spirit ~ you should be really proud of yourself. I do get the lingering urges as well, you aren't alone. I'm glad you are keeping distracted though ~ I hope it helps you. Keep posting here too if you need to, never be afraid to reach out.

The emergency boxes/crisis kits are fantastic too and when you are making them up provides you with a distraction too. I made a poster for my wall with all the things I used to enjoy doing and all my goals for the future, reasons to live etc. I also have a box full of distractions, happy memories, quotes etc - or at least I did, I'm not entirely sure where it is at the moment so it's my goal to make a new one this weekend.

xxx

Tig is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)