RYL Forums

Forum Jump

Old 11-04-2012, 03:59 AM   #1
MelloJello

I am currently:
Wound Care Question - Burn

I burned myself on my upper arm Sunday. It blistered immediately and on a few of them the skin peeled off almost right away... The ones that the skin peeled of almost right away don't hurt but there's one that still has the skin from the blister on it but there's no liquid in it. It's a sort of green colour and the burn started hurting tonight. The one that started hurting is bigger than the others but I'm wondering if there's anything I can do to soothe the pain? And what kind of stiff should I get at the pharmacy to treat the burns? At the moment I'm, just leaving the uncovered because I don't have anything left to bandage my injuries...

2 Hugs Given By :
Old 11-04-2012, 07:17 AM   #2
Ami
Perfectly Flawed

I am currently:

My burn got infected and the nurse used to bandage me up every other day and apply cream with silver in. I was on antibiotics too. If you think its infected please get it seen too.

Maybe melolin dressings as they are non-stick and painkillers such as ibuprofren providing you can take it. take care x

I hope for nothing. I fear nothing. I am free.

Old 11-04-2012, 11:57 AM   #3
talaiporia
Chat Mod

I am currently:

If your burn's turned green it should probably be checked out. Burns can get infected really easily. There's an infection guide here. Othewise, the burn advice is here.

The fact that some of your burns aren't painful, isn't a good sign either.

It doesn't matter where you come from; it matters where you go.
No-one gets remembered for the things they didn't do.
We won't all be here this time next year,
so while you can take a picture of us.
We're definitely going to hell,
but we'll have all the best stories to tell.

Old 11-04-2012, 02:03 PM   #4
Animad

These need looking at so I'd suggest you go and at least see a nurse. It may just be they're not infected at the moment, it's hard to tell from the info you've given here (feel free to PM me with more info), but it does sound like at least one may be a full thickness (ie 3rd degree) burn and that really should be looked at especially as you're unsure what to do.

These do need dressing. If all you've got is melolin then that is ok but I'd recommend maybe putting a lot of antibiotic cream or petroleum jelly (vaseline) on the inner surface of the dressing to stop it sticking and it would need to be changed at least twice daily at first. It's just though melolin and such dressings don't normally stick to wounds they can stick to burns because of the higher amount of discharge they produce. Instead of this special burns dressings/ plasters would be better. However, yep, I'd definately get it checked out by a nurse as often burns do need more intensive care as well as they are at a really high risk of infection, especially if the blisters pop, and if they do become infected they can become hard to treat if you've not got the proper creams (and really the ones suitable for infected burns are only available on prescription).

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)