RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-06-2007, 05:47 PM   #1
sochocgoalie
trying to quit

I am currently:
not sleeping

i havent slept much if at all this whole weekend and i when i do sleep i only get like 2 hours of sleep and usually its plagued with nightmares....does anyone know if there is something that helps people get over nightmares....my nightmares are really triggering to me and usually i wake up wanting to cut real bad, idk what to do.....

thanks in advance

RIP Anna i love you so much....u will always be in my prayers and thoughts.....

last cut august 29th

sochocgoalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 06:02 PM   #2
preciousandfragile

I am currently:
i understand

i totally understand wat you mean, i am struggling with my own nightmares right now.....im not much help, because i cant get rid of mine...but try listening to soft soothing music while you go to sleep or as you are sleeping, so as to block out other scary thoughts..that kinda helps me..seeing as i also hear voices....try the music thing, and keep a rubberband with you at all time...that works for me, instead of cutting, just snap the rubberband, i dunno if that helps...let me know if it works for ya

ali

preciousandfragile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 06:09 PM   #3
sochocgoalie
trying to quit

I am currently:

im sorry u deal with nightmares, they r no fun...i do listen to music every night cause its the only way i can sleep....the rubber band thing doesnt work for me though, i wish it did but it doesnt....

last cut august 29th

Old 04-06-2007, 06:28 PM   #4
Sarah
Toy Soldier

I am currently:

hey, I'm in the same situation with the nightmares, and i dunno how to get rid of them =( sorry

Not got any advice, just wanted to say I no u can beat these nightmares. remember they are in your mind, and even though it might not feel like it, you have control of it!

take care, hope u get a proper sleep soon x

Sing me to sleep.
I'll see you in my dreams.
Waiting to say.
I miss you.
I'm so sorry.

Sarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 06:28 PM   #5
Angel_Girl
Polar Bear - you people are melting MY ICE!

I am currently:

I'm probably one of the few lucky peeps that don't get nightmares... So all I can say is *hugs*

God made sure we'd meet.

Angel_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 06:46 PM   #6
sochocgoalie
trying to quit

I am currently:

thanks....i think i just have to get over my past and move on but idk how to...

last cut august 29th

Old 04-06-2007, 09:38 PM   #7
preciousandfragile

I am currently:
why

so do you know why you are having nigthmares? wat is causing them??? i dunno, just try to think about why, i have several reasons why i do.....i dunno, if you wanna talk anytime, just let me know <3 sometimes if you find the root and try to counteract it, it helps...also i dunno what religion are you? cuz there are some really good books out that i can suggest for stuff like this

Old 04-06-2007, 09:41 PM   #8
sochocgoalie
trying to quit

I am currently:

The reason behind my nightmares is that i witnessed two suicide attempts a few years ago and i havent been able to forget about them yet...

last cut august 29th

Old 05-06-2007, 04:26 AM   #9
preciousandfragile

I am currently:
im so sorry

oh my god sweetie, no one deserves or should ever see that....were these ppl close to you? that is terrible...i wish i could help....see my nightmares are from harm that has been done to me...wow, please tell me, im here <3

Old 05-06-2007, 09:29 AM   #10
FallingStar
~*Music Obsessive*~

I am currently:

*hugs* That's really not an easy thing to forget about... Are you getting any help/counselling?

FallingStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 12:44 PM   #11
sochocgoalie
trying to quit

I am currently:

yea i have a therapist...

one of the suicide attempts was my brother, we havent talked since....

last cut august 29th

Old 06-06-2007, 03:10 AM   #12
preciousandfragile

I am currently:

does he still live wit you?? that must be so hard. are you honest wit your therapist?

in other traditions demons are expelled externally, but in my tradition demons are accepted with compassion. - Machik Labdron

they were perfect, they were beautiful. they met in the middle of nowhere, in the middle of nothing, and kissed where everyone could see. no words. no before. no after. they kissed and it was perfect. it was beautiful. it was everything. it was nothing.

Old 06-06-2007, 05:29 AM   #13
sochocgoalie
trying to quit

I am currently:

no he moved out in feb. yes i am honest with my therapist....mostly

last cut august 29th

Old 06-06-2007, 06:21 AM   #14
dysphoria
parasite

Hi,

Have you tried drugs? I mean legal drugs? And prescribed ones?

There are several that i can list.

First there are ones available OTC ((over the counter)) like diphenhydramine/benadryl or promethazine/phenergan...both of these are anti-histamines and are sedating. DO NOT take more than the recommended dose, as O.D'ing on anticholinergics is an awful, terrible O.D.

Then you have prescription drugs. Like sedating antidepressants. You have the ((old)) tricyclic antidepressants, and newer ones, like mirtazapine. I personally would say mirtazapine is a better choice than the old tricyclics ((less side effects)).

Then you have benzodiazepines or benzo's. Now these can cause profound physical dependence and can be addictive if you have a penchant for downers. And usually you will have to have a long, trusting relationship with your doc before he/she will script them, esp. if your young and don't look completley normal and clean cut. If you ARE scripted a benzo, for example temazepam....its best to either use it everyday for a few weeks then quit, or use it every now and then ((like using it 3-4 times a week, but NEVER 4 days in a row))...so you could use it on sunday night, tuesday night, and friday night.

Now when it comes to benzo's, they all do basically the same thing. I have used benzo's that are ment for anxiety as sleeping agents ((like alprazolam/xanax)) and i have used ones that are ment for putting you to sleep ((like nitrazepam/mogadon)) for anxiety relief. It all depends on how they effect you. If you WERE to use a benzo "every now and then" then you MUST make sure its a SHORT-ACTING benzo ((e.g. midazolam, triazolam, temazepam, alprazolam)), not a long acting one like diazepam/valium or clonazepam/klonopin.

Then you have the sedating antipsychotics. The ones most likely to be prescribed are trifluoperazine/stelazine and quetiapine/seroquel...or some other "atypical-antipsychotic" like olanzapine.

Then there are "unconventional" drugs, like marijuana and GHB. In the USA, UK, and AUS these drugs are illegal ((although i think in some states in the USA you can be prescribed marijuana, or at least THC in pill form))....but you may live in a "non-western" country where these drugs are legal. I have found marijuana to be an excellent hypnotic ((sleep inducing agent)) and whats great about it is, it kills nightmares ((you simply DON'T DREAM AT ALL!!!)). The same can be said of GHB. It knocks you out, you may have to re-dose in the middle of the night cos of its short action and dopamine re-bound, but its an excellent hypnotic. However, it can cause dependence, and some GHB dependence can be severe, so i would recommend only using it "every now and then" like with benzo's. Weed is MUCH less addictive than benzo's, so you could use it every night an hour or so before bed....but i only recommend these drugs in countries where they are legal and its ok to use them ((some European countries, some asian countries, Mexico, India...and others))....

Personally...i have used all of the above drugs ((except for the tricyclic antidepressants)) sometimes all at once. I find them useful in getting a good nights sleep. I take mirtazapine, quetiapine, trifluoperazine, and sometimes promethazine if i feel i need it. Unfortunatley, these drugs DON'T kill nightmares. But they are very helpful in getting some sleep. I dunno if you've tried any of them or not...or tried a combination of the above ((which is what i recommend if you have bad insomnia))....

OK I didn't mean to ramble on so much...sorry if its a bit much to read. I was just including all the drugs i know of that can help you sleep, and ones that i have used and found helpful. I hope you can get sleep soon, as lack of sleep really makes EVERYTHING worse....

Good bye to everyone on RYL, for various reasons im leaving this site and i will never return. This may make some of you happy, and others sad. Im not leaving because of the members... Good bye and have a nice life

dysphoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 05:16 PM   #15
preciousandfragile

I am currently:

and how long ago was this? the suicide attempt....its good that you are seeing a therapist and that you are honest...taht is key....i dunno what to tell you...im not much help

in other traditions demons are expelled externally, but in my tradition demons are accepted with compassion. - Machik Labdron

they were perfect, they were beautiful. they met in the middle of nowhere, in the middle of nothing, and kissed where everyone could see. no words. no before. no after. they kissed and it was perfect. it was beautiful. it was everything. it was nothing.

Old 07-06-2007, 03:28 AM   #16
sochocgoalie
trying to quit

I am currently:

2 summers ago and 4 summers ago....yes im weak i kno...

last cut august 29th

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)