RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 16-07-2009, 09:20 AM   #161
PapaBear
Shayne, legally, as of 7/14/09

I am currently:

Thanks! I'm so excited! There's a huge family reunion in a few weeks, both sides of my extended family will be there, and *gulp* that's where I'm making the announcement.

Plus, as you've already noticed *grins widely* my name change went through and I am Shayne, LEGALLY!!! been waiting *counts back* 10 years to be able to. Always tried to get people to call me Shayne, but they gave me the nickname Jazz instead (i HATE if people use my birth name) [because when everyone was listening to pop/rock I listened to jazz/reggae/new age stuff]. but now it's legal, all my legal documents are ready for me to pick up at City Hall tomorrow morning, and I'll be able to show my boss and get a new nametag.

I can't stop bouncing in my seat, i'm just so happy!!

PapaBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2009, 09:30 PM   #162
Tuesday

^ That's great. I think Jazz is a cool nickname though (Y)

Tuesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2009, 01:03 AM   #163
Life and Lies
..::Kate::..

I am currently:

congratulations Shayne :)

Change has a considerable psychological impact on the human mind.
To the fearful it is threatening because it means that things may get worse.
To the confident it is inspiring because the challenge exists to make things better.
To the hopeful it is encouraging because things may get better.

Life and Lies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2009, 11:47 PM   #164
Dan
Beyond Repair.

I am currently:

Hmm, I believe love is between two people, not genders. I could see myself in a relationship with another man, but I'm not sexually attracted to men, whereas I am attracted to women in that way. But I am on a very basic level attracted to certain men? I don't know, It's all a bit strange, very confusing. Anyone know what the hell I mean/am going on about?

On a long enough time line, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.

Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2009, 11:53 PM   #165
LeftOutsideAlone
Take these wings and learn to fly <3

I am currently:

I agree with what you say about love being between two people. I can see myself in a relationship with another girl, and have done that. I think that thats the type of relationship I will end up in because I have the most amount of trust in girls. I am however still sexually attracted to guys much more.

This little lady is my life. She keeps me strong through everything <3

I know I have a fickle heart and bitterness,
And a wandering eye, and a heaviness in my head

LeftOutsideAlone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2009, 11:31 PM   #166
Life and Lies

I am currently:

I know exactly what you're talking about

I am sexually attracted to men, but dont ever do well in relationships with them, whereas women I am less sexually attracted to, but I feel much better in relationships with them.

I just figure that one day, I'll find someone who I am supposed to be with, and regardless of their gender, we will be happy together. Until then, I am keeping an open mind, because I would rather experience love with many people than never find it because I am scared of them being the 'wrong' gender.

To the confident it is inspiring because the challenge exists to make things better.

Old 24-07-2009, 11:49 PM   #167
Life and Lies

I am currently:

:)

*huggles everyone in this thread*

Old 25-07-2009, 06:09 PM   #168
Dan
Beyond Repair.

I am currently:

I wish I could have that mindset Katie. It's just kinda' confusing.

Old 26-07-2009, 07:48 PM   #169
amethyst

Hello everyone :)

Im glad you had such a good day, sounds fun Kathryn.

Quote:
I am sexually attracted to men, but dont ever do well in relationships with them, whereas women I am less sexually attracted to, but I feel much better in relationships with them.
I feel this too. I have never actually been close to a girl but I feel like I would be happier getting close with a female rather than a male.

It's frustrating as im still quite young and I would quite like to meet a nice girl who feels the same as me (lol sounds like im on a dating site) but usually people my age seem afraid to be open about their sexualitly.

Old 28-07-2009, 11:42 PM   #170
flying[star]

I have a serious question, not on my own, but on sexuality in general.

Are there more gay men in the world then women?

I feel stupid. *shrug* but it feels like there are more gay guys then girls.

flying[star] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2009, 03:17 AM   #171
PapaBear

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by [crazy]girl View Post
I have a serious question, not on my own, but on sexuality in general.

Are there more gay men in the world then women?

I feel stupid. *shrug* but it feels like there are more gay guys then girls.
who knows. i just think gay girls are less conspicuous/obvious than gay guys.

on another note, with the HIV progressing, and me having some nasty infections, my surgeon believes it would be too dangerous for me to have bottom surgery thank goodness she's willing to still do top though!!!

Old 29-07-2009, 05:25 PM   #172
Tuesday

^ I think that, statistically, there are more gay men than women.

Tuesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2009, 06:37 PM   #173
flying[star]

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaBear View Post
who knows. i just think gay girls are less conspicuous/obvious than gay guys.
Ther's that :P

Quote:
on another note, with the HIV progressing, and me having some nasty infections, my surgeon believes it would be too dangerous for me to have bottom surgery thank goodness she's willing to still do top though!!!
? Is this related to having sex?.... you don't really have to asnwer that lol its probably one of the things that i should know

Old 29-07-2009, 08:31 PM   #174
PapaBear

I am currently:

Yes, HIV CAN be spread via sexual intercourse or oral sex, or sharing needles, but it's also spread through the cross-contamination of bodily fluids, in my case, blood. long story short, i picked it up from a friendvwhen i found her and had to rush her to emergency before she died of blood loss and succeeded at taking her life. stupidly, i hadn't dressed my own cuts, and her blood mixed with mine. neither of us knew SHE had it, but now I have it too.

she hasn't seemed to progress through the illness at the rate I have, so she may only ever have HIV, it may never become AIDS for her. I, however, am expected to progress into full blown AIDS within the next year or two. it affects everyone a little bit differently, but the basic concepts are the same.

Tuesday: could very well be. Though i think that those statistics count the so-called "permanent" queers. the "gay phase" stuff seems to be on a serious rise these days. that, or i'm totally insane. haha

Old 29-07-2009, 09:29 PM   #175
flying[star]

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaBear View Post
Yes, HIV CAN be spread via sexual intercourse or oral sex, or sharing needles, but it's also spread through the cross-contamination of bodily fluids, in my case, blood. long story short, i picked it up from a friendvwhen i found her and had to rush her to emergency before she died of blood loss and succeeded at taking her life. stupidly, i hadn't dressed my own cuts, and her blood mixed with mine. neither of us knew SHE had it, but now I have it too.

she hasn't seemed to progress through the illness at the rate I have, so she may only ever have HIV, it may never become AIDS for her. I, however, am expected to progress into full blown AIDS within the next year or two. it affects everyone a little bit differently, but the basic concepts are the same.

Tuesday: could very well be. Though i think that those statistics count the so-called "permanent" queers. the "gay phase" stuff seems to be on a serious rise these days. that, or i'm totally insane. haha
i'm stupid.. how does that effect surgery? Don't doctors have to keep your blood from contacting them in the first place?
yes, you may shoot me ifi'm too annoying.

Old 30-07-2009, 05:11 AM   #176
PapaBear

I am currently:

yes, it would usually mean no surgery, but my surgeon is willing to take the risk as they were the ones to give my foster mom her surgery to make her look more masculine so she could fight in the men's kickboxing ring. she's williong to risk infecting herself, and risk losing her liscence because she, herself is trans (MTF) and understands the need to be who you are, and the risks involved in performing the surgery. she's done it on a few other HIV patients, and i trust her.

Old 31-07-2009, 12:37 AM   #177
flying[star]

oh. now i get it :) That's great for you

Old 31-07-2009, 07:10 PM   #178
Dan
Beyond Repair.

I am currently:

HIV attacks the immune system, having nasty infections anyway, and then adding sugery to the mix wouldn't be good, that's how I understood it?

Old 03-08-2009, 08:18 PM   #179
flying[star]

Yeah.. that was a stupid question. .

Old 04-08-2009, 08:28 AM   #180
PapaBear

I am currently:

not a stupid question.

and yeah, adding surgery into the mix is an incredibly bad idea, but if i'm going to die, i want to at least have the body i've always felt i was meant to have. i've come to understand the risks, and i'm willing to take them if there's even the slightest chance i'll live out my life the way i've always dreamed. when my friends' dreams have been being famous or rich, mine have been to lose my breasts and gain a penis, haha. and i'd give anything to live that dream, even for a little while. =)

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)