RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 08-03-2008, 10:24 PM   #21
Psychedelic Doodle Pop

Aye, Risperadone made me agitated. But it worked really well for some people I know. I was on it for ocd/agitation.

Old 09-03-2008, 01:03 AM   #22
Merc

I was on it , 2mg, and it made me zombie-like and LACTATE!!! NOT fun...my daughter is 16..i thuink i no longer need that thaks so much LOL.
it also made me gain weight so i went off it...
i hope iot helps you.
dont try to pigeon-hole it..it IS used for many reasons/illnesses at vrying degrees.
Just keep your doc up rto date on SE's and hope it works *fingers croseed for you*
thinkingofyou
romp

Merc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 08:11 AM   #23
*..life in pain..*
Irene

I am currently:

thanks!omg!will i gain weight???is there something i can do to not gain weight??its the last thing i want right now.im fat, i can't be fatter!

My RYL family:
I-used-to-be-positive is my big sister razorxkissedxwrists is my mommy alyssa.star is my sister phoenixflames_forever is my cousin concreteangel, helpmydeath, xxbeckyxx and queer fringe are my little sisters bob--says--hi is my twin

pm me anytime

*..life in pain..* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 11:35 AM   #24
Aubergine
You've got this.

I am currently:

I've been taking this since december (2mg) and haven't gained any weight. I haven't had any negative side effects, but I haven't really had any positive effects either.

I hope it helps you.

Aubergine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 05:59 AM   #25
Eir
ignoring the cacophony

I am currently:

about the weight, just take note of what your eating.... and if you find yourself snacking try to make it healthy stuff...
lactation is scary....
correct me if i'm wrong, but aren't most anti psychotics contra-indicated for anti depressants??? as in taking them at the same time is like a bad thing??? i hope your quack is keeping a close eye on you...
take care
Annie

Eir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 06:55 PM   #26
*..life in pain..*
Irene

I am currently:

is it a bad thing to take them at the same time?he gave the anti psychotic, so that the antidepressant can work earlier, so that it won't take that long to work.i don't know.

My RYL family:
I-used-to-be-positive is my big sister razorxkissedxwrists is my mommy alyssa.star is my sister phoenixflames_forever is my cousin concreteangel, helpmydeath, xxbeckyxx and queer fringe are my little sisters bob--says--hi is my twin

pm me anytime

Old 12-03-2008, 08:07 PM   #27
craola
Clouds In My Coffee.

I am currently:

I don't think so. I take anti-depressants and anti-psychotics in the mornings and then anti-depressants, anti-psychotics and a mood stabiliser in the evening. Your doctor should have told you exactly when to take them though.

craola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 09:13 PM   #28
flymetothemoon
N/A

I am currently:

I've been on it for a couple of months for schizophrenia but thats not all its used for, dont worry. I gained about a stone, but I was VERY underweight, so dont expect that to happen to you, especially on such a low dose. basically, if you have any bad side effects, get it changed. I find it makes me very tired at inappropriate times.

Because soulmates never die.

flymetothemoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 09:13 PM   #29
flymetothemoon
N/A

I am currently:

however, it does stabilise my aggression rather well.

Because soulmates never die.

flymetothemoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 09:42 PM   #30
tamobhuuta

i was on it a while ago, but only for a couple of weeks, then the doctor said i might as well come off it. i don't rememebr any particular side effects but i wasn't on it long enough to tell

Ying tong iddle ai po!

tamobhuuta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 09:55 PM   #31
*..life in pain..*
Irene

I am currently:

he told me to take the antidepressant in the morning and the anti psychotic in the evening.once the day each.

it makes me tired too.

My RYL family:

pm me anytime

Old 13-03-2008, 10:31 AM   #32
pixiedust

I am currently:

I'm on 0.5mg. It can be used as an anti-psychotic, a mood stabiliser or in some cases an anti-anxiety. I've been on it for about 9 months now and my side effects are tiredness, lactation and tender breasts.

Sometimes the way in life seems cloudy...But remember, after the storm comes clear skies

pixiedust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2008, 03:26 AM   #33
Eir
ignoring the cacophony

I am currently:

doctor's can go against some contraindications, depending on what happens when they interact. but they must monitor you, like instead of once a month catchups, once a week.
dexies are contraindicated for psychosis, but i was on them for a while. instead of my usual once every six weeks appointments, i had once a week appointments at every dose change and the initial addition to my meds for about three weeks
the reason i'm worried is because my gp put me on effexor and zyprexa at the same time, the former being an anti-d, the latter being an anti-psychotic. she was not up to date on her prescription guidelines. she didn't want to see me again for six weeks. i ended up in the local mental hospital, convinced i was a KGB agent and with slices all up my legs.
the general rule is they do not mix well for most people, but there are exceptions.
just be careful guys

Eir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2008, 10:57 AM   #34
minnie
voices

I am currently:
risperidone

I am on risperidone for the voices I am on 6mg morning and night I dont have any side effects apart from when I first started them I was sleepy and dopey but I am okay now I have been on them for 12months now
The only other side effect that has happened is my period have stopped
I havnet gained any weight on them either I have lost weight on them which is a good thing for me.

Everyones different when they are taking meds especially risperidone.

Hope this helps you with the advice youa re after.

minnie is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)