RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-08-2014, 11:55 PM   #61
youonlyliveonce

Don't feel strong but thanks
Trying to b gentle my flash backs are so intense n I feel so ashamed n guilty
But friends have been great n hopefully if I sleep I'll b able to talk to Dbt in the morning

Old 02-08-2014, 12:44 AM   #62
Snow White.
I am a fairy.

I am currently:

That sounds like a good plan. I'm sorry to hear about the flashbacks I hope you're able to manage them okay.

I'm really proud of you for giving the evidence, I know you were very scared so it took a lot of bravery and courage. Well done x

Snow White. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 01:10 AM   #63
youonlyliveonce

Thanks having bit if trouble now iv taken my meds which normally knock me out within ten mins since they were upped on Tuesday but tonight think I'm too stressed so now it's gona b a real battle as my urges r through the roof

Did I do the right thing wat if he gets in trouble

Old 02-08-2014, 01:26 AM   #64
Snow White.
I am a fairy.

I am currently:

You definitely did do the right thing.

Are you a sort of person who likes mediations? That might help relax you with your meds and send you into a sleep while also keeping your brain a bit distracted. You can find apps (try Stop Panic and Anxiety they contain good guided meditation where you try and picture the scene as it is described to you) or everybody youtube. Logging off and snuggling into bed and giving the meds a chance to work might help but if it doesn't, we are here

Snow White. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 10:36 AM   #65
youonlyliveonce

Managed to finally get some sleep but it was filled with nightmares :(

Old 08-08-2014, 12:03 AM   #66
youonlyliveonce

Hi sorry to bump this again I'm just really worried it's been a week now b no one has been contacted
Like my friends to ask wat has been discussed or that my dad hasn't been brought in for question they did say it cud take a while but has anyone been through it n say sort if a time line
:( I'm really dressed

Old 08-08-2014, 12:31 AM   #67
ajrocks

I am currently:

Hello I was going to ask how you were doing now.is their anyone you can contact about the process? as i'm sure it must be really distressing not knowing whats happening now
I haven't been through a court process and still think you're massively brave but I do understand the nightmares part-I've been getting terrible nightmares linked to the past so I know how horrible and actually debilitating they can be as it puts you in a bad place for the day and I think its no wonder you are experiencing that-is their anything you can do to make going to sleep a calming experience so as to maybe put you in a positive mood before bed-though that said I do know that sometimes that has no bearing on the nightmares but it may help you get less you never know?
I hope you are as ok as you can be and safe hang in there and keep talking :)

"And it's hard to dance with a devil on your back so shake him off."

"What others think of me is none of my business".

ajrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 11:40 AM   #68
bitomato

I am currently:

I think you will find yourself worrying about everything and anything because your system is in a heightened state. You have done your part, now you need to put things in perspective- do you need to interact with your dad or family at all?

Everything should be focused on staying as well as possible and as safe as possible. Court is an awful process for everyone, so that much more pronounced for persons who are triggered by uncertainty and lack of control. What you have control over is how you cope and as difficult as it might be- the court process has taken on a life of its own. Use your friends and your dbt therapist to work through what you are thinking and feeling.

You are a role model because bad things continue to happen to others because people allow fear to stop them from going to court. Try not to minimise your accomplishment. It may not feel like it- but you are brave.

~Happy tomatoes together we will be~
You say toe- may- toe, I say toe- mah- toe:
Let's call the whole thing- red

It’s time to lead the third revolution, which is not to say we want to be at the top of the world, but to say we want to change the world. Because the way the world has been designed by men is not working. It’s not working for women, it’s not working for men,
it’s not working for polar bears
.” Arianna Huffington 2014

bitomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 06:57 PM   #69
youonlyliveonce

The lady from rosa is bk on Monday I think n is going to phone do I cud ask her I think
Yeh I have a good sleep hygiene pattern my Dbt therapist said to try n change the ending but that's really hard

No I don't need to talk to dad but I am going to see his family next weekend n my uncle is the spitting image of him b my nan also knows so I'm scared about that

Thank y both for ur replies they have made me feel so much better bout wat iv done Dbt have been amazing through it all so I'm coping I guess

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)