RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 23-07-2016, 10:42 PM   #1
not_so_insig
It's Bouquet! B-U-C-K-E-T!

I am currently:
Feel like throwing it all away

I have a sore on my arm which I half pick and half take care of. I pick it because I have a bad habit and sometimes I want to see blood (which is one of the reasons I have cut in the past). I also rather enjoy taking care of my sore. It's probably the only time I practice self care.

But I am tempted to cut again. I really find the sore triggering. I know there's nothing I can do until the sore heals. I know that I will cut time and time again if I start again. I have worked bloody hard to get to 5 years free. But I am tempted to throw it away.

I can't do my usual distraction because I am not at home and everything is there. Normally I would take prn but I have none.

Idk what I want from this other than to get it off my chest.

Wannabe CPN : -)
"He who is tired of Weird Al is tired of life." - Homer Simpson
"I hear those voices that will not be drowned"
Sanity is a nasty disease. The world would be a happier place without it. - Rilic
RIP Kat 4th July 1987- 11th June 2013

not_so_insig is offline   Reply With Quote
One Hug Given By:
Old 23-07-2016, 11:40 PM   #2
EMH

I am currently:

is there any way you could cover it up? i know youre not at home with your things but maybe just some folded up kitchen roll and stick it with micropore tape if you dont have any plasters?

EMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2016, 05:15 PM   #3
Pi.R^2
Pathologically flamboyant

I am currently:

Sorry I didn't respond to this sooner. Are you back at home now?

Maybe you could print off/look through some of the "X years free" threads you have made over the last few years to help remind you of all the hard work you've done- you could even carry some with you in case you are away from home again and need some reminders as to why not to give in.

No other sadness in the world would do

Pi.R^2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2016, 06:38 PM   #4
not_so_insig
It's Bouquet! B-U-C-K-E-T!

I am currently:

Thanks Jenna.

I can't put a plaster on it due to the location (it's very near the joint ) because the movement means that they don't stick very long.

I don't have an printer but I might start bringing colouring books again so that I have something to do.

It seems to be healing (at least it's becoming harder to pick) now though. I haven't cut so far though.

Wannabe CPN : -)
"He who is tired of Weird Al is tired of life." - Homer Simpson
"I hear those voices that will not be drowned"
Sanity is a nasty disease. The world would be a happier place without it. - Rilic
RIP Kat 4th July 1987- 11th June 2013

not_so_insig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2016, 01:44 AM   #5
Bellatrix
Voldemort's Bitch

I am currently:

You could also start planning your 6 year free present to yourself and getting excited about it. Or if that feels like too far away and you need something more urgent you could look into a smaller gift for yourself if you make it another month and then another month.

I also like Jenna's idea of reading your old threads for inspiration and motivation.

You could also write down a list of reasons why you stopped in the first place.

I can empathise though. When I get an accidental wound (I have a pretty bad one on my leg right now) I feel a sense of excitement that I have a wound to tend to and look after. In a way I think it's because it's the only way I can show myself physically that I'm looking after myself. Maybe you could try practicing other self care things like taking the time to have a pamper session with a long bath and face/hair mask and nail painting and moisturizing and a nice hot drink. Ways you can show you're looking after yourself without the physical need for a wound to do so.

You've come so far, don't give up now lovely.

Imperfection is underrated.

Bellatrix is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)