RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 25-07-2016, 04:04 PM   #1
littlest-hobo

I am currently:
old scars, treatment?

So I stopped self harming about 7 years ago.
I have extensive scaring to my arms and a few others elsewhere.
Some are quite bad, required stitching at the time (which I got done mostly) & lots and lots of not so bad ones.
I don't have any raised/keloid scars, some are slightly purple.
Ive seen the red cross about camouflage make up and didn't like it at all.
I saw a plastic surgeon about 5 years ago (on the NHS) and he said something about collagen for the sunken scar which wasn't permanent and something else that couldn't be done on my forearms because the underside skin wasn't scar free. He said some could be excised but because they were so extensive there wasn't much point.
I had a few sessions of I can't remember the name, but they dry needle you, like tattooing and it is supposed to stimulate the growth of melatonin and collagen, but I moved away and it would be a mission to get to them as I am in a different country now. I only had two sessions but I can't see any improvement either.
Has anyone successfully treated their scars?
I am considering covering them with tattoo's but I'm not really a full sleeve kinda gal... Though it would be better than the scarred mess that I have now. And I wouldn't go with anything heavy or coloured, would go with as little actual tattooing as I could get away with... But I'm reluctant.
I live in a hot country now too, so its difficult being stuck in long sleeves in summer.
I'm wondering if I could have the ones at the top of my arm surgically worked on (i have scar free skin on the underside), if they could be made into one scar then just have my forearms to work with (some of my worst scars are upper arms).
Sorry, I'm rambling now, so yes, anyone?

littlest-hobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2016, 08:43 PM   #2
ThePhoenixFallacy

I am currently:

I haven't ever tired to get my scars treated.
It sounds uncomfortable for you. Long sleeves in summer is a pain!

You could try becoming more comfortable with your scars? I have achieved some degree of ok-ness with the scars I have in that it doesn't bother me if someone notices them in public.
I know this isn't what you are asking for, but I have no idea of what the other methods you are talking about are or pro's and cons of them.

Ash x

Call me Ash :)

"Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light" -Albus Dumbledore

This is not a part of me. This is a part of what is happening to me.

ThePhoenixFallacy is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)