RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 09-06-2010, 04:23 AM   #1
ashly*

I am currently:
Triggering (SI) - i really really need help right now..i cant slip again..:''/

ive made it six weeks...a lousy six weeks...im so close right now its terrible...i feel like all of you on here are just my imaginary little pictures i dreamt up giving myself adivice...a real hug would be nice..but i guess ill pretend for now...

i have no idea to why i am so close to cuttin...my baby brother was born yesterday and my birthday is thursday...shoudnt i be happy right now?!

my life is great...why do i SI?!? i hate myself for that sooo soo much..idk whats wrong with me...why i do what i do....

can anyone help...please.....:''/

ashly* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 09:19 AM   #2
Wakeful Dreamer.
Honourable mention.

I am currently:

Hey there.

I wish I could be there and hug you now (that was meant to come out in a non-creepy way ^_^), but since I can't, I'll just offer you some support from here.

Six weeks is amazing! It's not lousy at all. That's over forty days since you last hurt yourself, and isn't that something to be proud of?

You shouldn't hate yourself for self-harming. It doesn't make you a bad person, after all; it just means you needed a way to cope, and happened to choose one that's maybe not the best. But that's no reason to hate yourself. It doesn't make you weak or stupid or anything. And the fact you reached out here for help actually makes you brave. You'd be amazed how many people suffer in silence because they can't find the courage to reach out and ask for help.

You ask what's wrong with you - here's the answer: nothing. Just because you self-harm, it doesn't mean there's anything wrong with you. It doesn't need to define you, to control you. You can break out of this cycle and overcome self-harm.

As for not knowing why you self-harm... perhaps you could keep a sort of 'self-harm diary'. Not details about the actual harming, but about you. For example, each time you self-harm, write down how you feel before/during/after it, what happened before it, why the thought first entered your mind, what you did to try and dispel the thought... just things like that, to help you figure out your triggers and motivations behind self-harming.

Stay safe.

oh non-believer, please believe me.
is there honestly nothing in this world
that keeps you living & breathing?
you're a ghost in your own
goddamn city.

Wakeful Dreamer. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 01:43 PM   #3
DontLookUp
Saffyx

I am currently:

6 weeks is amazing sweetie! Dont you forget that!
A lot of times it doesnt matter how normals someones life is, there are still problems, my life seems normal, i have a good life but somehow things are still so wrong emotionally for me. I understand why you hate yourself for feeling like this when you feel like you should be happy, but it is how you feel, you cant help it. There are obviously underlying issues that need to be dealt with, and there obviously is something wrong even if you are not sure what. Your problems are just as real as someone elses who's life maybe isnt so great and they are just as valid. Are you seeing a counselor who could help you figure out what your feeling?
*hugs* and congrats on your brother :) xx

♥ .I'm going to fall like I don't need saving. ♥
...My smile's just the armour I built when I was alone...

There was some part of me that hurt so badly, that I wouldn't ever be able to forget it.
It faded but the memories could bring it back any second, keeping me in the moment.
It would never fully heal. I could never really be free. I could never really be fixed.
Now I just have to work out how to live whilst being broken.
I feel like I'm dying.

DontLookUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 03:36 PM   #4
Katiee
It's full of lonely.

I am currently:

Six weeks is great hun, please don't stop fighting now, you can get through this. Take care. x

<3.

Katiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 04:55 PM   #5
ashly*

I am currently:

i saw a counselor last year when i was 13. but i was forced to go. so i lied about everything...now i wish i hadnt done that because i never got the help i needed

ashly* is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)