RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 07-03-2010, 07:54 AM   #1
psychadelicflowergirl
May god have mercy on my dirty little heart.

I am currently:
hmm.. opinions please?

Okay, basically what has been going on is i had met a lovely man online, he came to live with me about 3 months ago.
He asked me to marry him bout 6 months before he came to meet me and i do love him dearly and want to marry him. Most of the time we are happy together.
But...
tonight for no reason at all i just feel so depressed and generally pissed off with him.
i'm wondering if i'm feeling pissed off
(a)because i'm in pain with my pcos
(b) because i have noticed i seem to get depressed every march to the point where i break down
or
(c) this relationship just won't work
He knows about all my problems and i think he understands most of them, but sometimes it just seems like he ignores me when i'm in pain and when i'm feeling okay then he can be bothered to acknowledge me.

Another thing is that my parents both know that we are engaged, but he came here and he hasn't told his mother or his father(or even any of his friends) that we are, and refuses to, i've tried talking to him about it and all he'll do is change the subject or just pretend he didn't hear what i said
i'm wondering if he's embarassed of me or something?

it got to the point earlier where i said to him
" are you not telling your family because you're not sure about me?"
and to that he replied that he was sure and he loved me etc etc.

I'm just really confused as to why he would do this? i've asked him if he's scared and told him i'm there for him to talk to about anything and that if we're getting married he needs to talk to me about his problems.

I trust him, but i don't know how much longer i can trust him for..

psychadelicflowergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
6 Hugs Given By :
Old 07-03-2010, 08:04 AM   #2
Jetforce
Wound Care Advisor

I am currently:

It is rather quick for somebody to ask marriage 6months b4 even meeting u, thus he might be up to something? i dunno? Usually ppl would wait 1yr or more before popping that question, well from what i gather.

Jetforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 08:10 AM   #3
psychadelicflowergirl

I am currently:

yeah i had wondered the same, we've known each other 5 years now but he's only been living with me for such a short amount of time.
just confused as to why he won't tell his family....

Old 07-03-2010, 12:02 PM   #4
Dreamergirl

I am currently:

do you know what kind of relationship he has with his family?

Dreamergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 02:52 PM   #5
psychadelicflowergirl

I am currently:

Yeah, he has a good relationship with his family, he calls his dad every week to let him know how he's getting on etc ...

Old 08-03-2010, 11:44 AM   #6
makedamnsure

I am currently:

I wouldn't worry about being annoyed with him. it is bound to happen occasionally and could be for any of the reasons you mentioned and more. It does seem strange to get engaged before even meeting each other though.

He might not want to tell his parents because he fears they will judge him for proposing so quickly. I would seriously talk to him about this engagement. Live together, fine. Love each other, great. But personally I would have to have lived with him for at least a year before even considering getting engaged.

if you both decided that you do want to stay engaged at least wait a year or two before planning the wedding so you know that you will be happy living together.

Courtesy
Integrity
Perseverance
Self Control
Indomitable Spirit

makedamnsure is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)