RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-01-2008, 05:52 PM   #1
ems

I am currently:
Triggering (SI/ED) - Appealing against section 3 of mha in UK?

Anyone done it? Or against a different section? I have an appointment with a lawyer on Tuesday, no idea hat to expect, Or how soon a tribunal can be arranged etc? I was sectioned cos i stopped eating for a week and my blood sugar crashed, i wouldnt consent to treatment etc.. so they force fed me with an ng. However i do have diordered eating, but not an ED, my main problem is SI, which isn't what i was sectioned for... stupid!!! Anyway, I've been under section since 5th Dec + i'm doing fine, havent hurt myself, been eating what they telll me to. No reason to be detained i dont think!! Anyway i'm fed up of having some idiot psychiatrist controll my life, ... any advice on appealing?

ems is offline   Reply With Quote
One Hug Given By:
Old 02-01-2008, 07:38 PM   #2
Lil'MissLaLa
Art is a lie that makes us realise the truth

I am currently:

i'm not sure tbh, was wondering the same - on sec3 myself for anorexia tho my consultant is reviewing it next week and hopefully lifting it. Can u perhaps ask them the reasons why theyre keeping u on it if the situation in which they put it on has changed?
My only advice would be to state ure case in a calm controlled manner and point out the progress uve made since being admitted and i guess just take it from there. But id say try and talk to ur psych direct first, u neva no they might be considering removing it anyway.
Good luck with it al and let us no wat happens
Dani
xx

'Imagination is more important than knowledge'

http://maddani.deviantart.com/

Lil'MissLaLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 10:31 PM   #3
x-dying-inside-x
*Dan*

I am currently:

i was put on a section2 and was meant to have my tribunal monday just gone but they resined it last friday.
talk to the lawyer they will know alot about it.
you can always ask the staff where you are staying, you are within your rights to be told what you can do.

" my precious, precious child, I love you and I would never, never leave you during your times of trials and suffering. When you see only one set of footprints it was then that I carried you" you were carried out of are lifes into the next and when its my time to leave this life I know i will be carried into the next life with you.
I wish i had my world complete again.
'Can we protend that airplanes in the night sky are like shooting stars, i could really use a wish right now' BoB

x-dying-inside-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 07:23 PM   #4
ems

I am currently:

thanks guys.. getting nervous about it now! Just hope the tribunal's soon

ems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 07:26 PM   #5
Nonny

If you don';t want to be on a xsection three, your next of kin can poull you off it with 72 hours notice. just go to the tribunal and explain. i dont know why they would put you on a section 3 for that though. they put me on a section 3 for something bizarre too and released me after 6 days. good lcumj,. sorry for typing.

Old 07-01-2008, 12:41 AM   #6
mitch

I am currently:

i got myself off a six month compulsory treatment inpatient order. Just talk to your laywer and act rationale. The best thing to do might to adress the fact that you know that you need to eat and will continue to do so etc.

mitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 04:47 PM   #7
88shelz
be positive

I am currently:

that does sound a bit drastic.
have u spoken to any of the nurses to why this is happening still?
keep us updated on how u r. thinkn bout u xx

88shelz is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)