RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 26-09-2019, 02:45 AM   #1
solofighter

Hi, I am new here

Hi,
I am not entirely sure what i am doing here... other then i am looking for others who struggle with self-harm/ urges.
I am almost 27 years old, and i am a mother to a sassy 5.5 year old daughter. I am in a good relationship with her father.
I am not sure how much we should be sharing here.
I was diagnosed with Bipolar type 2 and social anxiety at 18 years old (2010) and in 2016 (at 24 years old) i was additionally diagnosed with borderline personalty disorder, and generalized anxiety disorder. I take daily medication and see my doctor once a month as well as counseling every two weeks.

I have been struggling with my mental health yet again, over the many months but it got worse after our house caught fire July 29th. We lost everything, but all of us and our pets were okay. Currently we are staying in trailers and looking for a house to move to, but it has been challenging to say the least.

I have been really struggling with self-harm urges, and smoking many cigarettes a day... more then i used to. I recently slipped and ended up self-harming.

Really i am just looking for others who relate, and what others do to fight the urges and manage to not slip
Thanks

solofighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2019, 10:14 AM   #2
nonperson

I am currently:

Sorry to hear you've had such a terrible time lately and slipped up. Welcome to the forums though. There are definitely lots of people who can relate here. =)

nonperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2019, 10:38 AM   #3
one_step_closer
The Shadow of the Day

Hi, welcome to RYL. I'm sorry things are so tough for you right now. I hope you find it helpful here. Take care.

I put it down on paper and then the ghost does not ache so much.

Don't try to calm the storm, calm yourself, the storm will pass.

You didn't come this far just to come this far.

one_step_closer is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)