Live Help

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 06-05-2013, 07:16 AM   #21
Nitrosgas

I’d love to smoke one and experience a different taste.

Nitrosgas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 08:25 AM   #22
FabulousMike
Proud Union Activist.

I am currently:

I have seen a lot of people smoking these things lately, they seem rather popular.

FabulousMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 10:41 AM   #23
Feel_Good_inc.
I am a leaf on the wind; watch how I soar

I am currently:

i think the thing that makes them the most popular is the fact you can legally smoke them indoors.

Last time I was working, a colleague in the office made the switch from cigs to e-cigs so she could have a smoke without standing outside - it being winter and all. it also allowed her to smoke through the day instead of the two or three breaks we had

she had an e-cig with a light in the end that glowed red. she told us how she was puffing it on the train when someone came up and told her "put the cigarette out, this is a non-smoking train."
The opportunity was too good, she pressed the end of the cigarette into her palm. freaked the person right out.

Don't be fooled by my smooth skin. The deepest scars are the ones unseen.
Remember compliments you received, forget the insults. If you succeed in doing this, tell me how..~ Baz Lurhman.
Letting it get to you - You know what that's called? Being alive. Best thing there is. Being alive right now that's all that counts. ~ Doctor Who "The Doctors Wife"
06.November.2011

Feel_Good_inc. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 02:48 AM   #24
forever_lost

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feel_Good_inc. View Post
i think the thing that makes them the most popular is the fact you can legally smoke them indoors.
I agree, where I live there are new(ish) laws that you can't smoke indoors pretty much anywhere anymore other than a private residence anymore, even in bars. So e-cigs must be way more convenient sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feel_Good_inc. View Post
The opportunity was too good, she pressed the end of the cigarette into her palm. freaked the person right out.
lol, that must have been so funny

Giving up doesn't always mean you're weak.
Sometimes it just means you're strong enough to let go.
"But it's the truth even if it didn't happen."

forever_lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2013, 07:25 AM   #25
masonlvvy

this year i try use e cigs,it's very difficult to quit smoking.....

masonlvvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2013, 07:42 AM   #26
FabulousMike
Proud Union Activist.

I am currently:

Never tried one, I should really.

FabulousMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2013, 09:27 PM   #27
random.swirls
Head forum moderator

I am currently:

As a non smoker I can't see the point in starting using them as they are expensive and so on.

But I do know several people who use them and find them helpful!

When we lose twenty pounds... we may be losing the twenty best pounds we have! We may be losing the pounds that contain our genius, our humanity, our love and honesty. ~Woody Allen
Is a chocolate muffin loving glitter ball

random.swirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2013, 12:11 PM   #28
Asura

IMO the act of smoking is attractive, but everything else is revolting: the smoke, the smell, the unhealthy lifestyle, etc. E-cigarettes could be cool.

However, I don't smoke. It's whatevs.

Nous avons abrité tous les rêves du monde,
Et c'est dans le soleil que nous avons grandi.

Asura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2013, 09:29 PM   #29
Sans Peur

E-cigs are not as expensive as people think especially when you think a packet of cigs will cost you over £7 now. The ecig i have you can buy for £15 and i spend far less than the £7 a week i was spending on baccy on eliquid. I love my e-cig and so far its working out really well for me, i am still smoking but far less than i was. My e-cig looks nothing like a real cigarette, no light on the end, not coloured or really shaped like a cigarette. I didnt want something with a glowing light on the end.

I didnt buy my e-cig to be able to smoke in places where smoking is banned. E-cig is not smoking but in my mind if i want to stop the stinkies all together then i need to keep up with my routine of going outside in my lunch break. There is a bonus i can use my e-cig in my house though.E-cigs are becoming banned in many places now, loads of train companies do not allow them and wetherspoons have also banned them from being used inside the pubs. I have used my e-cig in my local pub but that is when it was quiet and i know the owners well enough to ask if it is okay to use it.

Sans Peur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2013, 11:50 AM   #30
sherlock holmes
do you like my potato?

No, I would not start smoking an e-cig. I quit cigarettes a few years ago.

Basically, no-one really knows the long term effects of using e-cigs. Plus, they are not regulated in any way, so you don't really know what's in them besides water vapour and nicotine.

I think that nicotine is still addictive regardless of what form you use it in.

I hated being a slave to nicotine. It dictated my life. I don't want that back! I don't even drink coffee, because so many people say they cannot function without their first cup of the day. I don't want to be addicted to anything ever again.

Also, while you are technically allowed to 'smoke' an e-cig indoors, many business frown upon it and some will tell you to stop. I saw a feature on it on BBC news where they secretly filmed someone using an e-cig in various indoor public places. Many members of the public mistakenly believed it was a real cig, and some owners came over to tell them to stop, even when they discovered it was an e-cig. They said it creates confusion, and could cause others to smoke real cigarettes inside (ie tourists not knowing the law).

I hate confrontation, so I'd hate puffing away on the train only to have an irate traveller confront me. And if you can't smoke e-cigs inside then what's the point? If I wanted to stand outside to smoke I'd smoke real cigarettes.

So yeah. I won't be buying one.

And also, with those saying it's helping them quit, it's actually perpetuating your need to put something in your mouth and you are re-inforcing your habit of smoking after meals, on the phone, at the pub etc. I know it's not a 'real' cig, but you're using the same behaviours. So when you come to quit the e-cig, it will be just as hard as going cold turkey. I don't see the benefits.

Isn’t it funny how day by day nothing changes but when you look back, everything is different…

you once called your brain a hard drive, well say hello to the virus.

sherlock holmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2013, 12:05 PM   #31
Cacoethes
¡Viva la Revolución!

I am currently:

Very well put ^

I'm a smoker, I gave up for just over a year and started again this year. I don't see how e-cigarettes would help you give up. I could see how it would be a good idea in replacing cigarettes, because it won't have the tar and other bad stuff in it, but I doubt it would help in quitting.

I'm fine! Totally fine. I don't know why it's coming out all loud and squeaky, 'cause really, I'm fine!

Who else is fine?!?!?

Cacoethes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 11:08 AM   #32
Asura

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherlock holmes View Post
Basically, no-one really knows the long term effects of using e-cigs.
Lol I bet you they're not worse than real cigarettes, of which--by the way--we do know the long term health risks. :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherlock holmes View Post
And also, with those saying it's helping them quit, it's actually perpetuating your need to put something in your mouth and you are re-inforcing your habit of smoking after meals, on the phone, at the pub etc. I know it's not a 'real' cig, but you're using the same behaviours. So when you come to quit the e-cig, it will be just as hard as going cold turkey. I don't see the benefits.
Seems like a good intermediate step to quitting if you ask me, at least theoretically. Yes you're still perpetuating the habit of putting something in your mouth, but as people have said they're much less gratifying; not as strong a high. I say let it be a tool to ween you off the nicotine, then worry about Freudian fixations. :P

Nous avons abrité tous les rêves du monde,
Et c'est dans le soleil que nous avons grandi.

Asura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 02:25 PM   #33
shadow-light
He was no dragon. Fire cannot kill a dragon

I am currently:

the cheap ones you get from supper markets I find are rubbish... however, my friend has an extensive proper one with liquid refills and I tried it a few weeks back, I would use one of them, but can't afford one at the moment (I know they are cheaper in the long run but I can't afford the initical outlay and as I have cut down on le rollies I am not spending much wek at moment on smoking)

The cheap ones though... I bought one and used it for about 2 days but was constantly wanting a real cig

shadow-light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 06:26 PM   #34
Feel_Good_inc.
I am a leaf on the wind; watch how I soar

I am currently:

I have been trying out an e-cigarette for a few months now. after a little trial and error to work out just how much I should be inhaling I find I quite like it. a couple of rechargeable batteries, refillable cartridges in a variety of flavours.
a smooth tobacco with a nice throat hit.

I started out trying e-lites, supposedly Britain's most popular e-cig company. they do rechargable batteries but non-refillable cartridges. There is almost no throat hit but the flavour is nice, when the cartridge is new. you can tell when it's going to need replacing because the flavour fades away. they claim each cartridge is equivalent to a pack of 20 but I think it can actually be a lot less.
I found them expensive and unreliable in the long run.
Refillable cartridges are the way to go, saves more money.
I bought my second kit online from a british company called jacvapour. good prices, reliable delivery.

Though I've not smoked before, I find this to be actually be good. it gives me a small boost of energy but also gives me a good, calm feeling.

Maybe there is something to the addictiveness of nicotine, because the first thing I like to do in the morning is take a couple of puffs of my coffee flavoured cartridge before getting out of bed.
But I don't think they're as addictive as real cigarettes. However I can only say that based from observations, I've seen people with cigarettes need a smoke at least ever half hour. Whereas I can take or leave this e-cig. There are times when I've gone out without the e-cig and not had any cravings for it. a couple of puffs around nine in the morning and then nothing until something like six in the evening.

Don't be fooled by my smooth skin. The deepest scars are the ones unseen.
Remember compliments you received, forget the insults. If you succeed in doing this, tell me how..~ Baz Lurhman.
Letting it get to you - You know what that's called? Being alive. Best thing there is. Being alive right now that's all that counts. ~ Doctor Who "The Doctors Wife"
06.November.2011

Feel_Good_inc. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 07:39 PM   #35
Bellatrix
Voldemort's Bitch

I have a shisha 'pen' which I find useful for when I want to engage in bad food behaviours. It doesn't have nicotine (though you can get it with it) but comes in flavours that make water vapour.
I'm aware it's not 'healthy' in terms of using 'smoking' to cope, but it's not doing me any harm and it's better than b/ping.

Imperfection is underrated.

Bellatrix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 09:26 PM   #36
Forest Fire

I am currently:

I don't see the point of people cutting down with these things, or the point of using ones with nicotine in. It's not going to free you from your addiction.
I used a nicotine free e-cig after smoking 20 a day for 10 years. The withdrawal was ****in horrible but having the e-cig helped the mental side of it. Once you've been going for a couple of weeks, the physical addiction is gone and it's a lot easier getting over the mental things like smoking after a meal, at the pub etc.
These things don't make quitting easy, (overcoming addiction never is) but they help you a little bit which is better than nothing.
I'd recommend the nicotine free ones to anybody looking to quit. You've got to really want it though

Forest Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 10:08 PM   #37
Bellatrix
Voldemort's Bitch

^I think the point is, you work on reducing the amount you use the nicotine-containing e-cig and it is better than trying to cut down while still smoking the real ones. Less damaging, and yes nicotine is still a little addictive, but if you're wanting to quit, it's a healthier way to do so.

Imperfection is underrated.

Bellatrix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 01:28 AM   #38
Randi_Layne
In the light she smiles but the darkness consumes.

I am currently:

Blech!!! I think they taste ucky but my boyfriend thinks they r just like a real cigarette plus theu make my throat hurt instantly n make me cough.

T
HINK POSATIVE

Randi_Layne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 07:17 AM   #39
shadow-light
He was no dragon. Fire cannot kill a dragon

I am currently:

I find that the e-lite ones make my throat hurt. My boyfriend has one which is also disgusting! It sort of tastes like american cigs :/ god knows why when we do not live in america but meh

shadow-light is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)