RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 12-01-2018, 08:53 PM   #1
LRgrad15

Dumbest reasons someone has ended a friendship

In the past, I’ve had some people end a friendship with me or other people for various dumb reasons. The most common being they heard something about their friend from someone else and just assume that what they heard was true, even if they knew your friend very well. I had this experience. In college I was friends with someone but then at the beginning of a school year, she met some new friends that were freshmen. Me and her were friends for almost a year. Well she started ignoring me when she met her new friends and then one of them told her I was backstabbing her which wasn’t true. I couldn’t believe she believed it and now think that means she never thought of me as a friend.

Despite her knowing me very well and she knew I didn’t talk bad about other ls, she believed the freshmen who told her and she asked me to tell the truth and asked why I did that. I told her that it was false and that I wouls never do that and she knew that. She countered it by saying someone else, who barely knew who I was anyway, had said it was true so therefore it must be true. We stopped hanging out after that. Turns out she did that to some other people as well months after she did it to me.

At first I thought I was alone but apparently not. Not sure if she had some sort of emotional problems or if that was just her cowardly way of trying to end friendships she no longer liked or never liked. After that happened, and after I heard she had done it to several other people, it made me wonder if she was either having problems or if she thought of friends as disposable and was too scared to end a friendship in a more mature manner, therefore, making up stories and trying to get people on her side and to stop hanging out with someone. She would tell other people about what she heard about a specific person, even if it wasn’t true or had no proof, and try to get them on her side, so it made me think she was never a real friend to me or others.

What are some dumb reasons people ended a friendship with you? How did you deal with it? I understand that most friendships don’t last long, but at times like these, I feel like some people are either too scared to tell the person they just simply don’t want to be friends anymore so they make up a lame reason that may not even be true or they have some problems or may not have been real friends in the first place. Do you think people like this really weren’t friends in the first place? Do you think it is cowardly to end friendships this way? Just wondered.

One Hug Given By:
Old 13-01-2018, 01:04 PM   #2
Pi.R^2
Pathologically flamboyant

I am currently:

It does sound like an unfortunate experience that you had, and I'm sorry that you weren't believed when you said you hadn't been backstabbing her. I guess she could have been using it as an excuse or maybe she had some problems of her own or maybe something else, I'm not sure it does much use to speculate too much as to the reasons why people behave in the way that they do! I hope you've found more stable and trusting friendships since then.

No other sadness in the world would do

Pi.R^2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2018, 02:50 PM   #3
LRgrad15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi.R^2 View Post
It does sound like an unfortunate experience that you had, and I'm sorry that you weren't believed when you said you hadn't been backstabbing her. I guess she could have been using it as an excuse or maybe she had some problems of her own or maybe something else, I'm not sure it does much use to speculate too much as to the reasons why people behave in the way that they do! I hope you've found more stable and trusting friendships since then.
I agree and thank you. I have a fear of it happening again, that's why I speculate at times but I do agree with you.

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)