RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 22-09-2007, 12:14 PM   #1
Circle Of Fire

I am currently:
Triggering (SI) - This documentaries about cutting (or eve ED's)

You know those documentaries that come every few years or so about how someone of a few someoens have cutting and it tells you how they started and thier stories ect.. hell you might have even seen them on the net..

Well i watched one about two years ago with a 19 year old girl who had been cutitgn since she as 15...ect and i was thinkign i'm never going to be like that, this is just a temporary thing.

Then you think back to it about a year later and think - i hope i dont end up like her, if things keep going this way then i might.
Then after a few years you realise you have just ended up like the poepl on TV thta you though you would never be like...

Does anyone eles have these sort of experiences and how do you feel abotu them?

xxxx

A bolt of Lightning Splits the Sky,
A MomentBurning then Dims to Die.

Circle Of Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Hugs Given By :
Old 22-09-2007, 07:04 PM   #2
Tanya B
cautiously optimistic

Ohh yeah, I know what you mean. I remember starting and seeing a documentary and reading articles about these people who'd been self-harming for years, and I was convinced my SI would be a minor thing that I'd "get over" in a few months at the most. But hey, here I am :P

I want to be part of your atmosphere.

Tanya B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2007, 09:54 PM   #3
gizabun

I am currently:

hmm, when i started i never ever thought that id still be doing it when i was 18.. i was convinced that i could almost "flick a switch" and stop.. hasn't quite happened like that though!

"Your smile is the most courageous thing I've seen"

gizabun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2007, 03:13 PM   #4
crazykat
Fight for another day

I remember the first time I heard of SH, I thought it will never be that bad, I'll just scratch a few times. Also thought that it would just be a temporary thing and when I wanted to stop, I could easily and not have urges or anything. I have found its not as easy as that.

"Recovery is something that you have to work
on every single day and it's
something that doesn't
get a day off."

crazykat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2007, 04:53 PM   #5
ShyBambi
Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ

I am currently:

yeah i'm like that...when i first heard of SH i was like 'omg thats crazy...' than i tried it and realised how it made people feel but still i told myself i'd never do it again...and i'm kinda shamed to say that 9 years on i'm still doing it :( and i think its getting worse again...

~*DoNt LeT ThE ShAdOwS ReAcH Me*~
~*The Only Time You Will See Success Before Work Is in The Dictionary*~
I've got an inferiority complex. But it's not a very good one.
☆★ I am not ashamed to admit that I cried like a baby when L closed his eyes for the last time.
RIP Ryuzaki. <3
★☆

ShyBambi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2007, 04:10 AM   #6
Voldemort

Yep, I completely sympathise with y'all.

I didn't spare a thought for the future when I started. It didn't cross my mind that I might spiral and continue doing it into adulthood, but here I am, 5 years later, still doing it. Bah. I didn't consider the whole being scarred for life thing when I started either. Stupid meeee.

Voldemort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2007, 09:09 AM   #7
Artyom

I am currently:

i started off with it just being small stuff, nothing real serious. didnt really think i'd actually take it this far.
and over 4 years later, ive realized how bad it has gotten and to the extent ive taken it. just makes me realize how much its gotten a hold of me.
i can never see my self ever not self harming again.

Artyom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2007, 10:24 AM   #8
sherlock holmes
do you like my potato?

I never thought about how long I'd be doing it. I think part of me knew when I started that I'd be doing it for a long time.

Isn’t it funny how day by day nothing changes but when you look back, everything is different…

you once called your brain a hard drive, well say hello to the virus.

sherlock holmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2007, 07:05 PM   #9
Hannah_x
Scientist

I am currently:

I remember years ago reading an article about SI, before I started, and thinking "Jesus, I would never do that."
I also remember soon after I started cutting (infrequently, though) seeing a woman in the street with scars all up her arm and thinking to myself that I would never allow it to get that bad for me.
So yeah, I know what you mean !
x

If you love me, won't you let me know.

We saw you in distraction; a sleeping, slow despair.

Hannah_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2007, 01:25 AM   #10
gottahavsweet

I am currently:

When I started... I didnt know anything about it. I became more aware of it when i went to the hospital... I never thought I would still be dealing with cutting when i turned 22... I hate it so much

gottahavsweet is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)