RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 21-05-2014, 02:38 PM   #1
ryan_25
Ryan

Suicide

I think about suicide everyday, almost as a comfort. I have no reason to kill myself, but I want to.

I have a feeling something happened to me when I was a child, that has haunted me my entire life. I cant explain it, but its so strong...

Sorry I'm so vague

I'm reaching out to anybody

I'm depressed, I'm an addict, I have an eating disorder, and I want to kill myself...

ryan_25 is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Hugs Given By :
Old 21-05-2014, 06:06 PM   #2
ctried

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan_25 View Post
I think about suicide everyday, almost as a comfort. I have no reason to kill myself, but I want to.

I have a feeling something happened to me when I was a child, that has haunted me my entire life. I cant explain it, but its so strong...

Sorry I'm so vague

I'm reaching out to anybody

I'm depressed, I'm an addict, I have an eating disorder, and I want to kill myself...
I've never had traumatic memory problems, myself, but I've heard that hypnosis can be very effective at unearthing such things. That is, of course, assuming that you *want* to unearth this troubling secret from your past.

Another method that might help you solve the mystery is, if there is anything that makes you upset/uncomfortable for no logical reason, this might somehow be associated with your secret memory. e.g., if you have a phobia of water, then maybe water played a significant part in your lost memory. So maybe exposing yourself to these things that make you uncomfortable might help you remember why you don't like them and by extension, the rest of this bad memory that you've forgotten.

Like I said, I can't say I have much experience with traumatic memories. And I don't have any experience with addiction or ED, either. But I do know what it is like to want to commit suicide.

Unfortunately, I can't really offer you any advice, though. All I can tell you is that you are not alone.

Last edited by ctried : 21-05-2014 at 06:14 PM.

"Do you think God gets stoned? I think so... look at the platypus." - Robin Williams

In search of the funniest Robin Williams quote to put in my signature...

ctried is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2014, 11:36 AM   #3
Tig

Hey,

I'm sorry things are so difficult for you at the moment. It sounds like you have a lot going on and it's brilliant you have reached out for support on RYL.

I notice it's been a couple of days since you posted, how are things now?

Tig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2014, 10:46 AM   #4
Patent Pending
★ Katie ★

I am currently:

Hi there,

Well done for reaching out on here, it's been a few days, how are things now?

It seems like you have a lot to struggle with at the moment, and it can make things seem overwhelming at times.

It can sometimes feel comfortable to think about suicide because of the idea that it's 'a way out', but as long as the thoughts don't become actions.

Do you have any professional/personal support right now? It might help to speak to them about this feeling you have about your past if you do.

x x x

It's the ups and downs of living life this way. Promise me you'll never go away. Just stay with me through one more night because it's always darkest before the light and now I promise you I'll never turn away. I won't let you give us one less heart to break...

Patent Pending is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)