RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 21-12-2017, 05:11 AM   #1
Rach233

Contains bullying - Adult bullying by friends and ex husband

Hey all. I’m pretty sure I’ve been a victim of bullying. I had a group
of friends for a while who conspired against me for whatever reason. I think the ”leader” of the group felt threatened by me and created this huge issue. It would take all day to go into all the details of everything they’ve done to me but excluding me intentionally from group functions and vacations was the primary indicator and spreading horrible rumors. They then drug my 8 yr old son into it by accusing him of saying mean things that I actually know their son said. They’ve turned friends against me that I had for years prior to even knowing them. It’s been a year since I’ve had contact with them and recently one of them reached out bc her son wanted to invite my son to his bday party. My first reaction is absolutely not and my second is ok but I have to be there with my fiancé by our side. But my main issue is that my ex husband thinks that I’m the one creating the drama. It’s been hell trying to prove that it’s not me until I finally gave up and decided it’s not worth proving and moved on on a positive direction. But he keeps allowing these idiots to get into our lives and create problems. What do I do? I don’t want to be childish but have to keep my son out of this drama.

Rach233 is offline   Reply With Quote
One Hug Given By:
Old 22-12-2017, 08:17 PM   #2
Pi.R^2
Pathologically flamboyant

I am currently:

Oh gosh, that sounds really difficult, I'm sorry you've been through such a difficult time. It does sound sensible to be as far separated from that entire group as possible. Does your son go to the same school as their son or something like that? I guess the best thing for you to do is to avoid interactions wherever possible but if there are situations where being around them is unavoidable, simply being as civil as you can so that it is clear to everyone that none of this drama and unpleasantness is being instigated by you.

No other sadness in the world would do

Pi.R^2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)