RYL Forums

Forum Jump

Old 26-07-2009, 08:16 PM   #1
bobbiwibble
Just find the time and reach for the bright side

I am currently:
Sexual Health - (girly stuff)bleeding 'down there' *possibly triggering SA*

Oook. This is going to be long :( I'm just not entirely sure what to do.

SUppose I should just do some dates so I dont get confused..

3rd july - thought I was coming on my period 2 weeks early, a couple of spots of blood in my knickers but thats it

9th-15th july - on holiday, got a throat infection. also learned that my immune system is VERY weak at the moment, and having the infection didnt help so I instantly got lots of ulcers, a stye, and a bad cold

later that week, at home, came off a 5-day period (lasted a bit longer than normal but I'm not sure if thats relevant) but at the end of the period there was an 'icky' feeling that i cant quite describe

The following content has been hidden - Reason : bad

a couple of days later i was sexually assaulted and there was penetration

i found blood in my knickers again on friday.. just a couple of spots but still..

for the last couple of evenings i've felt very ill and feverish
I feel very itchy down there now - I just did a 'virtual doctor' questionnaire online and it said I might have PID, which is basically women's VD.. it can make women infertile but I dont think I could bear the examination down there.. in fact I know I couldnt - I dont think I could even talk about it, let alone to a GP.

Oh, also, I had a miscarriage about 6 months ago. I expect that's relevant.. :( there's too much stuff for me to remember to tell my GP. most of it probably isnt relevant at all but its stuff that i'd need to say anyway, just in case...

does anybody know what that sort of examination would be like? or what else it might be? I know the big one - cervical cancer :( I dont seem to fit the symptoms but better safe than sorry, i know. I just cant do it!! if its that then there isnt even a test.. its usually caused by chlamydia or gonnorhea so I could have tests for them, but even if they were negative it wouldnt mean i didnt have PID so i'd still have to have a pelvic examination.. checking for fever, checking the area that hurts, taking swabs and squeezing and prodding and asking questions

heliotrope-lavender-candytuft-tulip-almond blossom-sycamore

Where do you turn when the night turns to singing
such sweet melodies and you flash your fin
then it's back to the depths where I cannot see you
but I built these towers just to honour you.....

Old 26-07-2009, 09:13 PM   #2
shadow-light
He was no dragon. Fire cannot kill a dragon

I am currently:

what the doctor will do is screen you for Chlamydia and Gonorrhoea, this is generally done with a swab, but you can ask them to do a urine test insted, which is slightly less acurate but may be easier for you. They will put you on the anti-biotics if either of these are positive
then they will do a blood test to look for increased white blood cells – a sign that the body is fighting an infection. they will probably also do a pregnancy test to make sur eit's not an ectopic pregnancy which can in the early stages have similar symptoms to PID
If all the previous tests were negative then they may do ultrasound scan is used to look for swelling or an abscess in the internal reproductive organs. They sometimes do a vaginal scan too... but that depends

Last edited by shadow-light : 26-07-2009 at 10:52 PM.
Old 27-07-2009, 01:18 AM   #3
Mandimoo
Mummy!!

I am currently:

its usually swabs, bloods and urine tests to rule out std's. i know in some places they will let you do your own swabs. mand x

Mand, South Wales, Full-time working, single mother to 2 scarily independent girls.
I AM A PROUD PLUMERIA SISTER

Mand x

Old 27-07-2009, 04:10 PM   #4
bobbiwibble
Just find the time and reach for the bright side

I am currently:

thank you.. at least now i know what i'm letting myself in for.

theres a sexual abuse/ assault centre in london where i've gone before, and they offered me STI tests. i think it would be easier there than at a doctors so i called and left a message

heliotrope-lavender-candytuft-tulip-almond blossom-sycamore

Where do you turn when the night turns to singing
such sweet melodies and you flash your fin
then it's back to the depths where I cannot see you
but I built these towers just to honour you.....

Old 27-07-2009, 04:14 PM   #5
shadow-light
He was no dragon. Fire cannot kill a dragon

I am currently:

you're probably right, they will be used to people who have gone through what you have

well done for calling :)

Old 27-07-2009, 07:46 PM   #6
Bitter_Angel
*First Aid Advisor*

I am currently:

Well done on calling thayt is the best thing you can do as you will need a check up. The people are lovely and know your going to be nervous so just relax an let them take care of you.

Eva. Gone, but never forgotten 27.3.10

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)