RYL Forums

Forum Jump

Old 02-04-2009, 09:14 PM   #1
~Grace~

General Medical Question - Urgent - ''letting''

I have started this. No im not proud. Its brought my anaemia levels further down. I dont know what im asking for really.

Something to shock me into stopping maybe?

I think im ill.
Im in trouble
Sorry

Last edited by ~Grace~ : 06-04-2009 at 08:08 PM. Reason: change it to urgent
Old 02-04-2009, 11:43 PM   #2
Mandimoo
Mummy!!

I am currently:

nothing seems to shock you into stopping. hows this...
stop if or you will die.

Mand, South Wales, Full-time working, single mother to 2 scarily independent girls.
I AM A PROUD PLUMERIA SISTER

Mand x

Old 03-04-2009, 01:02 AM   #3
Pomegranate
Petulant

I am currently:

Mandy is right Rowie but you know that already. Nothing we can say or do will force you to stop, that part has to come from you.

*Proud Plumeria Sister*

Old 03-04-2009, 07:52 AM   #4
Animad

Depending where you do it you could damage a nerve and paralyse a large area; that is a real danger and if you don't care about dying (which I'm not sure whether you do or not, I'm not making assumptions at all), then knowing you could paralyse/ weaken/ lose sensitivity in an area but still be alive with a serious injury wouldn't be great. Yes, it is that dangerous.

What about the fact that you can EASILY, even if whatever you are using is very clean/sterile, get bacteria into you blood stream. If they set up an infection then you're in major trouble & one of the big things it may attack is your heart.

Damaging blood supply to areas too if you do it a lot and that will also affect the sensation/ movement/ mobility of an area.

I would strongly advise AGAINST doing this and seeing someone about it; ie the reasons behind you doing it and so they can help you to stop.

If you're feeling ill from it and are already anaemic you NEED to get checked out.

Old 03-04-2009, 08:46 AM   #5
~Grace~

my anaemia level is 5.8

thankyou

Old 03-04-2009, 04:05 PM   #6
Bitter_Angel
*First Aid Advisor*

I am currently:

Rowie you risk going into organ failure and believe me for experince its not fun. Its painful and its scary but most of all its heartbreaking on your family who will also suffer watching you.

Eva. Gone, but never forgotten 27.3.10

Old 03-04-2009, 09:13 PM   #7
surprising mystery

I am currently:

You will end up in hospital, how you get out is up to you. If you want to get out alive, walking, take treatment now.. otherwise risk comming out with serious irreprible damage, cripled maybe, but that could be the best senario, death would be equally possible.

And dont think you wouldnt regret it, watching people howl in front of you seeing you hooked up to machines begging you to fight for your life, Im sure you will regret it, even if you dont regret the harm your doing to yourself, you will regret the hurt you will be causing the people you love.

Get help now, whilst you can still make that decision and have control enough to take help for yourself.

Im sorry if thats harsh, but I honestly feel its the truth. The truth is scary and sad, but this is your chance to change that. And I urge you to take it.

*hugs*

L_M_G is my mummy :) inkerman and razorbladedarling are my two non-identical twin sprogs (concieved on same day) Scabette< cos she has the cutest puppy dog eyes and i cant resist!feeling-afraid< my bottle of glitter!! which i just have to have :Pmidnight stars< my gorgeous sister, whom i love to bits ;) Dance With The Fairy< *star*gazing*buddie :] Broken-Fairy is my partner in crime ;) little_miss is my real life saviour PaperClip is my stationary queen

Old 04-04-2009, 12:55 AM   #8
emeraldeye

I am currently:

Not a lot to add that others haven't apart from sign yourself up for professional help, tell your doctor and get a psychologist referal from them AS SOON AS POSSIBLE, today even. That way you're committed, it's done. Trust me if I hadn't done that the day after I started, I would never have done it as the longer it goes on the longer I have to convince myself that it's not needed, it's not serious, and so on when it is needed and it is serious. Things are spiriling out of control for me, I'm cutting deeper and more often and I can guarentee if I hadn't already signed myself up for help I would never do it and, even if what others have said didn't happen, suicide would have. So take my advice, and all of ours, and get some professional help. Now you've started it can be nearly impossible (well not impossible if you're really strong and stubborn, but increadibly hard without helping the underlying causes) to stop without it so you need it.

Old 06-04-2009, 07:59 PM   #9
~Grace~

i need to do this again
i know this isnt the place to write this and im sorry
but how do i stop myself
its something i have to do and yet im so scared
im being told and yet i know its bad for me
but i have to

i need help.
where from

Old 06-04-2009, 08:08 PM   #10
surprising mystery

I am currently:

If your waiting for something to shock you into changing, I dont think its going to happen. You are in control right now and what it boils down to is; do you want to continue living like this. If the answer is no, take your way out; treatment.

You can only succeed if you try *hugs*

L_M_G is my mummy :) inkerman and razorbladedarling are my two non-identical twin sprogs (concieved on same day) Scabette< cos she has the cutest puppy dog eyes and i cant resist!feeling-afraid< my bottle of glitter!! which i just have to have :Pmidnight stars< my gorgeous sister, whom i love to bits ;) Dance With The Fairy< *star*gazing*buddie :] Broken-Fairy is my partner in crime ;) little_miss is my real life saviour PaperClip is my stationary queen

Old 06-04-2009, 08:09 PM   #11
Mad-Mad-World
Megan

I am currently:

I'm gonna be an unhelpful fuddy-duddy, and just point out that cutting =/= blood letting.

To be a more helpful fuddy-duddy, you should think about getting professional help. It can be scary, but also really helpful. I'd also advise posting on the SI or Mental Health boards.

I'm sorry... I fail at RYL...

Old 07-04-2009, 09:04 AM   #12
Animad

If you feel you really want to do it, we can't stop you. However, we can help with the reasons behind you doing this. The best thing to do is seek professional help and if you already have this then to make sure you tell them how you're feeling right now and why and seeing if this can help.

In the meantime it might be worth contacting the supporters and see if they can help but they aren't a replacement for professional help. Ringing up and just talking to a charity that deals with mental health problems/ giving out emotional support may also help. Unless you try and solve the reasons behind it I'm unsure you're going to improve, and you are risking making yourself worse if you start worrying about doing it.

Also, as said above, if you feel you need support feel free to make a thread on Self Injury Discussion/ Serious Discussion/ Vets Support and see if people can help with the emotional aspect which sounds like is really hard for you right now.

Old 07-04-2009, 09:09 AM   #13
Animad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad-Mad-World View Post
I'm gonna be an unhelpful fuddy-duddy, and just point out that cutting =/= blood letting.
And no one, as far as I can see said letting was cutting. Yes one poster has mentioned her own experience with regards to cutting but the same can be said, you start off just doing a little bit and it can worsen to become more serious. The advice I've seen is accurate with regards to letting and not necessarily cutting.

Old 07-04-2009, 01:50 PM   #14
~Grace~

Just wanted to say for posting on here last night.

To clarify...I do have professional support.
They dont know what to do with me
I did try the crisis team last night.
They were useless
In the end I told my hubby how bad I was.
I did end up letting
But i am ok

I will leave this thread to die now
Thank you for your help and support xx

Old 07-04-2009, 02:43 PM   #15
Mandimoo
Mummy!!

I am currently:

rowie, if you cannot accept help then tell your husband he needs to force it on you, sections - the lot.

you don't want to die, you just can't see any other way to end the chaos and bullying that you live with. i know the voices rule, but you have mini victories all the time - telling hubby was one of them. Ask your gp if oyu can see him everyday because overnight the infection or aneamia could become critical and i think you need seeing that often. Please print out some posts from your vets thread, they say what you may not be allowed to say. That way you're not saying it, you're just handing him a piece of paper, be crafty, hide it from the voices, sneak up on them from behind and then let the teams batter them into submission for you.

mand x

Mand, South Wales, Full-time working, single mother to 2 scarily independent girls.
I AM A PROUD PLUMERIA SISTER

Mand x

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)