RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-09-2014, 10:33 PM   #38301
Pomegranate
Petulant

I am currently:

That doesn't actually answer what I asked. I think working out the answers to that or at least considering why it's so difficult might also be helpful to you.

*Proud Plumeria Sister*

Pomegranate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 10:38 PM   #38302
frenchhorn
Oliver

but you said it wasn't fair of me to say, so I thought the best thing would be to delete it, and thought you wanted me to answer them away from the board so the topic of what I wrote wasn't continued, sorry.

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or studpidity. The grave will supply plenty of time for silence." Christopher Hitchens

'When words fail, music speaks'

I am transsexual and homoromantic and proud to be.

frenchhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 10:38 PM   #38303
fragile as glass
such a beautiful disaster

I am currently:

That was a wee bit harsh Pomegranite. Whilst we are all entitled to our opinions sometimes a wee bit of thought before replying to someone is needed. On the self harm forum people talk about how they have cut all the time.

I would have advised, and still do advise, Oliver to seek medical assistance as soon as possible and maybe take a friend for support.

I would also ask why he felt and feels that bad that he took an OD to cope.

Also at the end of his post he put down how he made cheese scones (a coping mechanism/positive behaviour) and was feeling a wee bit better.

Now I'm known to be blunt but recently have learnt that stopping to think can save a friendship, help a friendship to grow, help me communicate with my neighbours better, etc.

You have a point but making a person clam up won't help. I'm not taking sides, just showing a different perspective on your post.

GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CANNOT CHANGE
THE COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS I CAN
AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE

Don't let the sphincter's get you down

fragile as glass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 10:49 PM   #38304
Pomegranate
Petulant

I am currently:

Thanks for your input Liddy . Actually I did consider most of what you said and if it had been the first time I'd witnessed the behavior (and also the lack of effect 'poor you, seek medical advice' had then I wouldn't have said anything. I do genuinely believe that sometimes awareness of how others are effected by our actions is necessary and even helpful. And considering why we share that information whilst simultaneously not actively engaging with support can also be helpful.

I do apologise (sincerely) if I've caused any unfair upset with what I said though. That wasn't my intention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fragile as glass View Post
That was a wee bit harsh Pomegranite. Whilst we are all entitled to our opinions sometimes a wee bit of thought before replying to someone is needed. On the self harm forum people talk about how they have cut all the time.

I would have advised, and still do advise, Oliver to seek medical assistance as soon as possible and maybe take a friend for support.

I would also ask why he felt and feels that bad that he took an OD to cope.

Also at the end of his post he put down how he made cheese scones (a coping mechanism/positive behaviour) and was feeling a wee bit better.

Now I'm known to be blunt but recently have learnt that stopping to think can save a friendship, help a friendship to grow, help me communicate with my neighbours better, etc.

You have a point but making a person clam up won't help. I'm not taking sides, just showing a different perspective on your post.

*Proud Plumeria Sister*

Pomegranate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 10:53 PM   #38305
frenchhorn
Oliver

I'm sincerley sorry if I've upset anyone, I didn't mean to. I don't really understand what I did wrong, I was just trying to be honest and answer when someone asked how I was.

One thing Pomegranate though when you say 'if it had been the first time I had witnessed the behaviour' are you talking about me specifically, or in general on RYL?

sorry again everyone.

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or studpidity. The grave will supply plenty of time for silence." Christopher Hitchens

Old 08-09-2014, 11:03 PM   #38306
fragile as glass

I am currently:

I think there are people on RYL who thrive negatively on the poor me approach and others actually need someone to say I'm sorry you felt bad enough to do x, y, or z and do you want to talk.

Sometimes it's a relief to tell someone what you have done due to feelings of guilt or shame and some people lap up the attention. Sorry to talk about you in the third party Oliver but I feel I have known you long enough now that you will have your reasons for divulging what you did and I know you feel very isolated because of your fear of leaving your flat. This forum is a platform for you to mix with people, albeit online and you may have no-one 'real' to divulge things to.

Anyways Oliver I don't feel right talking about you so I am sending hugs your way *hugs*. Also I hope what I said about you was accurate. Do correct me if I'm wrong. I hope the crisis team can be of more help than a chocolate teapot this time! And please see your GP if you still feel unwell after the od xx

ps, Oliver, you haven't done anything wrong. xx

Old 08-09-2014, 11:15 PM   #38307
youonlyliveonce

I kniw when I used to disclose on here I kind if wanted Someone to give me a sympathetic ear but then a kick up the arse to get help as I was craving the taken care of feeling...

Other times I wanted p to know I was struggling but didn't kniw wat words to use

Old 08-09-2014, 11:18 PM   #38308
frenchhorn
Oliver

thank you Liddy, yeah you are pretty much right, I have my boyfriend in real life, but no one else I can talk to and a good online friend, but it can be hard to open up to her sometimes. There is no one else, except like you say on here.

I hope they are more helpful too, the woman who came round last time, was nice, but she did most of the talking, no idea who it will be coming round.

How are you Liddy? Are you feeling better, I remember you were ill with something, can't for the life of me remember specifically what it was though, sorry.

yeah I understand those reasons Cheryl, I'm not 100% sure why I said, except I was trying to be honest with how I had been as someone asked how I was.
how are you Cheryl?

Old 08-09-2014, 11:28 PM   #38309
youonlyliveonce

Ok it's been another roller coaster got a offer of my job interview for tomorrow so got two tomorrow now pooing myself over it

Manage to take 2/3 meds tonight friends r encouraging me I'm scared if them getting annoyed I gave tried

Seeing my friend Rach yest who in rehab for the non existent drink problem had messed with my head

But I'm going to see my god son for a week tomorrow which I'm looking forward to

Old 08-09-2014, 11:28 PM   #38310
fragile as glass

I am currently:

Never feel its wrong to be honest x

Old 08-09-2014, 11:36 PM   #38311
frenchhorn
Oliver

I'm sorry it has been a roller coaster, good luck for the job interviews.

Do you know why you are struggling to take your meds Cheryl?

I'm sorry seeing your friend has messed with your head, but I'm glad you get to see your god son.

Old 09-09-2014, 01:22 PM   #38312
Doikers
Louder Than God's Revolver and Twice as Shiny

I am currently:

Hows everyone today? Sorry I seem to have missed a chunk overnight :/

I'm still not comfortable in my skin and the anasthetic's slowly wearing thin - Otep
Everyones lost but me! - Indiana Jones

It's okay , they know me here .

Kahlia1981 is my adopted little sister :)

''Courage doesn't always roar , sometimes courage is that little voice at the end of the day that says I'll try again tomorrow"

Doikers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 09:47 AM   #38313
youonlyliveonce

Job interviews went really well thanks I got one job but second interview was amazing so just waiting to hear bk
I'm in Weston super mare now looking after my godson I love the little man

Old 10-09-2014, 12:25 PM   #38314
Doikers

I am currently:

That's great Cheryl , Congratulations!

I'm still not comfortable in my skin and the anasthetic's slowly wearing thin - Otep

''Courage doesn't always roar , sometimes courage is that little voice at the end of the day that says I'll try again tomorrow"

Old 10-09-2014, 07:03 PM   #38315
youonlyliveonce

I got the other job yay I'm coming off benefits

Old 10-09-2014, 07:06 PM   #38316
Doikers

I am currently:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TR3Vdo5etCQ

Old 10-09-2014, 07:07 PM   #38317
Doikers

I am currently:

*Glomps Cheryl*

Old 10-09-2014, 07:11 PM   #38318
youonlyliveonce

Great song :)

Old 10-09-2014, 07:51 PM   #38319
Doikers

I am currently:

worried aboult oliver and lucy and mason and others....

Old 10-09-2014, 09:27 PM   #38320
youonlyliveonce

Y are you worried

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)