RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 29-04-2016, 01:46 PM   #61
Serendipity.
fabulous.

I totally agree!

"I know you're sad, so I won't tell you to have a good day. Instead, I advise you to simply have a day.
Stay alive, feed yourself well, wear comfortable clothes, and don't give up on yourself just yet.
It'll get better. Until then, have a day."

Serendipity. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2016, 04:28 PM   #62
sherlock holmes
do you like my potato?

Try to remember that you will notice your appearance, weight etc a MILLION times more than anyone else. Yes, other people will look at you during the course of the day but its highly unlikely they scrutinise you the way you do yourself. I struggle a lot with how I look and other people told me what I'm telling you and it has helped! You have to remember that everyone else will also be wrapped up in their own lives with their own insecurities. Plus most people don't actually make such horrible judgements about others the way they do themselves. For example I look in the mirror and call myself fat, lazy, disgusting and so on. But if I see someone else my size, or bigger than me, I don't start thinking they are those things. Instead I notice how nice their hair is or how lovely their clothes are or even just annoyed they've taken the best seat on the bus. Losing weight is great for health reasons but please try take care of yourself too, be kind and tell yourself nice things :) like how strong your body is when you exercise. Look in the mirror and find something you like and say it out loud!

I re-scheduled the aqua class as I wasn't feeling well yesterday. It's now on tuesday!

Hope you have fun at the gym Beckie and take it easy.

Isn’t it funny how day by day nothing changes but when you look back, everything is different…

you once called your brain a hard drive, well say hello to the virus.

sherlock holmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2016, 05:18 PM   #63
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

Very well said Sarah! Totally agree.

Thanks. I went for a bit today until the pain got too bad. Will go again tomorrow. But I'm not going to push myself too hard and I'll try not to feel too guilty about not doing as much as usual!

I'm fine! Totally fine. I don't know why it's coming out all loud and squeaky, 'cause really, I'm fine!

Who else is fine?!?!?

Cacoethes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2016, 08:21 PM   #64
Serendipity.
fabulous.

Beckie are you definitely giving yourself enough days off the gym? I'm glad you're not pushing yourself too hard though!

Thanks Sarah. All that is true and I do need to keep reminding myself of these things!

I lost some weight while on holiday. Not loads but still a start! I think I just eat more than I should at home out of habit / boredom so I need to stop doing that.

"I know you're sad, so I won't tell you to have a good day. Instead, I advise you to simply have a day.
Stay alive, feed yourself well, wear comfortable clothes, and don't give up on yourself just yet.

Old 30-04-2016, 08:31 PM   #65
sherlock holmes
do you like my potato?

Yeah Beckie you need days off from exercising to allow your body to repair itself! Even normal exercise causes little tears in your muscles that get repaired but if you don't have any days when you have a rest it can cause injury. I try to go to the gym a couple of times a week but always have at least one full day in between when I don't go at all.

Isn’t it funny how day by day nothing changes but when you look back, everything is different…

Old 30-04-2016, 08:41 PM   #66
random.swirls
Head forum moderator

I am currently:

I need to get healthy as I think next week I'll be diagnosed with pre diabetes.

I've started seeing a dietician and I have some goals but I am finding them so hard to stick to yet I desperately need to lose weight.

When we lose twenty pounds... we may be losing the twenty best pounds we have! We may be losing the pounds that contain our genius, our humanity, our love and honesty. ~Woody Allen
Is a chocolate muffin loving glitter ball

random.swirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2016, 08:43 PM   #67
Serendipity.
fabulous.

Hey Cam!

Seeing a dietician sounds good, I really hope it's helpful :)

Old 30-04-2016, 09:20 PM   #68
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

I don't usually give myself days off the gym. But I think i'm going to have to start having breaks in between days.

Well done for losing some weight Hannah! Any amount is certainly a step forward!

Hi Cam! What are you finding difficult about it?

I'm fine! Totally fine. I don't know why it's coming out all loud and squeaky, 'cause really, I'm fine!

Who else is fine?!?!?

Old 30-04-2016, 09:21 PM   #69
Serendipity.
fabulous.

Thanks Beckie :)

You should definitely give yourself days off! Could you try maybe going to the gym one day and then just a gentle walk or something the next day so you're keeping active but not pushing yourself too hard?

Old 30-04-2016, 10:50 PM   #70
HopeRises

beckie, I definitely suggest a rest day if possible (and I am a qualified personal trainer) but I also understand how hard that can be aswell so if it is difficult could you break down your routine so for example:
Day 1: cardio
Day 2:core strength
Day 3: legs
Day 4:arms /chest/back
And then repeat. This way you are resting each muscle group so limit injury.

Could you get a training session at the gym with an instructor to build a program? Most gyms do this free of charge.
Rest days are alway good though.

Those of you on slimming world who are struggling with binging I wonder if you could eat lots of 'free food' and 'speed food' instead of binging on syns. This will help you feel fuller for longer and it doesn't matter how much you eat. BUT also I would try and address the need to binge as well. Do you feel able to speak to your consultant about it? Also, do you stay for image therapy because I always find that helps me and I know 90% of the group have been in the same position at some point.

Life can be beautiful if you let it.
Step back, breathe and take it in

HopeRises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2016, 11:37 PM   #71
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

I'll try and take a rest day. I usually need to go into town most days so that's a 10-15 minute walk there and back and I walk quite quickly so I suppose that counts!

I have 2 programs the gym to alternate them. It kind of mixes a bit of everything. I much prefer the first one though so barely do the second program.

I'm not with slimming world officially but I do know some of the free foods and eat quite a lot of them!

Who else is fine?!?!?

Old 01-05-2016, 12:13 AM   #72
Serendipity.
fabulous.

I'm joining slimming world on weds. I am nervous though because it's a scary new thing :P

Old 01-05-2016, 09:16 AM   #73
sherlock holmes
do you like my potato?

Slimming world is great if you are able to stick to it (whereas I seem to sabotage it every time I try by binging)! I hope it helps you :)

Beckie I'm sorry for commenting here on something you've written on your RV but it's kind of relevant- I see you've missed your clozapine because you don't like the fact you can't lose weight while on it. I'm sure you don't need me to tell you what a bad idea that is. Clozapine so far has been the only medication to get rid of the spirits to such an extent you've been out of hospital and doing SO WELL (like really you've been doing amazingly) and not taking your meds will jeapordise that. You are going to be doing your GCSEs and then looking at uni and if you get ill again with those cycles of being in and out of hospital on section then it will be near impossible to do that. I'll stop preaching! But please, take your meds. What is better- having a bit more weight than you'd like but being stable and out of hospital building your life, or losing weight but being ill and losing insight and in hospital all the time?

Hope it goes well Cam! If you don't mind me asking what symptoms did you have? As I am always worried about diabetes considering my diet is awful and most of my weight is around my stomach which can be a bad thing where type 2 diabetes is concerned as it elevates the risk massively.

Old 01-05-2016, 12:08 PM   #74
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

I know Sarah. I've taken it this morning and plan to keep taking it. I had a frowny PM from Hannah about it as well :p
You're both right. It's not worth getting unwell over.

Who else is fine?!?!?

Old 01-05-2016, 12:36 PM   #75
sherlock holmes
do you like my potato?

Frowny :p

I'm glad! Good decision.

Old 01-05-2016, 01:01 PM   #76
The Worst Witch

I am currently:

I think I need to join in with this. I have a friend I go to the gym with because I feel self-conscious going on my own, but I think I'll have to start as she doesn't really seem that bothered/is tired after work and things. Also, my mum has been commenting on my weight and my eating habits. Does anyone else find it difficult to eat properly while at work? I often don't get a break because I work supply shifts, so I end up eating whatever the kids are having which is usually healthy but it screws up my eating patterns. If I am doing a shift that incorporates a break, I often have to eat my lunch at 11/11.30 ish and it just doesn't work!

The Worst Witch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 07:06 PM   #77
Serendipity.
fabulous.

Glad you're being sensible Beckie! Well done :) (sorry, that sounds really patronising, it wasn't meant to be!)

Mildred, I know going to the gym alone can be daunting, but it gets easier after you do it a couple of times. I often end up having breaks at odd times, I am rubbish at planning meals properly as well!

Old 01-05-2016, 08:09 PM   #78
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

Haha! Thanks Hannah :)

Going to the gym alone is certainly anxiety provoking. But like Hannah said, it does get easier.
Everyone at the gym is concentrating on their own stuff and once you get into it, you'll probably forget about all the other people there. I do anyway,once I've settled on a machine and plugged in my earphones I go into my own little world!

Who else is fine?!?!?

Old 02-05-2016, 08:12 PM   #79
random.swirls
Head forum moderator

I am currently:

I didn't have symptoms it showed on a blood test!

I think I'm struggling due to life meaning it's been hard to fully stick to it!

I've tried to be good the last few days

When we lose twenty pounds... we may be losing the twenty best pounds we have! We may be losing the pounds that contain our genius, our humanity, our love and honesty. ~Woody Allen
Is a chocolate muffin loving glitter ball

random.swirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 08:53 PM   #80
Serendipity.
fabulous.

How's it going Cam? Trying to be good is good!

I'm finding it hard too. I have had a shocking day, I haven't eaten a single healthy thing! I really need to be more organised I think.

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)