RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-08-2012, 06:16 AM   #1
BonBon
And you bleed just to know you're alive

I am currently:
could I ask him that?

I've been 3 months free on august 1st, and feeling pretty good overall.

But one problem that seems to persist is people's constant questions. For somereason my scars never faded, not even at all, so its still veeery obvious, I think.
My aunt (who does notknow) asked very bluntly what it was on friday (my birthday...yay, hows that for a nice reminder...) and a friend who's older brother I'm very close with keeps asking, although she's a quite young 13, so I don't think she's guessed this.
Anyways, my question is do you think it would make her brother (who does know about my SH and has been super supportive to me and everything) uncomfortable if I asked him to ask her to stop asking, and just say its an uncomfortable thing for me? Would that make hi m feel uncomfortable? ause I just really don't wantto make more excuses to her.
thanks,
b

BonBon is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Hugs Given By :
Old 07-08-2012, 01:26 AM   #2
Tig

Hey,

Firstly congratulations on being three months free, that's a fantastic achievement!

I'm sorry so many people continue to ask you about your scars. I have a lot of scars too but thankfully most people have come to accept them with me.
It sounds as if your friend (the brother) has been very supportive throughout everything you have been through and I don't think it would be putting him in a difficult position to tell him about how his little sister is making you feel. The chances are she isn't aware of how uncomfortable it makes you feel which is understandable at the age of 13 so hopefully if her brother has a kind word with her, it might stop her asking too much? I'm sure he will understand as well.

Good luck :) x

Tig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 05:26 AM   #3
Cryptic.
If at first you don't succeed, try try try again.

I am currently:

As Tig said above, I don't think it'd be putting him in a difficult position to tell him how you're feeling with his sister, and to ask if he could have a little word with her and ask her to stop, he sounds like an understanding person, so I'm sure he'd understand this, too.

x

In a world where you can be anything, be yourself.

Cryptic. is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)