RYL Forums

Forum Jump

Old 27-04-2009, 07:04 PM   #1
brokendancer

I am currently:
Eating Disorder - 2 things....possibly need sorting soon

1. my stomarch keeps swelling to several times its normal size...i look about 7 or 8 months pregnant....this inst good...could his be realted to mu urging/laxitive ods

2. i know i shouldnt purge, and that thats probs teh oly way to stop this but i kinda want it explaining....or to know if anyone else has a clue what it may be.....i turn blue when i purge, like my face and neck are blue...like when little kids put elstic bands round their finger an dit turns blue....his happens to my face and neck...what teh hell is going on

any repkys are appriciated totally :P

We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.

2 Hugs Given By :
Old 27-04-2009, 09:17 PM   #2
Bitter_Angel
*First Aid Advisor*

I am currently:

Ok firstly you turn blue because you are cutting off your oxygen and blood supply to that area as you purge.

Secondly, you will bloat as when you purge you swallow a lot of air which turns to gas an makes your stomach bloat. You could try some stuff like atimel to help with the bloating but the best optino is to not purge.

Eva. Gone, but never forgotten 27.3.10

Old 28-04-2009, 07:33 AM   #3
brokendancer

I am currently:

ok...its just i tend to swell the most when ive eaten but not purged....my freinds liek to sit on me and tuff to stop me....otherwise i would have just accepted it as to do with the purging

We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.

Old 28-04-2009, 12:02 PM   #4
sobriquet
Alison

I am currently:

It may be an effect from your stomach not being used to holding food in for any length of time. Are you 'releasing gas' normally (burping and farting)? I'm not an expert or anything but maybe your body hasn't got out of the habit of releasing that gas properly and needs to relearn it. It may also be that if you're quite underweight, the amount your stomach normally swells when you eat is more noticeable because of the lack of normal body fat etc that makes it less obvious in other people.

If it doesn't stop happening and it's causing you pain/discomfort, maybe it would be worth asking a Dr about.

7th July 2007

Hope is the feeling you have, that the feeling you have isn't permanent. (Jean Kerr)

Old 28-04-2009, 07:00 PM   #5
Animad

Laxatives can also cause you to bloat and if you abuse laxatives it makes you more prone to develop a condition of your intestines, Inflammatory Bowel Disease, along with other problem so this is probably the reason for this. If you are getting pain too/ episodes of diarrhoea and constipation it would be a good idea to see a doctor. Also, if this is happening as a result of your laxative abuse I would urge you to talk to your doctor about this and try and see if they'll help you (emotionally and physically) to come off them as they do nothing but damage your body, however, ultimately it is your decision whether you want to come off them or not.

Old 30-04-2009, 12:48 AM   #6
idontwantnomorescars

I am currently:

im no medical expert and i dont have an eating disorder but my stomach also bloats like yours after i've eaten. i have just been diagnosed with having celiac disease which can make your stomach bloat when you eat foods contaning gluten (which is most foods) maybe look into celiac disease, there is no definite reason why you get it but some people think that it can be brought on by stress.celiac is an intolerance to gluten.

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)