RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 12-10-2012, 12:04 AM   #261
sapphire hearts
Maybe it's too late to live and feel safe

I am currently:

*hugs Emily* things are bad right now, but they will get better. PM me if you want to talk hun.

*hugs Katie* flashbacks are awful hun, I'm having the same issue. I wish I had better advice, but I don't - just wanted you to know you're not alone.

Ask me mistakes I have made
Ask me whether what I have done is my life

Others have come, in their slow way -
And some have come to help, or to hurt -

Ask me what difference
Their strongest love or hate has made.

sapphire hearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:52 AM   #262
Tig

Hugs for all. It sounds as if we are all having a really tough time right now.

xx

Tig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:24 AM   #263
sapphire hearts

I am currently:

Tig - so right. We need to band together to support each other, especially those of us who don't have much support face-to-face. Things are rough, but I know everyone here can get through this, and if anyone wants to PM me, please please do. I'm always here to talk, even if I can't offer as much as I'd like.

Everyone take care *massive safe hugs*

xxx

Ask me what difference

Old 12-10-2012, 01:30 AM   #264
Tig

Same here :) It's good to know that we at least aren't alone as we all have each other here. x

Old 13-10-2012, 05:04 AM   #265
sapphire hearts

I am currently:

Really struggling right now - flashbacks are hitting me so hard. The sad thing is, there were so many like experiences that I don't even know which flashback is which. I'm terrified, all the time, and I feel so alone.

Last edited by sapphire hearts : 13-10-2012 at 05:19 AM.

Ask me what difference

Old 13-10-2012, 06:25 AM   #266
ratboy75
Tigger says it's time to bounce!

I am currently:

You're not alone sapphire, always here.

*hugs*

ratboy75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2012, 10:33 AM   #267
_wendy_
meaningless

I am currently:

anyone feel so scared when they are alone. find that the flashbacks/voices/edginess is so much more intense when alone. i hate it, i get so scared when alone. but, at the same time, dont want to be around people.

Qualified Peer Support Worker (2017)

current mental health diagnoses: depression, PTSD, GAD, self harm, bpd

current meds (as at Feb 2017): , thyroxine, metformin, iron, b12, vit d, atenolol, Butec, Naproxen, Nefopam, Lanzoprazole, Bupropion, quetiapine (prn)

_wendy_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2012, 11:02 AM   #268
Tig

*Hugs Saphire* I can relate to that a lot. It is hard to keep a sense of the world when that is happening to you. We are here for you lovely <3

*Hugs Wendy* I live on my own so I guess it is different because I don't really know most the time what it's like to be with others but if I do go and stay away with people, it seems less intense.

Old 13-10-2012, 12:55 PM   #269
sapphire hearts

I am currently:

*hugs Lottie* thanks sweetheart. It's just so hard to remember when I'm avoiding people who could find out how f*cked I am at the moment. I just want this to stop. I don't want to end up doing something stupid.

*hugs Wendy* I know the not wanting to be around people - I'm getting that a lot right now. When flashbacks are making you feel unsafe it's hard to remember that not everyone is a danger.

Ask me what difference

Old 13-10-2012, 07:23 PM   #270
when.will.it.end
{Katie}

I am currently:

*hugs everyone* sorry people are struggling

Question: does anyone get 'flashbacks' of things that haven't happened but variations of what did happen? If that makes sense.

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful,
committed citizens can change the world;
its the only thing that ever does.

when.will.it.end is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2012, 11:33 PM   #271
foxfly
little skinless

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by when.will.it.end View Post
*hugs everyone* sorry people are struggling

Question: does anyone get 'flashbacks' of things that haven't happened but variations of what did happen? If that makes sense.
Yes, this happens to me often. I flashback to variations of things that have happened--sometimes it's the event but the people there are not the same people, or it's the right person/people but it's happening at different times or places. I find it distressing because it makes me doubt myself and I wonder why my brain mixes things up like this. My old therapist suggested it was my mind trying to process what happened to me in different ways.

Sit on my finger, sing in my ear, O littleblood.

foxfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2012, 06:00 AM   #272
PaleMoon

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxfly View Post
Yes, this happens to me often. I flashback to variations of things that have happened--sometimes it's the event but the people there are not the same people, or it's the right person/people but it's happening at different times or places. I find it distressing because it makes me doubt myself and I wonder why my brain mixes things up like this. My old therapist suggested it was my mind trying to process what happened to me in different ways.
Yes, this apparently isn't unusual. I have flashbacks in which the essential emotions (fear, horror, helpelessness, etc.) are the same, but the actual event never happened.

My name is Matt, and I am a boy. Feel free to PM me :)

I have learned that the world is not a safe place. Not at all. But there are so many people who love me and want to keep me safe. And that is enough.

PaleMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2012, 08:27 AM   #273
dodd180

I am currently:

hi all, ive just found this thread. my life is ruined by this the slightest smell noise or place , send me into overload flashbacks where i am actually reliving the horrors , im so trapped lost and confused , ive been a heroin and crack user for 20 years and have always been using drugs to avoid this issue , now im clean of smack and crack (5years) but am now hiding behind reacreational drugs ,, i know it sounds sad but im set in my ways .the only time i get a break from my brain (i could rip my own out at times its just relentless .. if the drugs dont kill me first not bieng able to deal with this will >< thanx for the posts at least i know im not alone >well till i stop typing > i jus want some peace in my head it feels like its been taken over by sheer evil . ok im gonna shut up now : + (((((
please dont give me the "its the drugs" i take drugs for a rrason not becouase i choose to .

Last edited by dodd180 : 14-10-2012 at 08:29 AM. Reason: memo
dodd180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2012, 04:23 AM   #274
Tig

Hey Dodd,

Welcome to the thread. I'm sorry things are hard for you, and I'm not going to tell you "it's the drugs" because nobody has a right to judge you. As you said, and I think a lot of people will be able to relate, you do it because right now it is the only way you can survive. Of course I'm not saying it's healthy but I do understand that sometimes we do resort to things that aren't healthy to help us manage as best we can.

PTSD is so damn scary with the feeling lost, trapped and confused. I can empathise a lot, and it's distressing when the smallest things send us in to a spiral of flashbacks etc.

I'm sorry, I don't know what to say because I'm struggling a lot with this myself at the moment but I wanted you to know I'm here for you and not judging.

Old 15-10-2012, 03:45 PM   #275
risenfromperdition
you are loved and beautiful :)

*curls up near katie*
last night was well rough :(

“The good things don’t always soften the bad, but vice-versa, the bad things don’t necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant.”
“Nobody important? Blimey, that’s amazing. Do you know, in nine hundred years of time and space I’ve never met anyone who wasn’t important before.”
“If it’s time to go, remember what you’re leaving. Remember the best. My friends have always been the best of me.”

risenfromperdition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2012, 12:05 PM   #276
SavingGrace
Sliding back down the rabbit hole

I am currently:

So I too shall introduce myself in this thread,

I'm Bee, 20, and apparently I have "complex" PTSD, diagnosed ages ago. Flashbacks haven't been a real issue for me up until a couple of months ago, but they are all of a sudden in full swing. I have a multitude of other things that point to ptsd but I still deny it for some reason.

Anyway, I shall shut well up now.
But Hi.

From Nymph to Dragonfly, I know my place.

Call me Bee. =) Like it or Lump it.

‘Cause the passion and pain are gonna keep you alive someday

SavingGrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2012, 06:40 PM   #277
artichokeheart

I am currently:

Hi, hope you're all doing okay. <3

I actually just got diagnosed with this yesterday which is a bit completely terrifying tbh. Psychiatrist wants to put me on a focussed 20-wk therapy specifically for PTSD type issues, but this hasn't been finalized yet so may or may not happen what with waiting lists and all.

It's all quite daunting because she says I repress a lot so I'm not sure quite what would come out during therapy, considering I point blank cannot remember vast periods of time in my past.

Eek really scared, can't find it to tell anyone either >.<

oh, isn't it time you got over, how fragile you are?
we're all waiting, waiting on your supernova
because that's who you are,
and you've only begun to shine.

Feel free to PM anytime. x

artichokeheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2012, 02:10 PM   #278
*fallenangel*
If u want the Rainbow,u gotta put up with the Rain

I am currently:

Sapphire hearts...thanks for your take on the anger thing. It does make sense what you said, I agree. I always think if I can understand the 'why' something happens I should be able to stop it, but on this one I cant! My mum gets really annoyed with me about it cos she says shes scared to go out with me cos she never knows when, where or who I will flip out at. But if I percieve someone as picking a fight with me, I feel like I have to fight back, because I refuse to be rendered helpless in any situation again. Hoping time might fix it.
I know what you mean about triggers at uni. Happened to me the other day too. Its difficult because in that kind of situation you cant turn the discussion in a different direction like you can with just friends, and if you get up and walk out its obvious too, so its difficult. I feel for you!

Emilythestrange... that must of been really difficult, Id of really struggled if my therapist didnt see me for a couple of weeks in the middle of treatment, I struggled if we missed just one week. I hope things are a bit better now?

Hugs to all x

'Where did I go wrong
My life's a bargain basement, all the good shits gone
I just can't hold a job, Where do I belong
Sleeping in my car, my dreams move on'

*fallenangel* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2012, 02:19 PM   #279
*fallenangel*
If u want the Rainbow,u gotta put up with the Rain

I am currently:

Sapphire hearts...thanks for your take on the anger thing. It does make sense what you said, I agree. I always think if I can understand the 'why' something happens I should be able to stop it, but on this one I cant! My mum gets really annoyed with me about it cos she says shes scared to go out with me cos she never knows when, where or who I will flip out at. But if I percieve someone as picking a fight with me, I feel like I have to fight back, because I refuse to be rendered helpless in any situation again. Hoping time might fix it.
I know what you mean about triggers at uni. Happened to me the other day too. Its difficult because in that kind of situation you cant turn the discussion in a different direction like you can with just friends, and if you get up and walk out its obvious too, so its difficult. I feel for you!

Emilythestrange... that must of been really difficult, Id of really struggled if my therapist didnt see me for a couple of weeks in the middle of treatment, I struggled if we missed just one week. I hope things are a bit better now?

Hugs to all x

'Where did I go wrong
My life's a bargain basement, all the good shits gone
I just can't hold a job, Where do I belong
Sleeping in my car, my dreams move on'

*fallenangel* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2012, 11:37 AM   #280
Kittyenna
Pacify her, she's getting on my nerves

I am currently:

Flashbacks just Wont stop, they just changed me to sertraline, they said it would help the flashbacks, it hasn't. :'(

Hush, little baby, drink your spoiled milk
I'm crazy, need my prescription filled
Do you like my cookies? They're made just for you
A little bit of sugar, but lots of poison, too

Kittyenna is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)