RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 24-06-2013, 10:10 PM   #21
[Luna]

I found it hard to watch because it brought back a lot of memories. I'm glad I watched it though, it was done well.

Let us go then you and I, when the evening is spread out against the sky, like a patient etherized upon a table
- T.S. Elliot

[Luna] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2013, 10:16 PM   #22
Nave

I am currently:

I was very impressed with how it was portrayed.
Fran is an amazing director, and producer so i didnt think it would be anything less. She gets to know the people she is working with protrays them how they really are. I say this because i have been part of a doctumentry she made about me and my partner at the time just over a year ago.

I agree thre could of been more male influence.

You see things. You understand. You're a wallflower.

Nave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2013, 06:16 AM   #23
Revival

This looks really interesting, but being an Aussie I can't see it (that link only works for those in the UK apparently). Does anyone know of anywhere else I could find it?

Revival is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2013, 06:42 AM   #24
when.will.it.end
{Katie}

I am currently:

it's on BBC Iplayer

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful,
committed citizens can change the world;
its the only thing that ever does.

when.will.it.end is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2013, 08:02 AM   #25
ASkatersDream...

I am currently:

Thought it was reAlly good hope the girls are ok as they can be now

Believe <3

ASkatersDream... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2013, 08:15 AM   #26
Buttons.
Never knowing...a helping hand or hell to pay?

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LavaLamp. View Post
I found it hard to watch because it brought back a lot of memories. I'm glad I watched it though, it was done well.
This.

'Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you.'

['There is only one thing we say to death. Not today'.']

'We are each our own devil, and we make this world our hell.’ – Oscar Wilde
‘It’s hard to dance with the devil on your back.’ Sydney Carter

Buttons. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2013, 09:53 AM   #27
fuzzy_sweets

I am currently:

I watched it and found it triggering in places. It was interesting and made me thankful that iv never been that poorly to need to go to hospital x.

fuzzy_sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2013, 01:53 PM   #28
sherlock holmes
do you like my potato?

I found it hard to watch as the panic alarms kept making me panic (bad memories from being in hospital) but overall I thought it was a good programme. Interested for the next 2 episodes.

Isn’t it funny how day by day nothing changes but when you look back, everything is different…

you once called your brain a hard drive, well say hello to the virus.

sherlock holmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2013, 02:00 PM   #29
crazykat
Fight for another day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revival View Post
This looks really interesting, but being an Aussie I can't see it (that link only works for those in the UK apparently). Does anyone know of anywhere else I could find it?
Yeah I can't view it either as the link only works for those in the UK

"Recovery is something that you have to work
on every single day and it's
something that doesn't
get a day off."

crazykat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2013, 02:42 PM   #30
Bleeding Angel
This is my story, and your not part of it...

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretmonster View Post
I'm recording it but I would like to say again it would be good to see something (particularly in reference t self harm) about people who are 20+
So would i, but the bbc targets younger people so i think its mostly going to be about that age group.

"Its not how long a star shines, what is remembered is the brightness of the light"

Bleeding Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2013, 03:04 PM   #31
not_so_insig
It's Bouquet! B-U-C-K-E-T!

I am currently:

I enjoyed it but it made me sad. Sad because I didn't get any professional help other than counseling during my teens. If I had some help then maybe my life wouldn't have been as bad as it was.

I found the SI really triggering. I was pissed off before watching it so I didn't need it. Thankfully I didn't SI.

Wannabe CPN : -)
"He who is tired of Weird Al is tired of life." - Homer Simpson
"I hear those voices that will not be drowned"
Sanity is a nasty disease. The world would be a happier place without it. - Rilic
RIP Kat 4th July 1987- 11th June 2013

not_so_insig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2013, 03:12 PM   #32
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

I quite liked it.
Although can't help but think it should have been filmed at a couple of the units I was in.
For entertainment value, at least, it would have been better :p

I'm fine! Totally fine. I don't know why it's coming out all loud and squeaky, 'cause really, I'm fine!

Who else is fine?!?!?

Cacoethes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2013, 03:16 PM   #33
[pretty on the inside]

I am currently:

I just watched it today on iplayer. Interesting stuff, although pretty triggering in places.

xKaylx

[pretty on the inside] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2013, 04:08 PM   #34
nowhereman

I am currently:

I set it to record but it didn't for some reason and I player won't work cos I'm not in uk. Any other way to watch it?

nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2013, 04:27 PM   #35
Shrink

I am currently:

Just watched it. Really triggered now.

Shrink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2013, 04:32 PM   #36
fragile as glass
such a beautiful disaster

I am currently:

I watched it and found it very interesting (there are 6 episodes in total - the UK has only shown one so far) I do think it would have been good to show a couple of different adolescent psych units through the series and not just the McGuinnes (sp) centre as the viewpoint seemed to come form an inner city viewpoint (but that's only my opinion). It brought back a lot of memories as I was IP permanently from 15-23 then from the age of 25 to now i've been in and out of adult psych (now I'm 31).

I can't wait for someone to pick up on adult psych issues esp ED's and SH. Embarrassingly my dad works on a self harm support site on the internet as he has a doctorate in psychotherapy and he acts as one of the supporters on the site. But yes it's for young people. Grrrrr!

GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CANNOT CHANGE
THE COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS I CAN
AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE

Don't let the sphincter's get you down

fragile as glass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2013, 04:43 PM   #37
cloudedmind

I am currently:

I thought it was good - it showed some of the good and bad, and seemed a fairly good portrayal, even after one episode - although i do agree it was very triggering.

cloudedmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2013, 04:46 PM   #38
Tig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cacoethes View Post
I quite liked it.
Although can't help but think it should have been filmed at a couple of the units I was in.
For entertainment value, at least, it would have been better :p
Lol Beckie, I actually thought the same with mine because where I was, seemed to be geared towards people even more unwell than those at the unit they filmed at.

To be honest, I did find the documentary interesting but I worry a lot for the young people in it. I think it's great at their age to think you want to be in something like that because had it been requested of me when I was in the adolescent unit, I would have been fine with it but I am so, so pleased now that nothing was filmed of me back then!

I guess what I feel is that at some point, they are going to recover (hopefully), and they are going to go on to have families etc but these stories are going to be out there for all to see. With some of the patients I don't think this is a problem because nothing was embarrassing or whatever but I have to say, at times I feel I probably acted a bit like Gill did, and I have changed so much from them. I would be really hurt now to see footage of myself like that, and to know that my kids could.

I don't know though. I feel by saying all this I'm saying that mental health is something to be embarrassed about and I don't think people should be but in such a public domain it's something you never get to take back from an incredibly sensitive time.

Tig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2013, 04:53 PM   #39
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

Was the same at mine Lottie. But I suppose if they had seriously unwell patients being filmed, it would take away the point of the programme, because I doubt people would listen to the 'i'm not crazy' message if people were acting like how I did back in the day!

I'm fine! Totally fine. I don't know why it's coming out all loud and squeaky, 'cause really, I'm fine!

Who else is fine?!?!?

Cacoethes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2013, 04:54 PM   #40
The Stolen One
Caz

I am currently:

I thought it was interesting, and done better than I thought it would be! I guess all of the episodes are going to be potential triggers for everyone, so be aware.
I do think it could be positive towards the mental health stigma, if people now aware watched then they might realise how it all works and get a better idea of everything.

There will always be a happy ending. If its not happy then its not yet the end.
Spongebob

The Stolen One is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)