RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 16-04-2010, 07:19 PM   #21
~phoenix~
I have become comfortably numb

I am currently:

Hi, thanks for someone starting this! It's been a long time coming.

Anyway, I've had dermatillomania as long as I can remember, and my social worker made reference to it in a report when I was 18 months old. I also suffer from trichotillomania, wondering if anyone else suffers the same combination?

I've never been able to stop, but hope to. One day, I'll get there...

Shine on, you crazy diamond

~phoenix~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2010, 09:31 PM   #22
dark faery princess
*~Ellie~*

I am currently:

Hey everyone!

Howa u Cheryl? I've got university exams too :( What uni do you go to? I'll defo remember aquaphor in the future, but I'm hoping not to need it again!

Hmm picking in your sleep must be a tough one, could you maybe were gloves in bed? I have a friend that does that otherwise she scratches her eczema too much.

I've not picked anymore at all today so quite proud of myself atm!! I'm gonna try this new stuff called ginvera green tea marvel gel. Apparently it gets rid of dead skin and blackheads! Sounds pretty good to me. And I might try a microdermabrasion type thing that you can do at home. Any of you guys tried any thing like that?

Phoenix, I don't have trich as well, but I've heard it's pretty common as the two are very similar.

We'll all get there some day! x

And you're my obsession, I love you to the bones...

maybe it's time to get over it now...

dark faery princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2010, 12:44 AM   #23
CrazyAboutMonkeys

I am currently:

I don't need wear a gloves because my hand are sensitives weird I know but I can sleep better then the picking. I wouldn't worry about it though:).

Ysy!..You go girl! you will do it again tomorrow for sure:)

CrazyAboutMonkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2010, 01:31 PM   #24
Intaytia

I am currently:

I'm quite annoyed today, because it's lovely and sunny, and I'm sat inside wearing a long-sleeved top. I'd love to go out, but I get hot really easily, so this top will be no use.

Today, I've decided I'm only going to use my big mirror to get ready (I usually sit with a pocket mirror and pick at my face). It will be more difficult to see 'stuff' in a bigger mirror as a can't walk right up close to it.

I'm also going to stick little notes to my mirror. One which tells Dermatillomania to F off - with a picture of the sun, to remind me why I want to stop, and another to tell me I'm beautiful and that I don't need Dermatillomania.

Let's see how that goes, eh?

I really want to be completely clear by October when I go to uni, but I'd like to be mainly free by July 2nd when we have the Leavers' Ball and the Summer really begins.

Well done to everyone who's managed it recude their picking - we can do it!

Intaytia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2010, 03:43 PM   #25
hirple.
before last night my heart was grey.

Hey everyone :)

Thanks for all the replies, it's so nice knowing that 'you're not the only one'.

Justine: I think you're taking some massively positive steps right there :) You really are beautiful, and you can do without it, we're all here to remind you of that too! Best of luck! Having targets is also a great idea.

Hope everyone's okay! You can do it :)

There are remarkable things all the time, right in front of us,
but our eyes have like the clouds over the sun
and our lives are paler and poorer if we do not
see them for what they are. If nobody speaks of
remarkable things, how can they be called remarkable?"
Imperfect.Star and _Mish_ :)

hirple. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2010, 03:27 PM   #26
dark faery princess
*~Ellie~*

I am currently:

Hey guys,

Hope everyone is ok. Just wanted to check in here and seehow everyone is. I'm still working on the reduced picking. Everyday there is minimal picking, but usually with not much to no damage. Had a bit of a mare today and had blackhead issues, but usually I'd squeeze excessively everyday. I haven't squeezed loads in at least a week (since trying to stop properly), but also a bit longer from my 'reduce picking damage' phase. lol

Ah well, I feel better for it now, and feel I can carry on with my reduced picking now that I don't have disgustungness in my face! How is everyone else doing? I've been listening to a stop skin picking hypnotic download at night, so am hoping thats getting through!

Clear skin *hugs* to you all
x

Old 19-04-2010, 03:32 PM   #27
dark faery princess
*~Ellie~*

I am currently:

Also, sorry Tallulah, I meant to say that I think putting notes on you mirror is a really good idea! Is it working? I'm in my last year of uni and a lot of my pictures are ruined with horrendous patches of scabs on my face! I want to have clear skin for my last couple of weeks and get some nice pics lol. What are you going to study? Is the long sleeved top because of dtm or SI?

Hopefully we will all get our time in the sun!!

Also, just realised we have exactly the same date that we want to be clear by! July 2nd is my 21st. COME ON WE CAN ALL DO THIS!!!

x

Old 19-04-2010, 07:21 PM   #28
CrazyAboutMonkeys

I am currently:

Thank god for my healing wounds so no bleeding so that makes for +2 spots expect my back is not healing yet but it should healing soon before next month or so...

My left leg are coming out as a scabs yuck!..I couldn't reisit it but I did it! I never touched it on my leg since I was in a teenager!:)

Hmpph..there is no sun for two days til today..I wants the sun back so I can be happy go lucky all the time but oh well, I can be happy for now:)..

I hope everyone are doing so well for your pickings

Old 19-04-2010, 10:03 PM   #29
Intaytia

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark faery princess View Post
Also, sorry Tallulah, I meant to say that I think putting notes on you mirror is a really good idea! Is it working? I'm in my last year of uni and a lot of my pictures are ruined with horrendous patches of scabs on my face! I want to have clear skin for my last couple of weeks and get some nice pics lol. What are you going to study? Is the long sleeved top because of dtm or SI?

Hopefully we will all get our time in the sun!!

Also, just realised we have exactly the same date that we want to be clear by! July 2nd is my 21st. COME ON WE CAN ALL DO THIS!!!

x
Don't worry. I get my own reply =']
I think my idea was good in theory, I've not actually started it yet because I'm a huge procrastinator. Although, I didn't use my pocket mirror to do my make-up with this morning - so it's a start. I understand what you mean by pictures being ruined, I have exactly the same problem, although only recently on my face - it's really annoying! *Fingers crossed for you* I'll be studying French and Linguistics, because I'm really cool like that...

The long sleeved top was because of dermatillomania, my arms have always been scarred/scabby, but I'm just so ashamed of them now, I know my friends/family are used to it, but I don't like having them on show, plus if I do, it's more likely that I'll have a session.

Yes, this Summer, I will have my arms out in the sun! I will, I will, I will.

Oh wow. July 2nd must be a good date to start a fresh! We can all work together on this date and encourage each other!

We can do it! =D

Old 20-04-2010, 01:47 AM   #30
x-love/hate/tragedy-x
Do one thing everyday that scares you.

I am currently:

thanks so much kate (my name is also kate :D ) for starting this thread.

exfoliating stuff can be good, but use it somewhere where you can't look at yourself (ie: the shower)
if anyone is ever taking photos always use a flash because a flash can get rid of imperfections therefore making you feel better & means there are no horrid photos.
bio-oil works quite well to get rid of scars & i put sudocrem/germolene on at night as they both seem to help abit with healing and infection.
if i'm tempted to pick at night i try and replace picking with simply adding more cream to the area, which also sometimes stops me touching it.
i really like the idea of doing things in the dark but i think i'd always need to check my make up was ok before leaving the house.

bananaaz questions:
1) not really no, more ocd than anything and more self destruction than self harm (as although causing minor injury does not cause much physical injury, however can cause a lot of insecurities & negative thinking)
2) yes, and i don't really look at it either way but if anything it becomes a hindrance as it can reinforce negative thinking about oneself.
and to the bored question- yes boredom is a factor however i believe 'thinking time' to be the main issue... ie: if you're watching telly and contemplating the programme and you pick unaware or if you're thinking about what to do/what to wear/what to write etc.

dark faery princess: well done, i really hope you make your goal :)
and only ever where i get spots or blemishes, but i'm actually quite lucky and would have quite good skin if i could control the picking so that's usually only on my face, but then i cover it up with makeup, which obviously clogs my pores and doesn't improve matters.

x

Last edited by x-love/hate/tragedy-x : 20-04-2010 at 02:15 AM.

Some Things There Are No Words For, Only Shoulders To Lean On.
Hands To Hold On To.
And Hugs To Comfort You, As Best They Can.
Buttons - you make me proud.
MeaCulpa - It will never be your fault.
Everyone - Whatever you need to hear.

x-love/hate/tragedy-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2010, 02:01 AM   #31
x-love/hate/tragedy-x

I am currently:

also, tallulah, i don't have a problem with picking on my arms but i sh and i really hate showing it so in the summer i wear gloves that i make out of long socks (knee length) and just stitch them where i cut the toes off, so i can still wear my short sleeved teeshirts.
also netted long sleeved tops (that i wear underneath normal teeshirts) are sometimes (depending on how bad its' been) ok and they are loads cooler than long sleeves.
x

Hands To Hold On To.

Old 20-04-2010, 02:55 AM   #32
ebec11

I am currently:

I'm worried about one scab, hasn't healed at all in 2 weeks b/c I won't let it heal at ALL.
It's below the knee too, f***.

ebec11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2010, 01:38 PM   #33
dark faery princess
*~Ellie~*

I am currently:

Hey how is everyone??

Deedee, and everyone really, when I have picked and need it to heal I've not started using these plasters. Is everyone from UK here? You can getthem in Boots. Can't remember what they are called and they are for quick healing. and they're kinda clear and rubbery. I only put them on at night cos my main picking is on my face. I just cut little squares out of the plaster and stick them on. They stick fine as they are so thats kewl. Anyways, they quite often have a good effect even just overnight.

I'm pretty fed up today. Have sooo much work to do at the moment (Tallulah, seriously make the most of first and second year, cos third year is a bitch! I worked waaay too hard in first year considering it doesn't even count towards your final degree, and you only have to pass!). I'm writing my dissertation and all my predictions I made at the beginning based on the research I did have not come true. My research has shown the complete opposite of what everyone else has found! I've also hurt my arm somehow and I'm not supposed to type. Supposed to be resting it, but that's impossible. There's so much to learn for my exams that I can't even be bothered anymore. I have no motivation to do this anymore. Actually can't wait til its over. Sorry about this rant. You may just wanna skip to the next paragraph, cos this may go on for a while! lol. I'm also getting slightly pissed off about my 'friends' kinda feels like I've been forgotten about. I joined the womens rugby team this year to increase my social circle and stuff, but it's kinda worse than last year. I knew loads of the girls from my team fairly well last year and was quite close to a lot of them, but now I've joined I've kinda felt like I'm not part of it at all. Maybe cos I'm a horrendous rugby player and don't ACTUALLY play at all. Oh well I'm kinda just feeling mopey today lol so sorry about all that. Just hate feeling left out all the time. I kinda lost touch with most of my friends that I used to go to school with as well, so when I come home from uni I don't really have anyone to talk to/ go out with. Arggh it's just so annoying. Makes me feel kinda **** cos there are people that I think of as 'one of my best friends' or as the person I'm closest to, but at the same time, I know these people don't think the same about me... I don't think I'll ever be anyone's 'best friend'. Not that it matters, I guess it's a childish thing anyway. Ok last part of rant (promise!). I thought I was doing really well with my picking, and I've been doing ok, but I've noticed over the last few days that it's creeping back in again. Because I'm allowing myself to pick a little bit, it started off ok, but everytime it's getting a little worse and worse. It's not bad yet, but I'm finding myself rationalising what I'm doing. Thinking well I'll just pick this bit. I know I'm not supposed to pick but I'm telling myself it's ok to do this tiny bit of damage cos it well ultimately help the healing of that particulr scab. I kinda feel that as soons as Ihave fully clear skin then I'll stop picking cos there won;t be anything left to pick. But I'm not sure I'm gonna get to the clear skin stage for a while. Grrr. Anyways, from now on, I'm not gonna let myself do any picking. I keep finding myself picking while I'm doing other stuff and Ikinda think of it as not really counting as I'm not sitting in front of a mirror. Stupid I know.

Ahhh sorry about that. Needed to get that out. Anyways, how is everyone else doing? Ah tallulha Iknow what you mean about procrastinating, that's what I've been doing too. Kinda making myself believe that I don't need to take particular steps cos it might get better if I leave it a bit longer. And I'm just plain lazy when it comes to this! lol. That's really good about not using a pocket mirror. I defintely find that now I'm not using my magnifying mirror it's a lot better! French and linguistics sounds kewl! Will you get to go to France or anywhere as well at some point? Where you hoping to study? I know what you mean about being scabby. My legs are kinda like that atm. That's the other thing I did. I massively picked my legs for like an hour the other day when I was in the car. It was such a release as I've not been letting myself pick my face too much. I didn't even realise I needed that release! I always pick my legs more when I' wearng a skirt or shorts or something. I'm not too fussed about scabs on my legs though. Though my thighs are now covered in horrible SI scars... I went on holiday with my boyfs parents last year to Cyprus and tried to keep my scars covered some of the time, but then his mum spoke to me about it. And I was there for like 10 days and over that time I got quite comfortable about the state of my legs. So comfortable that when I got home I was getting ready to go out and was wearing a short skirt. I forgot about the scars. I don't tend to cover them up at uni either. But my mum saw. She didn't know that I'd started to SI again last year. So it was a bit of a shock for her to see them. oops. Not lokig forwards to this summer when they might be on show again. I don't care around anyone else, its just my family that I don't want to see.

Woah, sorry about my massive nausing of you guys today!! The point of all that was that I get where you're coming from Tallulah. Sorry, I could have just said that! lol. Yeh 2nd july it is. We should all come up with one thing that were gonna do to stop and then we can all use each others methods. Like... I dunno, everytime you want to pick you... erm... eat a banana. I dunno why I said that, cos I hate bananas (no offence bananaaz!!). But you get what I mean. I'm gonna start wearing nail varnish and gonna pick that instead of my skin I think.

Hi kate, bio oil is a good idea, and I use it on my SI scars on my legs, but on my face I found that it clogged up my pores too much and gave me spots! Therefore causing more picking :( Does sudocream help with scars? Or just initial healing? I'm gonna get a home microdermabrasion kit soooon! I'm pretty excited lol. In fact I think I might order one this afternoon. That's if I ever do any work! lol. And I'd defo have to check my make-up before I went out, especially if I did it in the dark! Can just imagine how horrendous that would look! lol. I think the dark thing is more in relation to like brushing teeth/washing face/getting dressed rather than doing makeup. I'm actually the same as you! I don't really have spotty skin naturally, it's just that any blemish I get I tend to pick to the max... apparently these blemishes are not noticable to other people, bu I'm not too sure I believe them! lol. Ahh gloves... they faithful friend of the self harmer! I used to have sooo many pairs of gloves when I was SIing lol. And sweat bands and stuff too! Should imagine long gloves would still be pretty hot tho wouldnt they??

Hey ebec, howa u? Hope you manage to let your scab heal. My scabs are always there for at least 2 weeks, though in the past when I used to just focus on one or two particular scabs (instead of loads of different ones like I do now) they could last a couple of months! As it's below your knee could you try covering it with a plaster and putting some cream on it?? That might help it do that initial bit of healing and be enough to deter you. I think it would be a good idea to defo cover it for a while with some antiseptic cream or with fast healing plasters.

Guys I'm so sorry about the length of this post! If only I'd written this much of my dissertation...

x

Old 20-04-2010, 06:02 PM   #34
Intaytia

I am currently:

Ahh Kate, long gloves do sounds pretty cool, but surely I'd still be as hot as if I wore a long-sleeved top? I like the idea of the netted tops, I might look into that, depending on how much they are, etc.

Not using the pocket mirror seems to be really working for me, the next thing I need to work on is, to not subconsciously pick when I'm on this thread! D=

The following content has been hidden - Reason : For Dark_faery_princess - you can read if you wish, but it's long...

Dark_faery_princess (sorry my mind's gone blank, if I ever knew your name, I've forgotten it) - I'm very impressed by the length of your reply! Thank-you for your advice about making the first of the first and second year, I'll definitely do that, but still work tremendously hard, because in my third year I'll get packed of to France to survive by myself for a year! So I guess my fourth year will be the equivalent to your third. Sorry to hear that your research hasn't proved your predictions, that must be a nightmare! As for the friends issue... is this your last year? If your not an incredibly shy person you could always try joining a society, even if it is for a few weeks? I'm not sure how these things work yet. Again, if you're able to try, you could always try and go out to a pub/bar and meet people there - i can imagine it'd be quite daunting at first but, you never know. Also, I've noticed that you're located in Leicester, so am I, and although I'm not one for big town scenes and lots of drinking, when we both have a minute, we could meet for a coffee or something - if you want to of course!

'I'm finding myself rationalising what I'm doing. Thinking well I'll just pick this bit. I know I'm not supposed to pick but I'm telling myself it's ok to do this tiny bit of damage cos it well ultimately help the healing of that particulr scab' I do this, a lot. I'm actually quite petrified that if and when I have clear skin, I'll just pick the habit back up again, which would be really sad. I've just noticed, that I've picked my lips a lot today because they were dry - nothing like a good packet of salt and vinegar crisps to help you work that out!

Well done for being able to wear a skirt, I'd love to be able to do that, well, if I like wearing skirts, but you get my point. I'm in the same position as you, my legs/thighs are awful due to dermatillomania and SI, but as I always wear trousers/jeans, I'm not too bothered, it just means, swimming/summer holidays become a problem.

I like the idea of sharing tips, for recovery only of course . The idea about the bananas did make me giggle, becuase I don't like bananas either, and I think I'm going to try the nail varnish one! Maybe I'll paint them next time, I get an urge to SI/pick.

Also, like people sometime do when they go on a diet, you could buy a piece of clothing that you can't wear right now because of dermatillomania (or SI) and then work towards being able to wear that? It's a incentive.

As for bio oil etc, I use a cocoa butter body lotion ofter each shower (so it's left on overnight) and it's making my skin all smooth and I think it is helping with the healing. Mine specifically is ASDA Essential collection =], it's a hell of a lot cheaper than bio oil, however, I would probably recommend using bio oil etc for big areas od dermatillomania/SI.

Woah, I'm exhausted now after writing this!
Kate, I have missed your questions by accident, and partly because I didn't have time to respond to them when I saw them, but I will come back and answer them. Right now, I'm off to do an English essay... (yeah right...)

Take care everyone
x

Old 20-04-2010, 10:30 PM   #35
hirple.

Hi Kate! And hey everyone else, too :)

Hope all's well for everyone at the minute! I'll make sure that tomorrow I write a more substantial post but just thought I'd pop in and see how things were going for you all.

Dark Faery Princess: your dedication to the thread is inspirational! Hehe, that reply was absolutely fantastic!

Justine: Really hope the English essay went well and that exams/revision are treating you kindly :) I'm sure with all of the revision you've done they'll go really well, don't panic!

Just a final handy hint: I've found just bog standard Nivea Creme has been quite useful. Rubbing it in (I'm not sure that there's such a thing as going OTT with it!) whenever you go to pick or find yourself picking has been quite a good thing for me to do.

Take care!
Kate xxx

There are remarkable things all the time, right in front of us,
but our eyes have like the clouds over the sun
and our lives are paler and poorer if we do not
see them for what they are. If nobody speaks of
remarkable things, how can they be called remarkable?"
Imperfect.Star and _Mish_ :)

Old 20-04-2010, 11:53 PM   #36
x-love/hate/tragedy-x

I am currently:

bananaaz: i think you should change the name of the thread to include a short description as before i found the other previous thread i didn't actually know the name of it.
dark faery princess: good luck with all your work :) it's not necessarily a bad thing your predictions didn't come true, so long as you explain why you think they didn't come true then you should still be fine. if you try and think of reasons to be motivated to try hard with your work then that also might help you alot.
i relate a lot with the friends issue as due to previous 'things' i ended up dropping out of college last time i went but managed to get my head sorted abit and went back (although now i'm 19 and in classes with 16 year olds...which is abit weird) but i've found it much more difficult to relate to people and make 'real' friends, by real i mean people that you can actually talk to about the things that are important to you. because a lot of my old friends have gone to uni/have full time jobs etc i don't feel as connected to them as i used to and it sometimes can get me down loads because i don't know where to turn when i need someone to be there. i think maybe for you the best thing might be trying to 'tag along' with a group outing with people you know from classes, which could hopefully help you make more friends.
i understand totally the subconscious picking thing...how sometimes you don't even realise you're doing it. with the holiday stuff as well...can i just mention that for me insect bites are a complete bitch, so now i always try and use loads of insect repellent. and although the rationalisation does seem sensible at the time you need to try and make logical thinking prevail...ie: picking ultimately makes everything worse. the nail varnish idea seems great though.
and yes i think sudocrem does help with scarring (& this nivea creme that bananaaz just mentioned seems similar) but i'm quite lucky in the respect that my skin is rather resilient to scarring. & yeah, that's what everyone tells me all the time- that they're not even noticeable to others... but as much as i should i just can't listen to them. i think with the makeup-dark thing i may just try to do my make up in bad light (because when i take make up off/put it on always seems worst for me) but if i do it in poor light blemishes are loads harder to see (ie: the lighting in my bathroom is loads better than the lighting in my rooms so i'm always worse in there) i have also thought about when i get out of bed in the mornings not leaving myself enough time to pick, as this is obv quite important especially when you're going out and therefore need to think about covering it up as well, although i have found this hard.
tallulah: you can get them for like a tenner off the internet, wait i'll try and find you a link...http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BLUE-LEG-AVENU...p+fishnet+tops i usually just put a regular teeshirt over/under them. fishnet tights can also be really good to cover up your legs in cooler weather, although fishnet stuff always leaves really weird tan marks. and because the gloves i wear are fingerless they aren't to bad in hot weather. they're so easy to make too. the body lotion sounds great as well, have you not had any pore-clogging issues with it?
sometimes i feel it's a little bit like smoking (which i also have a tendancy to do a lot of when i'm bored/waiting for something/have nothing to do with my hands) so i'm thinking of maybe contemplating stuff that keeps your hands busy.

good luck everyone :)
x

Hands To Hold On To.

Old 22-04-2010, 12:30 PM   #37
dark faery princess
*~Ellie~*

I am currently:

Hi everyone!
How are you all?
Tallulah you could try fishnet gloves? You can usually get them from market stalls and stuff, and you can get long ones too. That’s really good that you’ve manage to not use the pocket mirror as well. I think with dtm every little bit less picking that you do helps! Ahh yeh, I tend to have a bit of an issue with writing loads! Lol. Oh wow going to France sounds kewl! It’s really annoying, cos most of the people I know at uni or college or whatever have got to do exciting trips and stuff with their courses, but nothing exciting happens in psychology unfortunately! Lol.
The research thing is a bit of a pain, but at least it gives me plenty to write about! You’re right kate, it doesn’t really matter, just slightly disappointing. Ah well. It’s only really annoying cos I was hoping to get it published. But no matter, there’s plenty of time for that!! Yeh it’s my last year now! It’s dead scary, cos I never really thought much further past the end of uni lol. Will be so weird having to get an actual job and do actually work all the time! Thanks for the idea about the society thing, but the societies kinda all shut down in the last term cos of exams and stuff. And then they get the new committees for next year. I think I was probably getting a bit over dramatic about the whole friends thing. I get really paranoid and blow things out of proportion, I’m just kinda trying to remind myself that when I go back everything will be fine! Ugh I’m sooo not looking forward to going back. Our house is the most disgusting hell hole ever and my housemate’s fb status was ‘has reached a new low… Wiping sweet and sour sauce off of the kitchen floor with a fajita cos there are no cloths in the kitchen’. NEVER LIVE IN A HOUSE OF SEVEN PEOPLE WHEN 5 OF THEM ARE BOYS!! Lol.

Wooh go Leicester!! Yeh that’d be kewl! I’m not actually in le at the moment cos at home revising for exams, but would be kewl to meet. D you live in actually Leicester city or in like a small town outside of le or something? I live right near the train station. Pretty good cos it’s close to town and uni lol. Where you hoping to go to uni?

I know what you mean about being worried that you’ll pick even though you have clear skin. I’m the same. I always tell myself that if I has clear skin then I wouldn’t pick, but I’m not too sure this is actually true tbh!! With your lips just keep Vaseline or something with you all the time! That’s what I sometimes do to stop picking them.
Summer and holidays! Argh you just reminded me that I’m going on holiday with loads of my family in the summer! This is not a good thing for showing scars! F*** sake!! Oh god and my niece who will be nearly two will come up and point to them and go ‘whats that?’ she asks that about EVERYTHING. Sometimes cute, sometimes annoying lol. Sometimes just plain depressing – like the time she kept pointing to scabs on my face asking whats that? Whats that? Over and over. Ahh aren’t kids lovely!!
Yeh only recovery related tips!! I’ve got nail varnish on at the moment. I’ve been sat here for about an hour and 2 nails are already gone cos I keep realising I’m picking myface and then swapping to the nails lol. Painting them when you get an urge though is a good idea, cos it makes you do something nice for yourself when you’re feeling low. Like the idea of buying something, think for me it would be some new foundation or makeup or something seeing as I’m not too bothered about my dtm on my legs. It’s not that bad, and the dtm scars look a bit the freckles I think/hope lol.
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Ahh bananaaz (I can never work out how to spell that! Lol everytime have to think about it loads lol!) I use nivea too and Neutrogena. I just remembered though that vitamin E cream is good for scarring. Ahh yeh my replies really do tend to get quite long lol. Sorry about that, I think this one has turned out to be the same! It’s just so great to hear what other people have to say and for us to all support each other! How’s it going for you atm bananaaz? What do you think about wearing skirts/tshirts/shorts etc.? Do you mind?[/font]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Kate, is there no way you can try and get back in contact with your old friends? Are there no other people that are older college? If you ever need anywhere to turn to, you can always come to this thread! Or pm me if you want [/font]J[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif'][/font]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif'] [/font]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Yeh insect bites are bad. I always pick them! When I went to India I got horrendous bites and it was soo hard not to pick them! Pretty lucky that your skin is resilient to scarring anything will make my skin scar. I’ve got a weird disorder with my skin that makes it kinda more stretchy and thinner as well, so makes it worse for scarring. It is really hard to listen to other people when they tell you your skin is fine. I never can listen lol. Not leaving yourself enough time to pick is a good idea…[/font]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']

[/font]

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Anyways, sorry for another long one! I’ll try and keep the length down next time! Lol[/font]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']x[/font]

Old 22-04-2010, 12:31 PM   #38
dark faery princess
*~Ellie~*

I am currently:

Sorry dunno what all the font verdana msg thing is about!

I MUST GET OFF THIS THREAD AND DO SOME WORK!!! AAARGH...

Old 22-04-2010, 06:03 PM   #39
hirple.

Ahaa, hey :)

Hope you managed to get some work done Dark Faery Princess. Oh, if you'd rather call me Kate than bananaaz then please, go for it - it's far easier to spell! You might need to consider differentiating between Kates though! I'm okay, thanks for asking. I almost managed to not pick my face at all this morning, but just as I put the mirror back on the wall (yeah, taking it off the wall has been a good help) I couldn't stop myself. It's so aggravating thinking that I can't control myself enough to not pick.

Just briefly:

I'm the same with insect bites - real nightmare. Really try not to pick them though, rub in masses of anti-histamine cream or something.

T-shirts at the minute aren't a possibility because, although my mum know about previous SH, I'm not comfortable with showing any scars just yet. I'm fading them like hell first. (I've been 'free' for 11 weeks now, so they shouldn't be a problem for too long). In general though, I find it really difficult to expose anywhere that I pick, just because I worry that I couldn't stop myself picking even in front of others. Crazy, I know.

And now I have to go, but I'll reply better in a little while.

Take care :) xxx

Old 23-04-2010, 10:43 PM   #40
CrazyAboutMonkeys

I am currently:

Hello guys!

The sun is out finally and I can gets relaxed all I wants to do with myself:)..

Ahh. I hates the flybites in the summer but it's turning out that I got itching really bad and it was terrible! but I planning to stay in the house in the nighttime because of the dumb flybites.

Oh god! tell me about it Faery Princess..My cousin asked me "what that?"..I was like "a flybites"..he was younger like 13 years old in a last couple of years ago..that was embarrased! I would never see my face like that..boy, that's scary!

My picking has really well but picked a few spots so it should be fine I guess..Summer coming up soon and I'm always stopping in the summer then fall/winter/spring started over again..I hates that!

Take care of yourself!

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)