RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-05-2013, 12:07 AM   #1
((deleted))
~Ruth~

I am currently:
reporting threads/post reports

i have recently become fairly active again after a couple years away from the site, and i am aware that some things have changed in the interim. however, it used to be that if you sent a pr/reported a thread that a mod would come back to you with the outcome, or if it was a complex issue needing mod debate keep you informed of that.
is this no longer the case?

"Has anyone seen my contact lens? It may be stuckto a tree or a rock or something. Oh boy, I am so grounded" Family Guy
if everyone cared and nobody cried, if everyone loved and nobody lied, if everyone shared and swallowed their pride, we'd see the day that nobody died

!!!! I got lei'd in Vets !!!!

((deleted)) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 12:10 AM   #2
strangecharm

i don't think the person reporting gets any information as to the outcome. the punishment is often just for the person who's done whatever it is and the mods

strangecharm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 12:11 AM   #3
talaiporia
Chat Mod

I am currently:

I think you only hear back if it's a complicated thing, or grey area thing. Ultimately the consequences of a PR a confidential (as far as I know).

I've only ever heard back when no action was taken - once when I PR'd the wrong thread and they were like "why'd you report this?". Another time it was grey, and it didn't break the rules, but I'd PR'd as I wasn't sure.

It doesn't matter where you come from; it matters where you go.
No-one gets remembered for the things they didn't do.
We won't all be here this time next year,
so while you can take a picture of us.
We're definitely going to hell,
but we'll have all the best stories to tell.

talaiporia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 12:26 AM   #4
((deleted))
~Ruth~

I am currently:

i came across an old thread by typsee the other day which was what got me thinking of it. i remember outcomes being confidential but getting a PM saying it had been dealt with by the mods (but no specific details) or an explanation of why it wasn't rule breaking.

"Has anyone seen my contact lens? It may be stuckto a tree or a rock or something. Oh boy, I am so grounded" Family Guy
if everyone cared and nobody cried, if everyone loved and nobody lied, if everyone shared and swallowed their pride, we'd see the day that nobody died

Old 07-05-2013, 12:44 AM   #5
griddlebone
Head of Chat/Forum Mod.

I am currently:

You will usually get a PM if there is nothing done about the issue explaining why.

There are times to stay put, and what you want will come to you.
But there are times to go out into the world and find such a thing for yourself.
I aint no abacus but you can count on me.

griddlebone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 12:52 AM   #6
((deleted))
~Ruth~

I am currently:

thanks griddlebone

Old 09-05-2013, 04:37 PM   #7
random.swirls
Head forum moderator

I am currently:

Yeah if we act on it we dont send a PR as generally it's visible i.e. a post gets edited but if we don't act on it then we try and send a pr although as we are short on moderators this doesnt always happen.

When we lose twenty pounds... we may be losing the twenty best pounds we have! We may be losing the pounds that contain our genius, our humanity, our love and honesty. ~Woody Allen
Is a chocolate muffin loving glitter ball

random.swirls is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)