Live Help

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 07-07-2007, 02:26 PM   #1
-Chelsey-
[[Rabbit]]

I am currently:
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows is the seventh and final book in the Harry Potter series of novels by J. K. Rowling.

The book is scheduled to be released globally in English-speaking countries shortly after midnight (00:01), British Summer Time, on 21 July2007. In the U.S. it is to be released for sale within each time zone at 00:01 local time, a few hours after the other English-speaking countries

The book reached the top spot on both the Amazon.com and Barnes and Noble bestseller lists just a few hours after the date of publication was announced on 1 February2007.Retailers such as Amazon, Barnes & Noble and Borders are reporting that more orders have been placed for this book than for any other in history. American publisher Scholastic announced an initial print run of 12 million copies.

The book is expected to be 608 pages in the British edition, and has been confirmed to be 784 pages in the US edition.

“Harry has been burdened with a dark, dangerous and seemingly impossible task: that of locating and destroying Voldemort’s remaining Horcruxes. Never has Harry felt so alone, or faced a future so full of shadows. But Harry must somehow find within himself the strength to complete the task he has been given. He must leave the warmth, safety, and companionship of The Burrow and follow without fear or hesitation the inexorable path laid out for him. In this final, seventh instalment of the Harry Potter series, J.K. Rowling unveils in spectacular fashion the answers to the many questions that have been so eagerly awaited. The spellbinding, richly woven narrative, which plunges, twists and turns at a breathtaking pace, confirms the author as a mistress of storytelling, whose books will be read, reread and read again.

Around 20 days Till its release, I'll be joining.. the god knows how many people queueing up at midnight for its realease. & because I'm sad, I'll be dressing up. Who else will be joining me in the early hours of the morning reading?
& because I'm even sadder, I've pre-booked my tickets for the Order of the phoneix (which is showing country wide) from July 12th.
I just felt like making a "I'm sadly obessed by Harry Potter Thread".
Who will die and who will survive?
& a random fact for you, There is said to be NO quidditch matches in the final book.

"...On and on the rain will fall
Like tears from a star like tears from a star
On and on the rain will say
How fragile we are how fragile we are..."

-Chelsey- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 02:28 PM   #2
linder surprise
vs. elvis.

I am currently:

i havent preordered mine yet.
has everyone else.
i dont think i am gunna preorder it.

ALSOOOOOO.
jk was on jonathon ross last night.
&&&.
SHE SAID THE LAST WORD IN THE BOOK IS NO LONGER SCAR.

take what you love
burn it down.

linder surprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 02:32 PM   #3
-Chelsey-
[[Rabbit]]

I am currently:

Yeah I saw that, It's in the last sentence, but she wont give a hint on what is the last word.

I could give more random facts about what story lines are still open which need to be solved, but for some it could, and would be incredibly boring.

There's also a Harry potter theme park opening in florida, scheduled date of opening, 2010.

"...On and on the rain will fall
Like tears from a star like tears from a star
On and on the rain will say
How fragile we are how fragile we are..."

-Chelsey- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 02:42 PM   #4
Paperdreams.
..honey.

I'm gonna preorder mine, but only because I can get it half price if I do.Haha, have fun dressing up. Sounds good. I would join you, but I can't be bothered.

"When the planes hit the Twin Towers, as far as I know none of the phone calls from the people on board were messages of hate or revenge - they were all messages of love. If you look for it, I've got a sneaky feeling you'll find that love actually is all around.”

Paperdreams. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 03:59 PM   #5
Useless Information 101
We're all in this together :)

I am currently:

Ugh, I can not wait for that book! Or the movie!
I dont think Ill be dressing up though, Ill probably end up just going myself at midnight to get the book. I preordered that thing the day it came out haha.

Dream.

Useless Information 101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 04:11 PM   #6
craola
Clouds In My Coffee.

I am currently:

Aimee is so excited, she actually refused to go on holiday because she would have missed the midnight launch.

Im meant to be going with Miss Chels but I havent spoken to her for a while.

craola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 06:10 PM   #7
Bruise Pristine

I am currently:

I'll be getting it at midnight also. 24 hour supermarkets are the way to go! Avoid the wizards.

Bruise Pristine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 07:14 PM   #8
DoveInGrey
the naked pigeon

I am currently:

Jay pre-ordered mine on valentine's day so hopefully I'll be getting it on the morning! Can't wait!!

I want something else to get me through this
Semi-charmed kind of life baby baby

DoveInGrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 08:57 PM   #9
Beautifully Broken
Even The Best Fall Down Sometimes.

I am currently:

I pre-ordered mine on Amazon months ago because it was half price.
Eeeeee! I'm so excited!!

Beautifully Broken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 09:08 PM   #10
happywondering
выродок

I've pre-ordered mine from waterstones, I doubt I'll go and get it at midnight though, will get it first thing in the morning.

Never forget what you are for the rest of the world will not.
Wear it like armor and it can never be used to hurt you

happywondering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 09:16 PM   #11
claireyfairy
(`・ω・´)

I am currently:

my dad ordered 2 just because they're half price o.O

[every beginning is also an end]

claireyfairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 09:43 PM   #12
Hollz
Daffodil

I am currently:

I cant actually contemplate how excited I am about this all. The film in a few days, and of course the film releases always mean mindight showin gon opening night for me - tickets booked, can NOT wait.

Deathly Hallows. I am extremely excited about the book. As others have said of course I will be getting it a midnight even though I am away in Belfast for a weekend away, like I picked up the 5th book in Blackpool on my sisters hen weekend - I am actually obsessed.

I am reading book 1 as of today and plan to read the first six in order, for the bok comming out in 2 weeks - sad I know but it's my ritual for a new book comming out. I just wrote my profile for this site and mentioned I was a Harry Potter obsessive, so I feel it's apt that I make my first post on the subject matter :D

Also, I think the theme park is going to be an extention to islands of adventure, which is at the moment the best theme park that I have ever been too, visited there a few times. Looking forward to going back to see Harry Potter island :D

Finally, was discussing the book at dinner tonight with my brother. I have a few theories. I think Ron and Neville will definately die. Me thinks Harry max be a Horcrux but will survive, perhaps Snape will save him. I think the Special Services award in Hogwarts is also one and deffo the locket at Grimmauld Place.

Ohh so excited, about it all in general :)

Hollz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 09:58 PM   #13
Crumple...
in an ocean that is churning

I'm not going to pre-order it, or go down to a midnight opening.
Because Waterstones will sell it at the RRP which is about £18.
But Asda will sell it for about a tenner :)

I think the Harry Potter books are ****ing amazing, I love them and I'm as excited as anyone else. But I don't see the point in queuing up at midnight to be one of the first to get it. Who cares? Just go down the next day and buy it?
I'll also probably wait a week or so after the movie's released to go see it, but that's because I'm guessing the cinema will be fully booked for atleast a week, lol.

How many ticks left in that clockwork heart?

Crumple... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 10:21 PM   #14
Bruise Pristine

I am currently:

I'm also re-reading them all in preparation - currently halfway through CoS.

I think everywhere will sell it at about £10. That's what new ones have been at Waterstones previously on release days. (When I was normal and used to actually go in the daytime).

Bruise Pristine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 10:35 PM   #15
HopeRises

I have my tickets for the first showing in my town (10:30am on that thursday) and I'll be queuing up at the 24hour asda's at midnight to get my book and and I might dress up for the film but depends if my sister and her mates are.

I've met percy weasly and some other guy who was in the first film.

Harry potter rocks but although im extreemly excited for the 7th book, I'm kinda scared. I don't think I want to read it, I just want to cherish it (how sad lol) I think I will be reading it though I won't be able to not too.

Life can be beautiful if you let it.
Step back, breathe and take it in

HopeRises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 10:42 PM   #16
Crumple...
in an ocean that is churning

Quote:
Originally Posted by mister linda. View Post
i havent preordered mine yet.
has everyone else.
i dont think i am gunna preorder it.

ALSOOOOOO.
jk was on jonathon ross last night.
&&&.
SHE SAID THE LAST WORD IN THE BOOK IS NO LONGER SCAR.
Erection disappearus!
F-ckoffiarmus!

I was highly amused :)

How many ticks left in that clockwork heart?

Crumple... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 10:42 PM   #17
Hollz
Daffodil

I am currently:

I am annoyed I will be in Belfast, so not sure at what point I can pick up the book. I will definately be going to the midnight showing of the film tho on Thursday :D

Something has changed within me, something is not the same, I'm through with playing by the rules of someone elses game. Too late for second guessing, too late to go back to sleep, its time to trust my instincts, close my eyes and leap....
Somethings I cannot change, but till I try I'll never know...
Big hugs to all my friends on here, thanks for your constant support - love you guys

Old 07-07-2007, 10:44 PM   #18
Hollz
Daffodil

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumple View Post
Erection disappearus!
F-ckoffiarmus!

I was highly amused :)
Johnathon Ross is a legend, JK never gave much away in that interview though.

Something has changed within me, something is not the same, I'm through with playing by the rules of someone elses game. Too late for second guessing, too late to go back to sleep, its time to trust my instincts, close my eyes and leap....
Somethings I cannot change, but till I try I'll never know...
Big hugs to all my friends on here, thanks for your constant support - love you guys

Old 08-07-2007, 02:55 AM   #19
all-hope.lost-forever
Trying to save myself from myself.

I am currently:

Im going to pre-order mine on monday!

Feel free to PM me anytime!

R.I.P Spencer <3 - I'll miss you!

all-hope.lost-forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 04:04 AM   #20
Tautology

I am currently:

On the last word being "scar" or it being in the last sentence, a coworker of mine had a theory that he most likely stole, that I found interesting. Its a possible spoiler, so I have it hidden.

The following content has been hidden - Reason : Spoiler
Well, the horcruxes are what makes Voldemort immortal right? Also, didn't the author say she was going to end the series in a way that it couldn't be continued? The theory is that the last horcrux is Harry's scar, and that he'll have to commit suicide in order to kill Voldemort forever.

I love that thoery, makes sence and would be an awesome ending.

Tautology is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)