Live Help

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 18-07-2019, 07:36 PM   #641
MissGranger

I am currently:

I've had no incidents really. I think there may be a problem around my meds because I'm refusing the anti depressant and depot and I don't want them to force them on me but I can't help it I don't think I need them cause there's nothing wrong with me

MissGranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2019, 02:33 PM   #642
one_step_closer
The Shadow of the Day

Would there be any harm in taking them anyway, just to see if they help at all? Sometimes we can't see what is 'wrong' with us or don't want to accept it. Good luck with ward round.

I put it down on paper and then the ghost does not ache so much.

one_step_closer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2019, 02:58 PM   #643
MissGranger

I am currently:

I don't know. Thank you. It went terribly. I really thought they'd let me go today or at least give me some leave, neither of which actually happened. I then tried to leave and the nurses got me back to my room. No one's bothered checking on me for about 3 hours also. Luckily I've had some PRN. I don't know how to do this anymore.

Old 19-07-2019, 03:56 PM   #644
one_step_closer
The Shadow of the Day

I know it's really hard. I think being more honest and trying to work with the staff would be really beneficial for you since you're getting frustrated with everything while you're fighting it. You'll be likely to get leave sooner and get home sooner if you take positive steps. Do you need to talk to someone?

Old 19-07-2019, 05:57 PM   #645
MissGranger

I am currently:

Thanks. Think the staff hate me cause I managed to escape off the ward and they restrained me back. I'm feeling really triggered after hearing some awful news as well. I can't stop crying. I need psychologist but she's not in til Monday and that's when our next appt is. If I tell her everything I want to tell her then I'm scared of possible consequences. But at the same time I don't know how to not talk to anybody til Monday.

Old 19-07-2019, 07:26 PM   #646
one_step_closer
The Shadow of the Day

The psychologist sounds like someone you trust so I think you should make use of the times you see her to get things off your chest. Are there any staff on now who you trust?

Old 19-07-2019, 07:29 PM   #647
MissGranger

I am currently:

I'm just scared she might share what I tell her with the Drs etc. And then I definitely will get put on a section 3.

Not really no. Some horrible nurse just came in (the same one who lied in my review) and told me to stop with the attitude. Then she started moving things about in my room. All I wanted was her of all people to leave me alone. She's the last person I'd talk to here.

The night shift my key worker is on. I could possibly talk to him but I've never had a proper chat with him before. And I kinda feel like waiting for the psychologist but it's all eating me up inside.

Old 19-07-2019, 07:32 PM   #648
one_step_closer
The Shadow of the Day

I'm sorry some of the staff are being awful. I think you should definitely try and talk to your key worker while all of this is going on for you. Please don't let it build up further even if you have worries about sharing things. I'd hope that people would respond to whatever you say in a way that will be beneficial for you, even if it's not what you want at the time unfortunately.

Old 19-07-2019, 07:34 PM   #649
MissGranger

I am currently:

Thanks for your advice and kind words. I will see what happens when my key worker comes on shift. I just wish my psychologist was here now. I need her.

Old 19-07-2019, 07:36 PM   #650
one_step_closer
The Shadow of the Day

Yeah, I know that feeling. I hope you can have a good chat with your key worker. Would it help at all to write something in preparation for seeing the psychologist?

Old 19-07-2019, 07:40 PM   #651
MissGranger

I am currently:

He just came on shift and checked on me. He just went "alright" then shut the door and went. So I guess I won't be having any time with him tonight then.

I don't know I think I just want to see how it goes. I really don't know. In some ways it would be easier to just write it and hand her the paper but also she could use that as evidence.

Old 19-07-2019, 08:00 PM   #652
Pomegranate
Petulant

I am currently:

What do you feel the nurse lied about? Why does she think you have ‘an attitude’? I’m sure your key nurse would rather you asked for a 1-1 than struggle in silence. I’m guessing it’s shift handover time so he was probably just popping in to let patients know he was on shift. Try not to read too much into it.

*Proud Plumeria Sister*

Pomegranate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2019, 08:15 PM   #653
MissGranger

I am currently:

She lied about things I've apparently said and things she has apparently done. Because I make it clear I don't like her and I told her to get out of my room.

He just asked me how my day was and I said "awful" and he said nothing. Yet yesterday he said if we didn't chat yesterday which we didn't then we would chat tonight. Doesn't look like that's gonna happen to me what with them having to do meds etc.

Old 19-07-2019, 09:50 PM   #654
Pomegranate
Petulant

I am currently:

I suppose this is where your role comes in, in self care etc and asking him to make time to talk. What’s the worst that could happen from asking?

*Proud Plumeria Sister*

Old 19-07-2019, 09:51 PM   #655
Pomegranate
Petulant

I am currently:

Also, what are you hoping for by making sure she knows you don’t like her? If we turn it around, and you were being spoken to as you speak to that nurse, how would it make you feel?

*Proud Plumeria Sister*

Old 19-07-2019, 09:52 PM   #656
MissGranger

I am currently:

I don't wanna be rejected and it probably would be kinda pointless. My fav nurse is in tomorrow I think so I may talk to her but I don't know. If not I'll have to wait til Monday and speak to my psychologist somehow.

Old 19-07-2019, 10:40 PM   #657
Pomegranate
Petulant

I am currently:

Feeling rejected is horrible. Maybe looking at it another way though, why would the nurse not talk to a patient? What would be his reasons, logically? It might help to think about what you are hoping to get from talking to them as well...like, is it to offload about what you’re feeling, or for support in ways and ideas to manage? That kind of thing.

*Proud Plumeria Sister*

Old 19-07-2019, 10:41 PM   #658
Pomegranate
Petulant

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pomegranate View Post
Also, what are you hoping for by making sure she knows you donít like her? If we turn it around, and you were being spoken to as you speak to that nurse, how would it make you feel?
Also, the above ^^^

*Proud Plumeria Sister*

Old 19-07-2019, 11:56 PM   #659
MissGranger

I am currently:

Firstly she deserves it as she isn't very nice and has been out of order to me on a number of occasions. I've not shouted or sworn at her or anything like that. I just want nothing to do with her and I think that's fair enough.

Also he has made it clear he's been "supporting other patients" tonight. He clearly doesn't care but it's fine my favourite nurse is on tomorrow so hopefully I do have the courage to talk to her and she will have the time to talk to me.

I think it's for all of the above really.

Old 20-07-2019, 11:34 AM   #660
one_step_closer
The Shadow of the Day

Maybe he didn't realise you needed his support since you didn't clearly ask for it.

I hope you can talk to someone today.

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)