@nonymous00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 07:14 PM   #2
Sans Peur

Ive been vaping since early July last year

Sans Peur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 07:46 PM   #3
Pete_3s

I am currently:

do you get the same hit from an e-cig? thinking of switching to them, but they seem to be far more expensive...

Pete_3s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 07:49 PM   #4
Selmo

I am currently:

:) yeh. theyre better as its not as toxic. but yeah the pic sucks :/

"I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they're right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together."

Selmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 09:36 PM   #5
Pete_3s

I am currently:

sounds good :) might finish my bag and then get some of the electronic ones. Any recommendations on brand/type??

Old 02-02-2014, 10:30 PM   #6
Feel_Good_inc.
I am a leaf on the wind; watch how I soar

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete_3s View Post
do you get the same hit from an e-cig? thinking of switching to them, but they seem to be far more expensive...
All in all it works out cheaper. when you buy them they can seem more expensive, but when you work out the mathematics of it it works out cheaper. I've been using an e-cig over a year now and the most I spent was just £50 for a starter kit consisting of two batteries, a pack of three tanks, a charger and some e-liquid.

After that it's maybe £20 every two or three months for new tanks and some new liquid. The company I buy from, the tanks can be used up to ten times before they need replacing, come in a pack of three and -depending how much you use it- they only need refilling every couple of days.
the smallest liquid you can buy is 10ml. the tanks are full on 0.9ml so they last for ages.

All in all they last a hell of a lot longer than a pack of 20 cigs and cost a lot less too.

Don't be fooled by my smooth skin. The deepest scars are the ones unseen.
Remember compliments you received, forget the insults. If you succeed in doing this, tell me how..~ Baz Lurhman.
Letting it get to you - You know what that's called? Being alive. Best thing there is. Being alive right now that's all that counts. ~ Doctor Who "The Doctors Wife"
06.November.2011

Feel_Good_inc. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 10:34 PM   #7
Feel_Good_inc.

I am currently:

Quote:
sounds good :) might finish my bag and then get some of the electronic ones. Any recommendations on brand/type??
The company I buy from Jacvapour.com
they're a British company with some great reviews on the products, the most reliable customer service I've encountered, the best variety in flavours, strengths, products and accessories -you can even choose what colour light you want the battery to glow when you vape, they have that much choice -
and they have the best pricing of any major e-cig company I've found and I've looked long and far to get the best deals when I was choosing my e-cig.
Never just buy one from your local market, they can't guarantee quality or chemical content.

Remember compliments you received, forget the insults. If you succeed in doing this, tell me how..~ Baz Lurhman.
Letting it get to you - You know what that's called? Being alive. Best thing there is. Being alive right now that's all that counts. ~ Doctor Who "The Doctors Wife"
06.November.2011

Old 02-02-2014, 10:42 PM   #8
Feel_Good_inc.

I am currently:

Quote:
You can get the same throat hit, or even get something gentler if you want. If you buy online you can usually just read the product description for the details on flavour quality and hit strength.

One flavour of Tobacco I've tried was a light hit with a sweet flavour. sweet is the best way to describe it.
Another I've tried was called Real Tobacco, was a stronger hit with even the smoky aftertaste of burning tobacco.

one was just plain tobacco flavour, the other a more in-depth flavour.

and the strengths vary from very strong 24 milograms, to zero mg of nicotine, for those who want to quit smoking but want to keep up the habit of holding a cig in their hands and puffing on something.

06.November.2011

Old 02-02-2014, 10:56 PM   #9
Pete_3s

I am currently:

http://jacvapour.com/all-products/st...-kit-1518.html

is this the best one to start off with?

thank you for your help :)

Old 02-02-2014, 11:04 PM   #10
Feel_Good_inc.

I am currently:

Quote:
http://jacvapour.com/all-products/st...-kit-1518.html

is this the best one to start off with?

thank you for your help :)
It is a good one and pretty close to the kit I began with. A great starter. Eventually though I moved onto this tank kit:

http://jacvapour.com/all-products/st...-kit-1523.html

I think tanks are slightly better because you see how much liquid is left, so you can better monitor when they need refilling and it's near impossible to overfill them.

Last edited by Feel_Good_inc. : 02-02-2014 at 11:12 PM.

06.November.2011

Old 02-02-2014, 11:09 PM   #11
Captainshiny
August Jung Williams

I am currently:

Maybe this isn't the place to ask, but; smoking is used as a stress relief for some people. Do E-Cigs give the same stress relief as real smoking does?

If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do, what I'm about to do today?

Captainshiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 11:13 PM   #12
Feel_Good_inc.

I am currently:

since it's usually the nicotine that provides the release of endorphins that cause the stress relief, yes e-cigs have the same effect.
Without the hyper-addictive and negative health aspects of the tar and other chemicals contained in a normal cigarette.

06.November.2011

Old 02-02-2014, 11:27 PM   #13
Captainshiny
August Jung Williams

I am currently:

I see, thanks. I probably shouldn't of ask because now I want to use an E Cig when i feel like crap, except if I did I would probably get addicted...

If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do, what I'm about to do today?

Old 03-02-2014, 12:22 AM   #14
Sans Peur

I started on ce4 and ego batteries and have since moved on to mini protanks, evods and now recently started using mods and rebuildables.

If you want something decent, i would buy an evod kit from myepack

Old 03-02-2014, 12:30 AM   #15
Harley's Dad

I know nothing about these but it sounds as though in the lower strengths they may be slightly less harmful than ordinary cigarettes - if so, good.

However, although many people here are under stress and use tobacco as a crutch, the hard fact remains that smoking is a killer, and a serious one at that. All smokers should, in my view, be aiming at giving up sooner or later - preferably sooner.

I've lost people close to me, and several friends, to lung cancer/emphysima. I was once a smoker myself and, under stress, used it as a crutch too. But eventually after many stop/start performances I finally quit for good and determined never to smoke anything again. I've managed to stick to that ever since (it's not nearly as difficult as you think) and right now if you put £1000 cash on the table in front of me and challenged me to smoke a fag for it I would refuse - because I know all about the slippery slope which tempts one to have just one more, and then leads to restarting.

So anything you can use to help cut down a bit has to be good. But ultimately the only real solution is to stop altogether for the rest of your life - and you should be planning towards that now!

Tony (in totally smoke-free mode).

Never surrender.

Harley's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 12:40 AM   #16
Captainshiny
August Jung Williams

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sans Peur View Post
I started on ce4 and ego batteries and have since moved on to mini protanks, evods and now recently started using mods and rebuildables.

If you want something decent, i would buy an evod kit from myepack
I'd have to keep it from my parents, so I would have to buy it from a newsagent or something.

What's in an evod kit, and what is myepack?

Old 03-02-2014, 12:55 AM   #17
Sans Peur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley's Dad View Post
I know nothing about these but it sounds as though in the lower strengths they may be slightly less harmful than ordinary cigarettes - if so, good.

However, although many people here are under stress and use tobacco as a crutch, the hard fact remains that smoking is a killer, and a serious one at that. All smokers should, in my view, be aiming at giving up sooner or later - preferably sooner.

I've lost people close to me, and several friends, to lung cancer/emphysima. I was once a smoker myself and, under stress, used it as a crutch too. But eventually after many stop/start performances I finally quit for good and determined never to smoke anything again. I've managed to stick to that ever since (it's not nearly as difficult as you think) and right now if you put £1000 cash on the table in front of me and challenged me to smoke a fag for it I would refuse - because I know all about the slippery slope which tempts one to have just one more, and then leads to restarting.

So anything you can use to help cut down a bit has to be good. But ultimately the only real solution is to stop altogether for the rest of your life - and you should be planning towards that now!

Tony (in totally smoke-free mode).
Its the chemicals that are released through the burning of tobacco that are dangerous, there are thousands in a cigarette. Ecigs/ vaping do not contain these chemicals. Nicotine is not dangerous through the quality that is contained in the eliquids.

I have no plans on giving up vaping, it is something i enjoy. they are not risk free like most things in the world. I consider myself a non smoker, i havent touched a cig in over 3 months now and i have no temptation to have a cig.

Old 03-02-2014, 06:14 PM   #18
sherlock holmes
do you like my potato?

Captainshiny- smoking cigarettes or e-cigs are only really calming for people who are ALREADY smokers. The calming effect is only created by 1) deep, slow breathing which you can do without smoking, and 2) getting enough nicotine to stop withdrawing.

Please, please don't start smoking because you think it will help you relax. It won't. It will only help you relax in the sense that you'll get addicted to nicotine and feel like crap until you get your next 'hit' then you'll feel a bit better.

You're MUCH better off looking up breathing techniques and doing guided relaxation.

Isn’t it funny how day by day nothing changes but when you look back, everything is different…

you once called your brain a hard drive, well say hello to the virus.

sherlock holmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 06:50 PM   #19
Feel_Good_inc.

I am currently:

Sherlock has a point. new evidence shows that meditation is almost as beneficial to the body as diet and exercise. not in terms of physical fitness, but more in the way of endorphins, stress release and mental health.

06.November.2011

Old 03-02-2014, 09:31 PM   #20
Captainshiny
August Jung Williams

I am currently:

I see. Ill take that into consideration. Thanks for the advice

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)