Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 03-12-2016, 11:04 PM   #1
Doikers
Louder Than God's Revolver and Twice as Shiny

I am currently:
May lose benefits

So need a job.
However am unemployed for 12-14 year and have 3 crap GCSE's.
Live in a crap area but nice for the area and need to stay here to be near family as the CMHT have dropped the ball over and over. Family are my only support .
Need to make near double minimum wage just pay rent if I am screwed.
Cannot be homeless.
Nowhere else to go .
Need well paying job with little experience and GCSE's .
How do I keep a roof over me?

Thanks.

I'm still not comfortable in my skin and the anasthetic's slowly wearing thin - Otep
Everyones lost but me! - Indiana Jones

It's okay , they know me here .

Kahlia1981 is my adopted little sister :)

''Courage doesn't always roar , sometimes courage is that little voice at the end of the day that says I'll try again tomorrow"

Doikers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 11:12 PM   #2
Bellatrix
Voldemort's Bitch

I am currently:

If you go to your local job centre (or whatever they're called in Wales) they will be able to help you write a CV and find a job that covers you and offer income support if you're struggling to meet needs.

Imperfection is underrated.

Bellatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 12:25 AM   #3
Irisflower

I am currently:

Sometimes temporary agencies can be a good stepping stone... even some data entry work can help and that's where to find it.

Irisflower is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 12:29 AM   #4
whirlpools

Can you get some reassurance re: your rent/housing benefit at least? You don't say why you might lose your benefits, but usually they try and protect your home. Even if the local hiding authority can't pay your full rent they usually assess by income up to a certain point.

whirlpools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 02:54 PM   #5
yoyogirl

I am currently:

Hiya

If you see the cmht, how about asking them if they can refer you to their employment advisor/job coach to help you with applying for jobs and getting a cv together. You could also think about volunteering for a local charity shop once or twice a week and also think about ways to improve your prospects. such as going to college and doing GCSES or have a look on internet for online colleges. I can think of a few.

ICS Learn.
Distance Learning Centre

Have you ever confused a dream with life? Or stolen something when you have the cash? Have you ever been blue? Or thought your train moving while sitting still? Maybe I was just crazy. Maybe it was the 60's. Or maybe I was just a girl... interrupted.
I know what it's like to want to die. How it hurts to smile. How you try to fit in but you can't. How you hurt yourself on the outside to try to kill the thing on the inside. I tried groups, didn't work out just made my depression a lot worse.

yoyogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 04:21 PM   #6
Doikers
Louder Than God's Revolver and Twice as Shiny

I am currently:

Sorry , I shall try and explain better.
I have been sent the form to see if I still qualify for benefits.
Went with the MH Advocate , K to the CAB . K said I needed to fill out the form as if I was at my worst but the CAB said that the rules on that have been changed and I and they could be charged with fraud if I did that .
I have just met the 10th Locum Psych in 11 appointments , Who wrote me a letter of support but got half my meds and diagnosis wrong . But no time for another letter as it took him a week to write and I picked it up but he hadn't done it so he has just obviously glanced at my notes and dictated it.
It does not mention BPD or Chronic Depression. It mentions something I've not ever been told about though.
The Benefits form needs to know who my permanent Psych is, I don't have one.
They need to know who my Care Co-ordinater is but he is on long term sick and as the CMHT are so understaffed has not been replaced .
K is my only point of contact with the CMHT here . Powys don't even run their own MH care system for some reason ( I think Monmouthshire does ) so no new psych wants to work here .
The form is sent off and I have been told I will have to have an assessment anyway as that is how they are doing it now . Despite my CC promising me I would never have to even fill out a form again.
The boxes on the form are tiny and could not fit everything in.
Every Locum just throws a different pill at me . That's it . And it messes my head up a lot .
I cannot face an assessment . I simply cannot handle the stress of it.
I am in several stressful situations and I have to wait 3 months to find out about this . My partner is supporting me so hard which is so unfair on her .

Why they thought right this time of year is the time to send this form out is beyond me.

Also sorry I have kinda gone away from RYL lately . Need room to think.

I'm still not comfortable in my skin and the anasthetic's slowly wearing thin - Otep
Everyones lost but me! - Indiana Jones

It's okay , they know me here .

Kahlia1981 is my adopted little sister :)

''Courage doesn't always roar , sometimes courage is that little voice at the end of the day that says I'll try again tomorrow"

Doikers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 06:12 PM   #7
Ballerina123
XXX

I am currently:

In England housing benefit and working tax credits is based on income rather than disability.

Thing like unemployment benefit is based on disability.

So even if you worked in a low wage job it could be possible to supplement your financial needs with low income benefits.

Maybe just something to look into.

Also a complaint to your mh team would be beneficial in this case. Stating that you risk homelessness due to their poor, inconsistent care.

The average,
well-adjusted adult
gets up at 7.30am feeling just plain terrible.

Call me Kate.

I have dyslexia so please excuse my poor spelling and sometimes poor understanding.

Ballerina123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 06:12 PM   #8
Too Shy

I am currently:

I know you said the form has been sent now, but just in case you need any info for the future (or if things don't turn out well and you get a mandatory reconsideration or appeal) - the CAB are correct in that the guidance is not to fill out the form of the worst day, but on an 'average' day or to explain both good and bad days. But this does still include describing your worst days, and for example how often days like this occur. If you state, for example, that your condition varies but 'in general' or '2 days out of 3' (or whatever) your symptoms are [...], this is absolutely fine and it is important to reflect bad days.

If things do go the way you fear with losing your benefits, you would be well within your rights to ask them to reconsider (and go to appeal if necessary). This would allow you to get a proper and accurate letter of support as evidence (and to explain further the lack of a permanent care-coordinator etc), as the locum you saw sounds awful!

There is a move towards doing assessments for the majority of people now, but there are ways that can be made easier. Would it help to ask for a home assessment rather than going somewhere? You can have somewhere there with you if that would help, and it might be worth either writing or calling the department to explain the stress and impact the assessment fear is having on you.

Having said that, although I understand that it's terrifying and nothing is going to ease that fear until you have the relief of knowing, please do try not to worry too much. You have a diagnosis, you do have evidence, you've already qualified previously (and routine checks are normal, it's part of checking for fraud & error in the system, it doesn't mean they're aiming to take away benefits from genuine people I promise), and you can receive further help or advocacy if necessary.

I apologise for length of this, but if you need any advice please do feel free to PM me and I'll see if I can help.

Too Shy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 04:54 PM   #9
yoyogirl

I am currently:

How about putting down one managers of the CMHT or your Psych?

Have you ever confused a dream with life? Or stolen something when you have the cash? Have you ever been blue? Or thought your train moving while sitting still? Maybe I was just crazy. Maybe it was the 60's. Or maybe I was just a girl... interrupted.
I know what it's like to want to die. How it hurts to smile. How you try to fit in but you can't. How you hurt yourself on the outside to try to kill the thing on the inside. I tried groups, didn't work out just made my depression a lot worse.

yoyogirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)