RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 10-02-2008, 09:26 PM   #1
mi92186
God Bless

Live Help

So, every time I log into RYL, live help is offline. Is live help ever ON line??? There have been quite a few times where I really could have used it, and it wasn't there. What's the point in having it if nobody is ever there?!

mi92186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 09:34 PM   #2
Sans Peur

Im sorry to hear that live help has not been online swhen you have needed it but there are other options to getting help on RYL including posting on the forums for support or using chat.

I am not 100% sure why it hasnt been online as much as it used to... technical difficulties, lack of staff etc?

Sans Peur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 09:38 PM   #3
Sooty
Sophie

I am currently:

The supporters do their BEST to support members when needed. And I see them online plenty... it must be the time you come online. You must appreciate that the supports aren't professionals... but members who are willing to give up their time to support others. As you can imaginge, the demand for support on a Self Harm support site is pretty HIGH. I'm sorry that you have not been online when live help are online but there ARE other ways to gain support have you thought about:

Emailing the supporters?
Using live chat to ask for support?
Posting in the many support forums?

I personally think that the supporters do a FANTASTIC job!

Sophie.x

Soon... Now will be then...Today will be yesterday... Present will be past...And thought will be memory... So...Live for the future! Make your future how you want it!

Sooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 06:46 AM   #4
mesmerized.
hannah.

Hey. I understand how frustrating it can be when you want to talk to someone and there's no-one on Live Help. But try to understand that the Supporters are all volunteers with their own lives and responsibilities, and also their own problems to deal with. They can't be online all the time, and it just so happens that unfortunately they haven't been when you needed someone. But they do do a brilliant job, and we're lucky to have them :)

Like the others have pointed out, it's not as though there aren't plenty of other ways to get support on RYL. You can post or use chat, or e-mail the supporters, and they will get back to you as soon as possible. Or, you could try calling / e-mailing the Samaritans or another helpline.

They're there when they can be, and even when they're not, you're not alone. Take care, I hope you're okay.

mesmerized. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 07:58 AM   #5
random.swirls
Head forum moderator

I am currently:

Live help is online at points but it isn't on 24 hours a day.

There is a shortage of supporters with access to live help who can get onto it but this should improve in the next few weeks.

As the others have said if you need to get in touch with the supporters why not email them or maybe chat could be an option if you want to speak with a reply instantly. What time zone are you on and what times do you normally come on - that will also have an impact.

Take care

When we lose twenty pounds... we may be losing the twenty best pounds we have! We may be losing the pounds that contain our genius, our humanity, our love and honesty. ~Woody Allen
Is a chocolate muffin loving glitter ball

random.swirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 11:00 AM   #6
klo_flo
Head Supporter

I am currently:

Hi Mi92186,

Everyone has given you great answers above.

Live Help is online - but there are a shortage of Supporters with LH access.... but we are trying our hardest to rectify this - but I have to say comments like yours make me wonder for a moment, but we can't do more possible when I know that all the supporters are so passionate and so dedicated to doing their best for the site

Can I also state that whilst LH is a *fantastic* function of RYL and I would hope for it to online 24/7 at some point on the future - but we aren't any substitute for professional support..... and the Samaritans are *always* available so you are never alone!

Chloe x

We don't get given patience but the opportunity to be patient.
Courage isn't handed to us, but we are given opportunities to be courageous.

klo_flo is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)