RYL Forums

Forum Jump

Old 01-12-2011, 05:12 AM   #1
washedoutdreamer
Lindsey

I am currently:
Eating Disorder - pins and needles.

My arms and legs go numb/"fall asleep" when I'm sitting. Sometimes there is a slight pressure on them, one leg crossed over the other etc, but mostly it is something that usually wouldn't cause that.
The following content has been hidden - Reason : embarassing
sitting on the toilet makes my legs go numb if it's for more than a second.
I'm not underweight at this point but I am restricting. Is this something I should worry about or is it just an annoyance.

Be Strong, Be Smart, Be Proud
Live Honorably and With Dignity
and Just Hold On....

2 Hugs Given By :
Old 01-12-2011, 12:52 PM   #2
Animad

I'd get it checked out. Restriction, especially if you are purging at all, can alter the electrolyte balance in your body which can affect your nerves giving sensations such as this. Aswell as this, if you're not drinking as much then your blood pressure may be low and/or your restriction may be affecting your heart and therefore this needs to be looked into. As well as that, and I don't want to sound like I don't believe you so don't feel offended but, when people have an ED/ are restricting then often they can be very underweight and not realise/ believe they are as what they feel there body is like may not be the same as what it actually is and people's perception of normal (such as a normal weight) does decrease). This means that you may be underweight but not think that which means you'll have less muscle/ fat to protect your other structures so pressure on them (such as from something hard like a toilet seat) can put pressure on the nerves which will do this. I'm not saying that is definitely what I think and I hope you don't look at it in a way you think I'm lying, but yep, as there are several possibilities and that isn't normal then you should go and see a doctor.

Old 01-12-2011, 10:10 PM   #3
washedoutdreamer
Lindsey

I am currently:

Thanks for the advice, it definitely helps. And I didn't think you were calling me a liar. No worries.

Be Strong, Be Smart, Be Proud
Live Honorably and With Dignity
and Just Hold On....

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)