RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 18-09-2016, 05:35 PM   #1
Sunway

I am currently:
Crying when hungry? What's happening?

Hi everyone

I've been recovering from anorexia for the last couple of months, and so far it's been going very well. I'm almost at my normal weight. I eat normally and intuitively most of the time, despite having had a period of binge eating for a while. I've finally started to feel like I'm returning to my old life again. However, I do still have a few problems I can't explain, or that I can't seem to find anyone else having.

Sometimes, if it takes a lot of time before a meal, like dinner, and I get a bit hungry, I will start to cry without really knowing why. I don't know if it is just the sensation of hunger which reminds me of when I used to starve myself. There certainly is an emotional part of it, but I also feel like there is more to it than that. I don't know, I just get really sad and irritable, and I've never been so before my ED. It's really uncomfortable, because I feel so stressed, anxious and also a bit restless... like I'm in danger or something, but I know I'm not and I should not worry.

I've thought about whether it is a psychological or cognitive response, since I know that both things gets messed up during the ED and the following recovery, but I just can't seem to find an explanation.

Has anyone else felt like this? Do you have any suggestions as to why it is happening?

Sunway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2016, 06:21 PM   #2
Unbreakable.
We can try. We can always try.

I am currently:

Are there any additional physical symptoms you get with the mood?
You say it happens when there's a lot of time between meals, so I wonder whether it might be low blood sugar. It can affect your mood and sometimes even feels like a panic attack.

the sun

the moon

the truth

Unbreakable. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2016, 05:35 PM   #3
Escaping Sadness

I am currently:

I get this as well. I've noticed that if I leave myself hungry for too long I start to feel dizzy, shaky, and irritated. This didn't use to be a problem for me when I was hungry, even before the ED. I have no idea why it's happening now. My first thought was low blood sugar, but that would mean my blood sugar drops dramatically every other hour or so and that doesn't sound right. Then I thought low blood pressure, but I've had that my whole life and these symptoms are new.

Escaping Sadness is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)