Live Help

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 29-08-2013, 02:23 PM   #1
Edge

I am currently:
short sleeves and scars

I stopped SHing about a year ago. Things seemed to be going ok. There's been a lot of changes at work recently and it's been hard for everyone to get the work done. I applied for a job working in a different section and got it, unfortunately the only shirts they provide are short sleeved. I only ever wear long sleeves and never roll them up.

I saw my manager to ask about long sleeves but they can't get them. She asked me why I wanted them and, although I hadn't intended to, I told her about my scars. She was fantastic, very supportive. She said I can talk to her any time and she'll try to help.

Since telling her, I have thought more about SHing again. I had a bit of a meltdown the other day and got really upset. I know SH would have made me feel calmer. I now have elastic bands round my wrist in the hope they'll stop me cutting again. I didn't intend to tell anyone about this. I thought I had beaten it and had more control over the urges. Now I'm not sure.

x

A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step - Confucious

Courage doesn't always roar. Sometime courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying 'I will try again tomorrow.' - Mary Anne Radmacher

Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Hugs Given By :
Old 29-08-2013, 10:04 PM   #2
cloudedmind

I am currently:

Firstly, well done for stopping a whole year ago! Also well done for getting the job :D you should also be extremely proud for being so brave and talking to your manager. You have lots of bravery and courage :)

I'm sorry it's caused you to feel like harming again, though. The elastic bands are a good call, and it's good that you're able to put alternatives in place at this point in time. Perhaps when you feel triggered, think of the reasons why you stopped for such a long time to begin with, and the other options you have that will help more with how you're feeling in the long run :)

cloudedmind is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)