Live Help

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 21-11-2016, 06:56 PM   #1
Stellata

so, I'm in hell

I was dismissed from my job [where I'd been for 13 years], with no notice period, just over 2 weeks ago.

To put it in a few words [it's complicated] it was because of my mental health condition and Capability [or lack of].

I was expecting dismissal, but with notice.

I'm trying to apply for a new job, but everything is so hard and I'm so low and depressed and frightened and worried. I know there're things I should be doing, but I can only focus for a couple of hours a day then everything gets scrambled.

I'm waiting for a med evaluation, as I've been referred to psych, following an A&E visit last month when I was in crisis. Psych liaison then were amazing. The nurse spoke with me for over an hour, did a full assessment. My ongoing therapy is helping but my life is ***t right now, and my meds are barely holding things. So I'm waiting on the CMHT. With luck this also might clarify my diagnosis. [I got a proposed GAD diagnosis in addition to the Depression from psych at A&E, and I'm kind of anticipating further add ons. Maybe]. Though that will come too late for any appeal at work.

I have 2 more days left in which to appeal any aspect of the dismissal from work, but I'm totally conflicted and don't know what to do. I'm still in shock. I feel so *^^&*"! useless and worthless. I'd phone the Samaritans, but it feels so fake talking about what's happened and how I'm feeling. Maybe I'm dissociated? And I'm not in a bad enough space to call the CMHT crisis line.

I feel so alone. I'm already socially isolated and this is the proverbial cherry on the cake.

I know I had a few friends here, and so here I am reaching out hoping for some comfort and kind words. Please.

Stellata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2016, 08:23 PM   #2
small light
=GodBless=

I am currently:

I'm sorry to hear your circumstances are so bad at the moment. I offer hugs, cups of tea, and a listening ear..!

Stay safe during this time xx

F r e d d i e

I am raw meat in a slaughter house, packaged according to what you are hungry for . . .

small light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2016, 10:19 AM   #3
Pomegranate
Petulant

I am currently:

I'm sorry to hear things are so rubbish Katie . I know you said it isn't worth calling the crisis line but what about asking to speak to the Duty Worker at the CMHT?

*Proud Plumeria Sister*

Pomegranate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2016, 10:26 AM   #4
Sketchy

I am currently:

Katie, I'm so sorry that you are going through this. I don't know what to suggest but I wanted to give you some support. Reach out to any help offered, because it sounds like support is needed just now. Keep posting here and we will listen. Take care. *leaves hugs*

Sketchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2016, 07:15 PM   #5
Bellatrix
Voldemort's Bitch

Hi Katie. You've been missed.

I'm sorry you're going through this. If you feel you've been unfairly dismissed I'd definitely appeal. Otherwise is it possible to look for another job - what would you like to do?

The crisis line is there for people who are struggling, no matter what they're struggling with. You are certainly okay to call them and I really hope you can.

What medication are you on? Perhaps an increase in dose is needed, or an entirely new medication to try. Have a chat with your psych about it and see what the best route is.

I hope things settle for you soon.

I think you have my number. Feel free to text me anytime and I'll do my best to help.

Jodie x

Imperfection is underrated.

Bellatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2016, 08:13 PM   #6
Stellata

Thanks so much everyone.
[Multi quote hassle partly sorted - see below!]

Last edited by Stellata : 22-11-2016 at 08:25 PM.
Old 22-11-2016, 08:16 PM   #7
Stellata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auror. View Post
I always think it's worth any kind of appeal. At least you know you'd tried.

Low on great words, but if you know you have at least a couple of hours every day that you are capable of doing things, maybe making a list of what you need to do, and sit down the day before and figure out which things are the highest priority? Then you know what absolutely has to get done next day, and what you can put off if you don't feel up to it?

I don't know entirely but I remember you and I'm thinking of you and I'm sorry you are having such a rough time.
Appeal is ready to send, just waiting on someone's feedback but I need to send it tonight.

I've at least done a list of all the jobs I have to apply to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pomegranate View Post
I'm sorry to hear things are so rubbish Katie . I know you said it isn't worth calling the crisis line but what about asking to speak to the Duty Worker at the CMHT?
I don't think it's that bad. It comes and goes. It sucks, because part of me is still in denial and thinks I'm off sick from work and will go back when I'm well again. Sigh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sketchy View Post
Katie, I'm so sorry that you are going through this. I don't know what to suggest but I wanted to give you some support. Reach out to any help offered, because it sounds like support is needed just now. Keep posting here and we will listen. Take care. *leaves hugs*
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post
So sorry to hear you are facing this. Omg. No words just now but sending lots of love your way. Forums are a bit slow/dead but do keep posting anyhow.

XXX
Lovely to hear from you again. Thanks. Will do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by small light View Post
I'm sorry to hear your circumstances are so bad at the moment. I offer hugs, cups of tea, and a listening ear..!

Stay safe during this time xx
Much appreciated.

Old 22-11-2016, 08:25 PM   #8
Stellata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellatrix View Post
Hi Katie. You've been missed.

I'm sorry you're going through this. If you feel you've been unfairly dismissed I'd definitely appeal. Otherwise is it possible to look for another job - what would you like to do?

The crisis line is there for people who are struggling, no matter what they're struggling with. You are certainly okay to call them and I really hope you can.

What medication are you on? Perhaps an increase in dose is needed, or an entirely new medication to try. Have a chat with your psych about it and see what the best route is.

I hope things settle for you soon.

I think you have my number. Feel free to text me anytime and I'll do my best to help.

Jodie x
Thanks so much Jodie. :)

I don't have your number any more, can you pm it to me?

It's more wrongful dismissal than unfair dismissal, as such. [as in the dismissal itself makes a kind of sense, the manner of it, less so] The appeal is ready to send. I read it to my therapist, and she gave it the ok - it's a relief that my case doesn't sound unreasonable. A friend said she'd comment, but she's not got back to me yet.

I'm applying for other jobs, charity admin. I'm very much constrained by the fact of No Public Facing, though I feel I could handle a bit.

I don't have a psych yet... still waiting for Single Point of Access to get back to me with the appointment. I'm on 45 mg Mirtazapine, with 1 or 2 mg Diazepam prn. So I'm on the maximum Mirtaz dose. GP was going to switch me to Sertraline a year ago, but my body freaked out with Mirtaz dose reduction so they put it on hold. In June when the work thing started to blow up I increased it back to 45 mg with their agreement. GP isn't sure re meds as Mirtaz is to help with all the stuff I need help with - depression, anxiety, appetite, sleep, and others don't do that so much. They want me to have proper psych supervision if I change meds. [I don't know if anyone remembers my coming off Venlafaxine 11 years ago? I don't think you were on RYL then, Jodie?]

Old 28-11-2016, 06:37 PM   #9
Stellata

Heh, glad you remember also!
I did Mirtaz dose reduction for a while, and that was pretty nasty.

Thanks. :) I've got a GP appointment next Tuesday, so if I've not heard by then I can see what she advises to chase.

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)