Live Help

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 30-08-2013, 10:06 PM   #1
Dying_Angel

I am currently:
CMHT

I have an assessment with CMHT on thursday.

Any idea what happens? Im really scared and soon as i open the letter first thing i wanted to do was cut myself.

Theres nothing wrong with me i really think its wasting there time

I know what it's like to want to die. How it hurts to smile. How you try to fit in but you can't. How you hurt yourself on the outside to try to kill the thing on the inside. ~ Girl Interrupted

When you dont want to feel, death seems like a dream. ~ Girl Interrupted

Dying_Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Hugs Given By :
Old 30-08-2013, 10:32 PM   #2
cloudedmind

I am currently:

All they will do is ask you a number of questions about yourself, a bit about your family, current situation etc, and symptoms.

It isn't wasting their time - they are there to assess what they can do to help you, and whether meds / certain therapy would work best :)

cloudedmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2013, 11:29 PM   #3
Dying_Angel

I am currently:

Oki thanks, will deffo be wasting there time as i dont talk to people i dont know.

My meds dont work anyways :s

I know what it's like to want to die. How it hurts to smile. How you try to fit in but you can't. How you hurt yourself on the outside to try to kill the thing on the inside. ~ Girl Interrupted

Old 31-08-2013, 12:16 AM   #4
cloudedmind

I am currently:

Perhaps write down the symptoms you need to mention / any particular things that have happened, so it's easier to remember what to say and even if it's brief it'll allow them to ask the questions they need to ask, instead of you just blurting things.

I'm assuming that's why you have an assessment hun, means they want to assess what to keep the same / change. :)

cloudedmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2013, 06:13 PM   #5
MissGranger

I am currently:

Hey I was the same I had my first assessment over a year ago, mine was with a Community Psychiatric Nurse. They just ask you a lot of questions really to try and get a good understanding of how you are how you're feeling etc. The more info you give them the better understanding they'll have and the more they'll be able to help you so just give it a go, if whatever care they offer you you don't like the sound of or try and don't like it you can always stop it just might be worth a try. Hope it goes well and it is normal to be scared but it won't be as bad as you imagine x

MissGranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2013, 11:40 PM   #6
Dying_Angel

I am currently:

I could write it down but that to me makes it more real.

Im hoping my best mate is gonna come with me

Old 02-09-2013, 12:03 PM   #7
Angelina

I am currently:

I think having someone with you who knows what is going on, knows you well and spends a lot of time with you is a good thing.

When I started going CMHT my partner came and it made life a lot easier for everyone.

Good luck, xxx

Angelina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 10:57 PM   #8
Dying_Angel

I am currently:

Thanks xx

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)