RYL Forums

Forum Jump

Old 28-08-2011, 01:58 PM   #1
babii.blu.eyes.
So ToGeThEr YeT sO bRoKeN uP iNsIdE

I am currently:
SI Question - fainting

so i cut today and compared to previous cuts this wasnt that bad..but when i dressed it then stood up everything went cold and fuzzy then i couldnt hear anything and then i fainted and when i came to i was on the bathroom floor..
i know fainting can happen with blood loss and such..but i have had worse and not fainted from that so im wondering if its normal when it wasnt that bad..compared..do i need to tell a dr?..im just worried its not normal..

we are broken - we are confused - we are scared..
together we survive - together we make it through..
aNnA~eLiZaBeTh
GeMiNi~BaBy

Old 28-08-2011, 02:32 PM   #2
Imperfect.Star

It might not be directly related to the amount of blood you'd lost. If you had lost enough to cause you to faint then you should definitely have hospital attention. However, there are other reasons for fainting...had you drunk enough? Had you eaten? Did you stand up very quickly?
Also, did anyone see you faint? It does sound like a straight forward fainting episode but there are other reasons for passing out.

Always seem to get things just that little bit wrong.

"don't wish, don't start, wishing only wounds the heart"

Old 28-08-2011, 08:44 PM   #3
Animad

If you faint then you NEED to get checked out. It's also not as simple as saying 'it's not bled as much as others and I was fine then' or similar as it may be that over recent days collectively you've lost more blood than before and that has tipped you over the edge or there may be other reasons.

Any episodes where you faint (unless you know the cause and it ISN'T due to SH/ EDs/ ODs) then you NEED to get checked out and if you know the cause then it still get checked out if you're not back to normal by the time you'd normally be or if something about it is different to what you'd usually experience (such as when most people faint they feel like they're going to beforehand but if you don't then that mean that something else was the cause).

Old 30-08-2011, 01:45 PM   #4
roiben
Insanity let loose

I am currently:

As Animad has already said, it is a good idea to get any episode of fainting checked out.

I hope you have been to see a Dr about this.

Roiben x

If the Human brain were so simple that we could understand it, we would be so simple that we wouldn't.

Emerson Pugh

My blog:
http://roiben-losttime.blogspot.com

Old 02-09-2011, 10:05 PM   #5
SoadBitches

I am currently:

It could be anything, from not eating enough or anything. You should go to the doctors, it could be serious. If you don't know what the cause is, please go get it checked out.

I know how you feel though, I have Anorexia and I faint whenever I cut. It''s horrible.

Stay strong xxx

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)