Live Help

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 12-09-2016, 02:14 AM   #1
Tigertang1010

Weird

Hey this is my first ever post so I'm not sure if I'm meant to do it this way, but anyways here goes...

Well it's really weird because I am pretty much immune to the cold, in winter I wear summer clothes while everyone else says "Oh my god, aren't you cold?" I just reply no, some of my friends say I'm not human but just as a joke, but even a lady I don't know asked me if I was cold or not because I was wearing a short netball dress and standing in the cold. Please help me, I don't know why this happens to me, this happens to nobody else in my class and it may have nothing to do with it but I'm pretty skinny too.

It would mean a lot if people reply, thanks!

Tigertang1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Hugs Given By :
Old 17-09-2016, 08:53 PM   #2
Pi.R^2
I always have a choice

I am currently:

Hello, welcome to RYL!

Different people have different levels of tolerance of temperature, so it could well just be that you deal with cold really well! How are you with heat?

If you are concerned, you could always make an appointment with your GP to discuss your concerns.

If it makes you self-conscious when people comment, you could look into some slightly 'warmer-looking' but still cool clothing for winter (e.g. light long-sleeved top), so that you might get less questions.

We’ll find a way to fight it, we always have.
It's not how tragically we suffer but how miraculously we live.

Pi.R^2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2016, 12:24 AM   #3
Heartbreak Kid
Everyone deserves the chance to fly

I second the suggestion to see your doctor if you are concerned there might be anything medically wrong with you.

Some things I cannot change
But till I try, I'll never know

Heartbreak Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 01:29 AM   #4
Steel Maiden
There is no place like 127.0.0.1

I have thermoregulatory dysfunction in that I can only feel the cold when it's sub zero Celsius (273°K). However mine is a neurological problem. I never was treated for it. But as said above, do see a dr if you're concerned.

PM me if you want a PDF copy of the ICD-10 or the Mental Health Act 1983/2007. I ALSO HAVE THE DSM-V BOOK and am a pharmacology student.

I have a visual impairment / neurological problems so I need people to type in clear text and no funny fonts. Also excuse any typos, my vision blocks things out.
I have autism and have problems communicating, PMs included.
Just becasue I type well doesn't mean I speak well. I am only part time verbal.

Steel Maiden is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)