RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 06-12-2007, 12:34 PM   #1
*Gothic*Angel*
Vets Bungle

I am currently:
hospital...

i went to the doctors yesterday and spent just under an hour with my GP discussing my asthma and all the symptoms.
by the end of the consultation i had been reffered and given an urgent appt with a thoracic medicine specalist (physician).
my doctor is querrying his own diagnosis.....this has been going on for 4 months....back and forth to the doctors to get to the bottom of whats going on....being told it was a chest infection (given antibiotics wich gave bad side effects for a month) to being told i have asthma. then to be told now that they dont know whats wrong.
the worst thing is the appt is at 9am on christmas eve and ive been told there is a good chance i will be kept in over christmas for tests to try and get to the bottom of whats going on.
im gunna have a baby by then who is only going to be a few days old. i dont know if i can handle spending xmas away from her...i know she will be in good hands as my gf will be looking after her but it wouldnt be the same....so as well as being worried about everything at the hospital i will be worrying about her aswell....

any advice? or support? or maybe even hugs?
please
lisa x

What progress, you ask, have I made? I have begun to be a friend to myself.

Hecato, Greek philosopher

last cut 23rd september
everyday i get stronger

*Gothic*Angel* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 01:42 PM   #2
sparklyshoes
Sheer

I am currently:

If you are kept in over christmas just think, that every christmas after that is going to be a bit more special. You need to put your health first and if this is the thing where they can finally get to the bottom of it it is better than waiting months and months down the line wondering what the hell is going on. Try not to get yourself too down about this mate and just hang on.There are plenty more christmas's xx

sparklyshoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 04:48 PM   #3
blondiebear
Bringing back the lost art of Sewing

I am currently:

Hi Lisa,
Ive missed you.
No advice except to take care of yourself.
Lots of (careful) hugs.

My husband is my best friend.

In forgiving others, we are not exonerating them. They may not deserve exoneration. Rather, in forgiving others we are giving up our anger over the fact that what happened is not what "should" have happened or that our life is not the way it "should" have been.

blondiebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 05:47 PM   #4
battlekitten
Fluffy Fury

Lots of hugs and SharliesShoes makes a very good point, there will be lots of other Christmases. I know that doesn't really help and it must be really hard, but I guess just try and stay positive. Perhaps you can have a second Christmas day when you get home? Vicky and the rugrat can hold off opening presents until then and you could have a really nice big turkey dinner. It'd be something nice to look forward to, to get you through it all.

I hope it all goes well hun *big hugs*
xx

Talking nonsense to the air...

battlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 05:48 PM   #5
hammy

I am currently:

Hello there
that must be so hard for you, finding it difficult to breath, thats a scary experience, and to not know exactly whats going on. I have something called a spacer which when I am really starting to struggle with breathing I can use it in conjunction with the inhaler to get the best possible results.

I dont know what advice I can give, because I can definatley understand why you would be reluctant to leave your baby. On the other hand though, like you say you know that the baby will be safe, and at least by going to hospital you will finally get your health sorted and be less stressed about it. I know some units have special rooms where mother and baby can stay together if needed. I had a friend i met in hospital who was mentally ill but allowed to keep her baby as they considered separating the two would only make matters worse (but I dont know how many of these there are, that might have been unusual??) Also I guess maybe being on your own without having to worry about baby while your in the hostpial environment might be better??

hope everything works out ok
let us know how you are
xxxx
hammy

live life to the full

hammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 11:56 AM   #6
*Gothic*Angel*
Vets Bungle

I am currently:

thanks guys,
its just scary...leaving her for the first time to go to hospital.
and the fact that even now after months they dont know whats wrong!
its just getting me down as they say they know whats wrong and then completely turn around and say they have no idea!

i will speak to the hospital and see what they can do.
but untill then i have to try not to stress so much.

thanks again for your support guys
lisa xx

What progress, you ask, have I made? I have begun to be a friend to myself.

Hecato, Greek philosopher

last cut 23rd september
everyday i get stronger

*Gothic*Angel* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 03:04 PM   #7
Nonny

They will only keep you in if it's REALLY necessary because they will have less docs on over Christmas day so they want the minimum amount of patients. So try not to get too anxious because it might not come to you staying in.

If it does mean that you have to stay in, then think of it as a good thing, if you don't get the help you need, this could kill you, and then your daughter will not have her biological mother, and she needs you. It's better to be away for one day, than her whole life. If you go to the appointment and have to stay in, then they can hopefully find out what is wrong with you and then find a way to make things easier for you.

Maybe you and your family could celebrate Christmas on the 23rd or something. Then you can all spend it together.

Hang in there.

Old 08-12-2007, 01:40 AM   #8
Mandimoo
Mummy!!

I am currently:

could they put you on a ward with other new mothers so you could have beth with you? mand x

Mand, South Wales, Full-time working, single mother to 2 scarily independent girls.
I AM A PROUD PLUMERIA SISTER

Mand x

Mandimoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)