Post New Thread  Reply
Old 23-11-2007, 01:57 PM   #1
*Gothic*Angel*
Vets Bungle

I am currently:
Triggering (SI) - who does she think she is?.....*updated again*

hi,
im so pissed off right now...
i dont know why ive let this get to me so much but it has...

i hve been going to the doctors for the lst three months trying to figure out with them whatthe hell is wrong with my chest because i hd been unable to breath at times and was even taken to hospital because of it....
i have eventually found out after constant doctors appointments and hospital tests that i have asthma. (after my gp and the a&e docs said it was a chest infection/pneumonia and 4 weeks of antibiotics)
and i am on the blue inhaler for it.
thing is....its not really doing anything for it apart from releaving the initial symptoms of an asthma attack.....im taking it 4+times a day.....now ive been to the doctors over it and told them and they did that thing where u blow into that tuby thing and it says the strength of whatever it is....(sorry i aint too good at remembering whts it called) nd it was 400 wich i have been told is really bad....so they are waiting to see how i go this week until they give me the brown inhaler wich i have to use everyday morning and night......
the doctors keep telling me to go bck and see them every week wich is what ive been doing.....as they want to monitor it closly as im pregnant....
and not only that i need to go back for sicknotes in order to get my money from the social due to depression.....

i rang the surgery to make another appointment for tuesday as directed by my doctor...
the receptionist was very rude and said you have been coming to see the doctor regularly lisa and you have already been this week.....im concerned and dont think you should make any more appointments as its taking these appointments form other patients!!!
when i explained to her it was for sick note so i can get paid she said appt tuesday at 8:40am and put the phone down....
now when i had the appontment with the doctor this week she pulled me up and said are u going for the same thing cos its getting ridiculas....rattled off the dates of appointments ive had before and said i was going too often...even though my doctors have been asking me to come back everyweek,....not only that but when i was on antibiotics i had bad side effects and they needed changing...all this is on the system and even the doctor has put a note on saying that if i make an appointment then thats fine due to the seriousness of why im making one....but she then went off on one and said i hope your not going into speakto them about the same things you have been and told me not to....

i went into see the doctor and i didntmention anything about my breathlessness or the inhalers but something completely different that i was concerned about...(ive had these spots things comeup on my fingers and wanted to check them out cos they have been there a week and not gone...apperently they are normal during pregnancy)
the DOCTOR then asked me how my chest/breathing was and asked if the inhaler was helping!!

now this really pissed me off....how dare she dictate to me when i can and cannot see my GP.......its made me even more pissed off with the fact its the GP who wants to see me and is telling me to make the appt's to see them......she was so rude and horrible to me.....i mean when she pulled me up in the surgery she did it in front of everybody.....tottaly embarrased me and made me out to be completely paranoid.

i want to put a complaint in cos other people have had her attitude as well........so im not the only one....the thing is im so pissed off and angry and wanted to cut.....really i did..and if my gf hdnt been here i would have......

has she no consideration at all......

Last edited by *Gothic*Angel* : 06-12-2007 at 12:17 PM.

What progress, you ask, have I made? I have begun to be a friend to myself.

Hecato, Greek philosopher

last cut 23rd september
everyday i get stronger

*Gothic*Angel* is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Hugs Given By :
Old 23-11-2007, 01:59 PM   #2
*Gothic*Angel*
Vets Bungle

I am currently:

sorry for rambling on

last cut 23rd september
everyday i get stronger

Old 23-11-2007, 04:42 PM   #3
~*forever_broken*~
You should just give up on me. I would.

I am currently:

Good lord! What in the world is the matter with that woman?! That is ABSOLUTLY uncalled for!! Shes a RECEPTIONIST for heaven sake, it's none of her business! She's supposed to take down appointments and cancelations and the like, thats it!
You should DEF put in a complaint, that sort of behavior is COMPLEATLY uncalled for!!

*cough* that's my rightious indignation for the day, lol. Good lord, I really can't believe that...

Take care hun.

Alyssa

I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle, but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
~ Marilyn Monroe

~*forever_broken*~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2007, 05:05 PM   #4
blondiebear
Bringing back the lost art of Sewing

I am currently:

What a wretched woman that receptionist is. you should certainly report her. You are just doing what the doctor told you to do.

Let me preface this by saying i'm not a know it all! I just have asthma too!
I'm sorry you have the problems with the asthma! Is it a relief that they finally figured out what it is?

See if the doc can arrange for you to get your own peak flow meter, at least that's what they're called here, that way you can keep track of your own asthma better.

Your "blue inhaler" is what is called (here) an emergency inhaler. If that helps, use it. That's what it is there for. The other for daily use should make it so you won't need your emergency inhaler very often.

Hugs from your ryl daughter!

My husband is my best friend.

In forgiving others, we are not exonerating them. They may not deserve exoneration. Rather, in forgiving others we are giving up our anger over the fact that what happened is not what "should" have happened or that our life is not the way it "should" have been.

blondiebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2007, 05:10 PM   #5
Stellata

There must be an NHS complaints procedure...

Stellata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2007, 05:29 PM   #6
*Gothic*Angel*
Vets Bungle

I am currently:

i have no idea what the complaints precedure is.....
i have spoken to a few people this afternoon that use the same surgery and lets just say she isnt very well liked for her attitude.....

i think some of us are going to make a complaint about her....as she has had a bad attitude for some time from what i have been told (from family members that use the same surgery)....even before i registered at the surgery.

last cut 23rd september
everyday i get stronger

Old 23-11-2007, 05:51 PM   #7
*Gothic*Angel*
Vets Bungle

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondiebear View Post
Is it a relief that they finally figured out what it is?
yeah its a massive releif.....now i know wahts up i can learn to control itmyself and learn the warning signs.

last cut 23rd september
everyday i get stronger

Old 23-11-2007, 06:24 PM   #8
hammy

I am currently:

wow, that receptionist it totally out of order, I completly agree with everyone else, you should report her if you can. Definately ignore what she has said to you, you are only following the doctors orders after all. As a patient you have every right to see the doc as much as you feel you need to.

I'm sorry about the asthma, not a nice thing to experience, but on the pluss like you say, now you know what it is and can learn to control it.

you should definately ask for the brown inhaler,i have a purple one :)... then you just take it morning and night automatically, no hassle, and, like brushing your teeth...hopefully that means you wont need the blue one half as much :) If you do still need the blue/emergency one lots then dont hesitate to go back to the doc.

Like blondie said, having your own peak flow metre can really help too. You should be able to keep a chart of how you are doing, that way you can keep a check on things and you know when its starting to get bad again. Ask the doc to prescribe you the metre on prescription.

If you're finding it hard to breathe at night due to chesty symtoms, perhaps use an extra pillow to hold you up more so it doesnt all settle on your chest.

wrap up warm when you go outside if its cold where you are....i find the cold air worsens it,dont know about you, but i use a scarf to cover my mouth a bit. If the chest infection symtoms dont go away do go back to the doc, i get this a lot and am prescribed steroids which takes away the inflamation.

oh yes, and might be an idea if you ask whether you should be having the flu vaccination this year. will prevent you from having asthma problems due to flu.

well i've rampled on long enough. sorry if you knew all of the above already.
you're very welcome to pm me.

take care xxx
hammy

live life to the full

hammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2007, 01:22 AM   #9
blondiebear
Bringing back the lost art of Sewing

I am currently:

My daily maintainence inhaler is purple too. My emergency one has changed from white to red. The red ones have a different propellent, not cfc's.

As you get used to taking care of your asthma, you'll learn if there is anything specifically that triggers it. Mine can be mildly triggered by exercise and it just is awful when i get a cold. Sometimes if I know i'm going someplace or doing something that can make my asthma act up, i'll just use the emergency inhaler a few minutes ahead of time, or when i have a cold i won't hesitate to use it when i need it.

I totally agree with Hammy about the flu shot. It may not be appropriate this year with Bethany, but after that definately I'm one of those people when ther is a severe shortage of flu shots, my medical group calls me in and takes a dose out of the vault...(blush) which is because of the asthma.

sorry i've gone on so long.
Loving hugs, blondie

My husband is my best friend.

In forgiving others, we are not exonerating them. They may not deserve exoneration. Rather, in forgiving others we are giving up our anger over the fact that what happened is not what "should" have happened or that our life is not the way it "should" have been.

blondiebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2007, 04:47 PM   #10
*Gothic*Angel*
Vets Bungle

I am currently:

thansk for the advice guys......
im doing everything i can...on a night i have 4 pillows to prop me up as i find it hard to breath....its exercise that gets me,....even if im just walking to the shop.
and the cold is definatley making it worse.....
i wrap up jumper, jacket, coat, hat, scarf and gloves.
and i still need to use the inhaler regular......ive told the doctor this....they dont seem too worried atm but ive told them its like this all the time....they just want to see how i go with the blue one wich tbh isnt doing very much at all......

as for the receptionist im going to speak to the practice manager on tuesday when i have my appt.
see what she has to say.
its an official complaint so hopefully something will be done about her.

last cut 23rd september
everyday i get stronger

Old 24-11-2007, 11:04 PM   #11
Mandimoo
Mummy!!

I am currently:

you can get the flu shot during pregnancy and it is actualy reccomended that pregnant women whose 2nd or 3rd trimesters fall into autumn or winter have the shot. Also, i heard that whole families can be vacinated to protect the baby who is too young for the shot.
mand x

Mand, South Wales, Full-time working, single mother to 2 scarily independent girls.
I AM A PROUD PLUMERIA SISTER

Mand x

Mandimoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2007, 02:04 PM   #12
*Gothic*Angel*
Vets Bungle

I am currently:

well i went to the doctors today...
have lodged a complaint with the practice manager.
she has told me to write what she has said down on paper.
plus vicky needs to write down what she has heard her say.
then hand it to the practice manager and then she will set up a meeting with everyone to discuss what happens next and what should be done about this.

i went to see the doctor about my ashtma and to discuss about the next step for the regular inhaler.
she said the asthma hasnt been confirmed yet and i need a lung capacity test. (its the first time ive seen her and she doest work at the surgery very often)
was very reluctant to give me a new emergancy inhaler because of this reason....(in the end she gave me 2).

then comes the icing on the cake so to speak....she rang me at home and said she had booked me into the asthma clinic on my due date!!
i told her this and she just said well thats the next available appt till after christmas and that if i couldnt make it then i need to ring up on that day in the morning to tell them!!

i dont know what to do with this GP practice.
they dont seem very communicative with each other and it doesnt look like they read notes either!!

ok rant over for now!

last cut 23rd september
everyday i get stronger

Old 29-11-2007, 02:49 PM   #13
battlekitten
Fluffy Fury

Oh my god! there's much more I'd like to say but it involves lots of swearing on your behalf and I don't think the mods would like that very much.

They sound like real....no swearing, right.

Anyway, I'm sorry you're having such a hard time with them, you really don't need it right now (not that there's a good time for them to be so fu...no swearing)

*gentle hugs and an extra scarf for keeping warm*

Talking nonsense to the air...

battlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2007, 03:02 PM   #14
*Gothic*Angel*
Vets Bungle

I am currently:

i am really pissed off at them atm.....im so angry that they can be like this. i would change gp's but it took me 7 weeks to register there cos my proof of address wasnt good enough!!
and im not sure of any other surgery's that cover this area!

makes me not want to go and see them again!

last cut 23rd september
everyday i get stronger

Old 29-11-2007, 06:38 PM   #15
Nat
Face from the past

I am currently:

You must insist that you see the same Dr you must insist that something is done people in Drs surgeries are ***** and well if you can make one complaint and get one ingnoramus away all the better.
Good luck lovely

Nat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2007, 07:35 PM   #16
hammy

I am currently:

very glad you mannaged to get the inhalers you need.

cant believe the attitude of your surgery though.

huggles you better xxx

live life to the full

hammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2007, 10:08 PM   #17
Mandimoo
Mummy!!

I am currently:

aww lisa, at least something is happening about the receptionist. we go to an out of area GP, technically its in a different county (next village is caerphilly, we're newport) but it is the closest one to us. it does sometimes mean we have to go to caerphilly if they refer us though, matt's psych is in caerphilly and only comes to our surgery once in 6 weeks.
mand x

Mand, South Wales, Full-time working, single mother to 2 scarily independent girls.
I AM A PROUD PLUMERIA SISTER

Mand x

Mandimoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2007, 11:18 AM   #18
*Gothic*Angel*
Vets Bungle

I am currently:

i would have seen my normal GP but he was off work ill.
he was the one that always insisted that i make appt with him.
wich made it easier for me cos then i didnt need to go over everything again with someone else!
its getting ridiculas how they are being!!

last cut 23rd september
everyday i get stronger

Old 30-11-2007, 02:59 PM   #19
user_friendly

I am currently:

ACk they sound horrible!! if the receptionist dares have ago at you again just tell her 'and what medical degree did you get to be able to make that diagnosis' or just tell her your making a officall complaint people tend to shut up if they know u are not just gonna sit there n take it. why do people allways have to buly the weaker (im not saying ur weak at all).

user_friendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2007, 05:44 PM   #20
pea soup

I am currently:

just offering my love and support.
sounds like youve been through hell and im so sorry.
much love.
xxxxxxxxx

pea soup is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)