Post New Thread  Reply
Old 20-10-2007, 03:17 PM   #1
*Gothic*Angel*
Vets Bungle

I am currently:
help....please *updated*

hey,
dont know why im posting this.

im sat at the computer crying......my fiancee has gone out shopping with her mum and family friend sarah!
she wanted me to go with them but i just feel so weak. im on antibiotics for a chest infection and ive been on them for nearly a month!

ive lost interest in things that i used to love.
dont really feel like going out any more!
i hide myself away in the bedroom....even though i dont need to.
i just dont feel like interacting with other people much atm.
i wont even walk to the shop on ym own anymore or try and avoid going altogether!
my fiancee brings me food and drink because i wont go downstairs and get them myself because i would probably bump into other people on the landing!

i dunno what to do anymore!

Last edited by *Gothic*Angel* : 24-10-2007 at 12:45 PM.

What progress, you ask, have I made? I have begun to be a friend to myself.

Hecato, Greek philosopher

last cut 23rd september
everyday i get stronger

*Gothic*Angel* is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Hugs Given By :
Old 20-10-2007, 04:43 PM   #2
-Tough-Cookie-
Life is a contradiction at times - as am I

I am currently:

Hun they are all classic symptoms of depression and there is so much help out there for you but you need to reach out for it - how about seeing your GP?

“Toughness is in the soul and spirit, not in muscles.”
----
----

-Tough-Cookie- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2007, 04:45 PM   #3
Margo

I am currently:

^^^ Agreed!
Make sure theres a big cuddle waiting for you when they get back!! Ooh and tea! hot tea solves all!!!

Matthew xxx

~Phoenix~ is my Little Sister of Awesomeness and Self-Delusion :P
Bitter Angel is my Mitten
Animad is my Top Trump
All Im Living For - Is my beautiful and special daughter who isnt called Kim but will moan if i dont add her :P

Margo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2007, 04:52 PM   #4
*Gothic*Angel*
Vets Bungle

I am currently:

im going to the doctors on monday....but ive just started using the surgery because of moving and i dont know the doctors that well.....it would be easier if i knew them a bit more....

last cut 23rd september
everyday i get stronger

Old 20-10-2007, 05:41 PM   #5
~*forever_broken*~
You should just give up on me. I would.

I am currently:

Totally agree with the other two...esp Matthews hot tea suggestion (being the odd American that believes a good cup of strong, hot tea fixes everything)...
*big cuddles* (they're much nicer when they're over the internet sometimes huh?)
xxxx
Alyssa

I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle, but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
~ Marilyn Monroe

~*forever_broken*~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2007, 06:11 PM   #6
*Gothic*Angel*
Vets Bungle

I am currently:

my girl has given me loads of cuddles since she got back home =)

and we have lots of chocolate so prob gunna snuggle up and watch tv for the rest of the night.

and yeh they are nicer over the internet sometimes.....but nobody can beat the cuddles vicky gives me.

last cut 23rd september
everyday i get stronger

Old 21-10-2007, 12:11 AM   #7
Mandimoo
Mummy!!

I am currently:

hey hunny, have you ever heard of pre-natal depression? its depression caused by your hormones and is as common as post-natal depression but not so well publicised. it can be more common in women who have suffered depression in the past (as can post natal depression so keep an eye out).

please go see the dr, and take vicky with you. give her a list of things you want to say so if you aren't able she can say them for you or give it to the dr. love and cuddles to all 3 of you,
mand x

Mand, South Wales, Full-time working, single mother to 2 scarily independent girls.
I AM A PROUD PLUMERIA SISTER

Mand x

Mandimoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2007, 04:10 AM   #8
blondiebear
Bringing back the lost art of Sewing

I am currently:

i've heard that chicken soup is a natural antibiotic. it is bland too. getting extra fluids can do nothing but help. watch the caffeine in the tea though, it might dehydrate you.
where you are is there some kind of mentholated ointment, the kind that you spread on your chest? It is called "Vicks vap-o-rub" here. I don't put it on my skin at all but instead when i'm sick with some kind of cold or respratory infection, put it on the shower head when i shower. that way i get nice medicinal steam that makes me feel a bit better. of course you or you doc know how it might affect the baby.
give yourself permission to rest to get over this. if you don't use energy trying to do things, your body will have more energy to fight the infection.

wishing you a speedy recovery,
hugs, susan

My husband is my best friend.

In forgiving others, we are not exonerating them. They may not deserve exoneration. Rather, in forgiving others we are giving up our anger over the fact that what happened is not what "should" have happened or that our life is not the way it "should" have been.

blondiebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2007, 03:37 PM   #9
Mandimoo
Mummy!!

I am currently:

hey lisa, vicks is a good idea (it is called the same here), you can use it in a bowl of hot water and stick a towel over your head, it can sometimes loosen a bad chest and help the phlegm to start clearing.

mand x

Mand, South Wales, Full-time working, single mother to 2 scarily independent girls.

Mand x

Old 21-10-2007, 09:02 PM   #10
pea soup

I am currently:

just wanted to show my support.
i have no words and for that im sorry.
much love.
xx

pea soup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2007, 12:44 PM   #11
*Gothic*Angel*
Vets Bungle

I am currently:

im making an appintment for the doctors on monday as i need to go and see them after this course of antibiotics....i dont know what to say to them though!
do i tell them what ive said in here?
do i write it down?
what if they say nothing is wrong?

*getting scared now*

last cut 23rd september
everyday i get stronger

Old 24-10-2007, 01:31 PM   #12
battlekitten
Fluffy Fury

I don't think they'll tell you nothing is wrong, and even if they do you are entitled to a second opinion, because clearly something is wrong and it's something that's not your fault and that you can get help for, just like your chest infection.

Different people prefer different approaches with doctors, just do whatever you need to do to explain how you feel. You could write some bullet points down and rehearse them to talk to the doctor about, or if you are really nervous you can just go in and explain your very anxious and could they please just read something that you've prepared before.

Seriously, everything you said in your first post sounds like classic symptoms of depression, so I really think you should find some way to talk to your doctor about it; mention losing interest in things and not being able to go out.

It's really hard to reach out and ask for help so well done in deciding to talk to someone and a *big hug* for being so brave. Good luck, let us know how it goes.

Talking nonsense to the air...

battlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2007, 04:33 PM   #13
~*forever_broken*~
You should just give up on me. I would.

I am currently:

I'd show the doc your first post here...describes it pretty well...if they don't see depression there (I guess we here may recognise it better from experience but...) then they're one french fry short of a happy meal...
They won't tell you that nothings wrong...and if they do, push it! Tell them you know somethings wrong and you need some help. Write it all down if it helps...
*hugs*
Take care sweetie.
Much love
Alyssa

I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle, but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
~ Marilyn Monroe

~*forever_broken*~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2007, 06:27 PM   #14
Mandimoo
Mummy!!

I am currently:

*hugs* good luck hunny, mand x

Mand x

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)