Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-11-2007, 08:17 PM   #1
Broken-Fairy
Pm me anytime.

I am currently:
Article

[FONT='Palatino Linotype','serif']Article[/font]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']It is never too late to be what you might have been.[/font]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']- [/font][FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']George Eliot [/font][FONT='Palatino Linotype','serif'][/font]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif'] [/font]
[FONT='Palatino Linotype','serif']The quote above is true. It’s never too late for anything that you want to do.[/font]
[FONT='Palatino Linotype','serif'][/font]
[FONT='Palatino Linotype','serif'] Within the last 12 months, I have changed quite a bit, and it’s all down to this site. When I first came here, I was depressed, I was suicidal, I didn’t know who I was anymore, and I came here, and at first I was like I want to change. Then suddenly it was like I didn’t want to change and that all I was after was sympathy. And I know now, that it probably wasn’t the best way to be, so I knew I had to change. It all carried on for about another 8 months or so, and I was slowly getting better. But it all happened about two months ago. One Saturday I was in the bistro, and I finally got what everyone had been telling me for months, that it was me that had the keys to all the doors I had been keeping shut for most of my life. That I was in charge of my own destiny and that I was the one that was stopping myself being happy. You could say, what about the people that were in your life, didn’t they have a part in it, aren’t they the ones that are stopping those doors opening. The answer is no, they may help close the doors that are stopping me from being happy, but I am in charge of either letting those people ruin my life, or start trusting in the people in my life now, and do what ever I can to open those doors. It won’t matter if it happens in one day, a week, or in a few months. But the journey on opening those doors is more important, because along the way you get to learn about yourself, and remember who you are, and remember all the happy memories you have probably forgot about the good memories, because you can only remember the bad. But the bad memories you know happened but it’s what you do now, that matters, YOU are in charge of your life, not anyone else. I took charge of my life, I went to the doctors for the 3rd time, after they told me I was too young for medication, I took control, I took charge, because I knew if I didn’t make the changes in my life, I would spend years unhappy, years not doing what I wanted to do, because I didn’t have the confidence, the self esteem to do anything about it. Well I still don’t have all my confidence back, but I’m on the road to getting it back; I made the choice of being myself, loving who I am. And you got to listen to you, and ask yourself what you want. You can choose to be unhappy, or choose to be happy, and not care if some people put you down. Just learn to accept you, learn to love the person inside. Take one day at a time, u may get knocked from time to time but it’s what you do about it, that makes the difference, take each day as it comes, and you will soon become the happier you that you have always wanted to be. Accept yourself, and change for you and no one else. [/font]
[FONT='Palatino Linotype','serif']Love yourself for who you are, not for what you have.[/font]
[FONT='Palatino Linotype','serif']I thought I’d end it on this note, it’s a poem I have recently wrote, and it goes pretty well with what I have wrote today. I hope that you will enjoy reading it as much as I did writing it. [/font]
[FONT='Palatino Linotype','serif']To shine[/font]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']When you reach the bottom, reach for the sky
When you feel lonely, surround yourself with people that care
When you decide enough is enough, reach for that inner strength
When the path you're taking is blocked, find another route
When you doubt yourself, remember who you are
When everything has gone wrong, don’t let it tear you down
Let yourself cry, let all the pain out
Forgive yourself, for all the mistakes you've made
Listen to your heart, it will guide the way
Listen to your head, listen to yourself
Do what you want to do, don't let anyone cloud the view
Smile, and you'll feel it too
The love that you could share, if you really wanted to.
Let today be a good day, don't let anyone put you down
Today is the day
It's the day, where you can all shine[/font]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']All my Love [/font]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Kylie [/font][FONT='Palatino Linotype','serif'][/font]

Broken-Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 12:16 AM   #2
Critically Wounded

Very inspirational. Sometimes others do knock you down, sometimes you might not be able to see a way back up. Taking charge of your emotions and how you deal with those around you and society in general is a hard and important lesson to learn. It's not always going to be easy, but it's achieveable.

Critically Wounded is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)