RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 09-09-2017, 05:19 PM   #1
Lego

I am currently:
Contains sexual abuse - Preparing for counselling

I've been attending counselling for abuse for a few weeks now and theres no structure to it and i struggle with bringing things up to talk about. How do i know what i want to talk about when its all so painful?
Does anyone have experience about preparing for counselling? Ive talked about the easy things and cant move further.
The counsellor doesnt push me which is good but i do want to talk.

Lego is offline   Reply With Quote
One Hug Given By:
Old 10-09-2017, 08:18 PM   #2
Pi.R^2
Pathologically flamboyant

I am currently:

Hello,

So pleased to hear that you've been going for some counselling; it must feel like a scary prospect but hopefully it'll be really worth it.

Do you feel you can trust the counsellor, now you've had a few sessions? If so, maybe it is time to try to push forward into the things that are really tricky to talk about. Perhaps you could say to the counsellor that you're feeling a bit stuck and are struggling to guide your sessions towards the harder stuff. Then they will hopefully talk you through what options there are to support you in opening up about it. Maybe it might be easier at first for you to write some stuff down in your own time and make it available at a sessions for them to read so that they have an idea of what went on in your past and can then guide you through talking about it.

Wishing you all the best with the counselling.

No other sadness in the world would do

Pi.R^2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)