RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 04-11-2016, 01:46 PM   #1
Bellatrix
Voldemort's Bitch

I am currently:
Employment Support Thread

A place for those in employment, or looking for employment to get support and guidance.

Credit to those at the recent London meet for coming up with this idea with me

Imperfection is underrated.

Bellatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
One Hug Given By:
Old 04-11-2016, 03:14 PM   #2
Sooty
Sophie

I am currently:

I was there and I was a part of this idea! :D

So I had a job interview today. It was for admin for a construction and road surfacing company. It's a lot better paid than I currently work and better hours however I'm not sure if I should go for it if I'm offered the job.

The interview went really well but I haven't heard anything yet.

I'm not sure if mentally I'm ready to have a big change. I mean my current job doesn't have enough work for me and I sit around each day mind numbingly bored but I've got a lot going on personally so I'm not sure if I get offered the job whether it would be advisory to take it.

Sophie.x

Soon... Now will be then...Today will be yesterday... Present will be past...And thought will be memory... So...Live for the future! Make your future how you want it!

Sooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 03:56 PM   #3
[Luna]

I like this idea!

I'm both in paid and voluntary employment. My aim is to work full time eventually.

Let us go then you and I, when the evening is spread out against the sky, like a patient etherized upon a table
- T.S. Elliot

[Luna] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 06:04 PM   #4
Fire Fly
Feel free to be yourself

I am currently:

I had two interviews today :/. Completely wiped out pretending everything is funkydory. Hopefully I'll get one job as I hare my current job. One of them is working for Retjink one of there crisis houses and the other interview was as a hca at the Priory. X

Ballerina123 - My lovely superstar

Call me R -

The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time - Abraham Lincoln

Fire Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 06:05 PM   #5
Sooty
Sophie

I am currently:

Best of luck Fire Fly. I hope you get good news on one of them. If you were offered both, which one would you rather?

Sophie.x

Soon... Now will be then...Today will be yesterday... Present will be past...And thought will be memory... So...Live for the future! Make your future how you want it!

Old 04-11-2016, 06:06 PM   #6
Sketchy

I am currently:

Thank you for starting this. I'm unable to work and often feel very ashamed after having always worked. I'm hoping to work towards voluntary or part time work in the near future.

Sketchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 06:32 PM   #7
[Luna]

What does everyone do/hope to do?

Let us go then you and I, when the evening is spread out against the sky, like a patient etherized upon a table
- T.S. Elliot

Old 04-11-2016, 06:39 PM   #8
Sooty
Sophie

I am currently:

I got an email today from the company I interviewed for this morning saying it's down to me and one other. They want to employ us both and wondered if either of us would be willing to take a position 50 miles away. I said I wouldn't want to travel that far so I guess I'm just waiting to see if they pick me or this other person - that's if the other person also said no to the position 50 miles away.

Sophie.x

Old 04-11-2016, 06:42 PM   #9
[Luna]

I really hope you get the job Sophie. Do you know roughly when you'll find out? What company was it?

- T.S. Elliot

Old 04-11-2016, 07:09 PM   #10
Nymphadora Tonks

*joins the club of people that witnessed this in London* :P

I know how soul destroying job hunting can be, well done on getting interviews everyone.

Sophie, do you think if offered, you'll instinctively know whether change is right for you or not right now?

Well done Fire Fly, both similar lines of work, which are you leaning towards?

Sketchy I felt the same, it stopped me from keeping up with friends because I was ashamed I still hadn't found work. What kind of voluntary/part time work would you be interested in?

How are you finding work's going Emma?

'What came first, the phoenix or the flame?'
'I think the answer is that a circle has no beginning'

Nymphadora Tonks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 07:12 PM   #11
[Luna]

It had been going really well, I enjoying working with the students and the staff are great and fun to work with. I look forward to going back but it will be quite gradual.

How about you Tonks?

- T.S. Elliot

Old 04-11-2016, 07:22 PM   #12
Nymphadora Tonks

Your stories of rapping with them sounds awesome! Going gradually sounds sensible <3 I hope they are understanding about it

I've found work that's really flexible around the fact I'm in uni at times and on placement at other times throughout the year with no real pattern to it. I do extra days late notice if she needs and she is really good with understanding about when on placement I won't be able to do as many days.

I was out of work for quite a few months a few years ago and remember how hard it was to keep up momentum and motivation to job search when there were hardly any jobs at the time!

Old 04-11-2016, 07:32 PM   #13
Sketchy

I am currently:

Thanks Tonks. Before I got unwell I worked as a freelance artist. It involved a lot of community work, teaching art workshops. I'd like to go back to that.

Old 04-11-2016, 07:34 PM   #14
Serendipity.
fabulous.

That sounds great Tonks, it can be so hard to find work that fits in with other commitments, so it's nice that you have :) Do you enjoy your job?

Going back really gradually sounds like a good plan Luna. I'm glad it was going well and I hope that, when you're ready, it will be a positive thing for you and help you start feeling better.

Good luck Sophie, I have my fingers crossed for you!

Sketchy (Lorraine? Sorry! Fail at names!) you have nothing to be ashamed of. Being unable to work is no reflection on you as a person. Starting off with voluntary work sounds like a good idea, and I've found with volunteering they can often be more flexible with needing days off and things. Do you know what kind of thing you would like to do?

Fire Fly, two interviews in one day is a lot! I hope you're able to relax this evening. I hope you do get one of the jobs. What do you not like about your current job?

I work and I really like my job, but I have another. ****ing. night shift. tonight and I just cannot. I could cry.

"I know you're sad, so I won't tell you to have a good day. Instead, I advise you to simply have a day.
Stay alive, feed yourself well, wear comfortable clothes, and don't give up on yourself just yet.
It'll get better. Until then, have a day."

Serendipity. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 07:34 PM   #15
Serendipity.
fabulous.

That sounds awesome Sketchy :)

"I know you're sad, so I won't tell you to have a good day. Instead, I advise you to simply have a day.
Stay alive, feed yourself well, wear comfortable clothes, and don't give up on yourself just yet.
It'll get better. Until then, have a day."

Serendipity. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 07:36 PM   #16
Sketchy

I am currently:

Thank you. Yip, it's Lorraine

Old 04-11-2016, 07:39 PM   #17
Nymphadora Tonks

Would gradually building up an online business be an alternative option? I have a few friends who sell their own artwork online. Teaching in person must be really fun.

Old 04-11-2016, 07:41 PM   #18
Sketchy

I am currently:

That's an idea thanks.

Old 04-11-2016, 07:41 PM   #19
Nymphadora Tonks

Ooh ninja Hannah! I remember you dislike night shifts? They can really throw any semblance of a pattern you've gained right off! How often do you get rota'd for them? Glad you're enjoying it :)

I really like it, nice mix and change from the placement environment, keeps things mixed up!

Old 04-11-2016, 07:42 PM   #20
Sketchy

I am currently:

And yes, teaching was fun.

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)