RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 21-06-2019, 12:08 AM   #1
star runner

I am currently:
Urgent advice needed please help

I am currently on a section 3 on an acute mh ward. Only been here 3 nights but refused to take meds so far
There has been talk of IM or depot but I am on lithium and amitriptyline so that is not available. What is likely to happen. Could i just get discharged?

star runner is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Hugs Given By :
Old 21-06-2019, 01:25 AM   #2
not_so_insig
It's Bouquet! B-U-C-K-E-T!

I am currently:

Unfortunately if you refuse to take meds they can force a depot on you as section 3 is a treatment section. If you continue to refuse treatment they will do it by force if necessary.

Similarly you cannot be discharged until you come off your section and this will not happen until you are either stable on a depot or you start taking oral medications as prescribed. The quickest way to be discharged is to work with the medical staff there. That includes taking medication. Once discharged you may be subjected to a CTO. You can't discharge yourself whilst under a section.

I know that it's easy for me to say take meds. If you have any concerns either post here or preferably talk to your named nurse.

Wannabe CPN : -)
"He who is tired of Weird Al is tired of life." - Homer Simpson
"I hear those voices that will not be drowned"
Sanity is a nasty disease. The world would be a happier place without it. - Rilic
RIP Kat 4th July 1987- 11th June 2013

not_so_insig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2019, 02:29 AM   #3
not_so_insig
It's Bouquet! B-U-C-K-E-T!

I am currently:

In addition to what has been said above I looked and found at least 1 antipsychotic that's available as a depot that can be safely taken with the meds you have listed. So there's the option of depot available if necessary so your current meds shouldn't be a barrier to them forcing a depot. I am no doctor so there may be more than 1 depot available as an option to them.

Wannabe CPN : -)
"He who is tired of Weird Al is tired of life." - Homer Simpson
"I hear those voices that will not be drowned"
Sanity is a nasty disease. The world would be a happier place without it. - Rilic
RIP Kat 4th July 1987- 11th June 2013

not_so_insig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2019, 12:18 PM   #4
star runner

I am currently:

Thank you so much for your replies. I took my lithium and aripiprizole very late last night but have to say I feel horrendous and very scared.

star runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 12:35 AM   #5
Auror.
Camden

How are you doing now? I hope taking your meds helped and that your fears were able to lessen in intensity some.

Please do not give me virtual hugs unless you are only using the hug function on threads. Thanks.

You can't always keep it separate.
This is happening, this is part of you.

Auror. is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)