RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 23-01-2013, 02:15 PM   #1
rachaellostinlife

I am currently:
Is my paranoia related to my ED?

Just wondering if people feel the same... Today i have so many thoughts and feelings going around my brain ...im just at work sat and dinner

Ive been feeling paranoid.. I.e walking into a room and automatically think someone is talking about me ..

I feel like no one likes me and im not worthy of friendships .. When people are nice to me i just think theyre being fake ... Ive judy been really bad today, is anyone else the same with relationships with other people?

I just don't know if it could be linked to my ED that's all

life is a journey and we all need to live it

rachaellostinlife is offline   Reply With Quote
One Hug Given By:
Old 23-01-2013, 05:01 PM   #2
Hevs

I am currently:

I think i know what you mean and can relate to some extent. I used to think that if someone was laughing, it was at me or that people were staring at me, especially when i was really ill. I think with me its because i have very low self confidence. im not sure. I also have social anxiety as well as my ED though so im not too sure, maybe there could be a link.
anyway, it is not true that no one likes you- we all like you on here and i am sure people you know love you.x

a journey of a thousand miles begins with one single step

Hevs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2013, 05:17 PM   #3
rachaellostinlife

I am currently:

Awwww thanks :) think its just my severe low self confidence .. Which has also been a major contributing factor to my ED .. IM just going through a phase of questioning everyone .. Etc .. I don't really feel worthy of anything it gets quite frustrating and just wondered if anyone went through similar things .. IM just constantly on edge xx

Old 23-01-2013, 06:25 PM   #4
Ballerina123
XXX

I am currently:

It could be linked to your ED however this happens to people without EDs too so it likely it is a feeling you have alongside your ED.

My friend use to get the same feelings as you a lot and she didnt have an ED. it was put down to social anxiety and low self esteem.

Either way if it is really starting effect your life speak to your doctor about it.

all the best.

The average,
well-adjusted adult
gets up at 7.30am feeling just plain terrible.

Call me Kate.

I have dyslexia so please excuse my poor spelling and sometimes poor understanding.

Ballerina123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2013, 06:29 PM   #5
Uglyducklin

I am currently:

Hey Rach I'm sorry I'm low on words but I agree with what the others have said. Here if you want to talk about it x

Uglyducklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2013, 06:55 PM   #6
Alone and Scared
*Roby and Allie's Angel!*

I am currently:

I really struggle with 'Everyone hates me, I've done something wrong, people are made at me, everyone is going to give up on me because I'm not good enough and I am a worthless human being' type thoughts.

I think it's probably to do with low self esteem and not feeling very good about yourself. I find it very hard to decipher what is real and what is me being paranoid, but the staff tell me that if I can't find a reason as to why I think people are being weird with me, then they probably aren't. It's more likely my head is trying to make me feel worse about myself so that I shut people out, feel lonely and fall backwards.

You're not alone in how you feel. I spent the majority of the weekend really, really worrying which all ended up with me crying all of last night and being in a complete panic/paranoid state - therefore being with staff till 1am as I didn't know what to do with myself. Once I calmed down though, I listened to what she was saying.

The reality is, if you are feeling bad about yourself, the negative part of your brain will automatically use anything it can to try to make you feel worse.... Don't listen. <3 If people had a problem with you, they'd tell you, people tend to be quite upfront about things. If you've done nothing wrong, you can't find a reason for why you feel the way you do and all of those things then it is likely to be the way your mind is working. xxxxxx

-“And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight inside the bud was more painful than the risk it took to bloom.” Anais Nin-

Allie, Mutt, Great Grandma, Hope and Humbug. I love you and miss you all. xx
Love you Caz, Kel, Roby &&Dasher. xx

Alone and Scared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2013, 09:24 PM   #7
Isoverity

I am currently:

People have an intuitive knowing about right and wrong. As people fall from their center and begin to grow lopsided they have a sense of conflict about it. That emerging sense of conflict or conscience (from the Latin conscientia meaning "with knowing") can cause people to feel "watched" or as if 'something" is going to get them. The funny thing is that its a good thing to have conscience catch up to a person. It can feel like an enemy until that happens though. Its really the true self that is trying to get people and not anything bad.

Isoverity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2013, 09:42 PM   #8
Alone and Scared

I am currently:

I completely and utterly take on board I may be being stupid here, but can you just help me to understand that a little better as I am slightly confused.

Being lopsided could mean being poorly?

I don't understand the bit about how it can be a good thing - and then the bit about the true self trying to get to people? Why is it a good thing for it to catch up with a person? I'm really confused. =[

-“And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight inside the bud was more painful than the risk it took to bloom.” Anais Nin-

Old 23-01-2013, 10:19 PM   #9
Isoverity

I am currently:

Well if you're having "so many thoughts and feelings" going around your brain it means you're emotional and you react to a lot of things. People always feel guilty when they get upset. You've no doubt noticed compulsive, circular thinking goes up dramatically following upsets. Self doubt also accompanies being upset. Everyone has a real inner self and a false one that comes from responding to outer pressure. If people pressured and upset you growing up then that would be one place things start to go wrong. Once people start to compulsively respond to outer pressure they almost lose track of their calmer, intuitive, centered self. Indeed a lot of people who hate themselves don't really hate themselves but a false self they been conditioned to be.

Isoverity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2013, 10:56 PM   #10
Alone and Scared

I am currently:

Thank you for explaining that, I understand now. =] xx

Old 23-01-2013, 11:15 PM   #11
rachaellostinlife

I am currently:

You know - that really made a lot of sense when you explained (when transferring it to my life) .. Ill respond properly tomorrow :) ....i had a pretty crap upbringing so maybe it was to do with that xx

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)