RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 12-04-2014, 05:10 PM   #141
TimesLikeThese

Sorry it has taken a while to get a response here! The waiting for a mod to accept it thing happens randomly but we're not too sure why. I'll report your post now and hopefully the mods can sort it out for you soon :)

Moved on. Take care.

TimesLikeThese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2014, 01:07 PM   #142
sianbethany

Hello

Hi. I'm Sian, I am a self harmer with a eating disorder and a history of child abuse/rape and also as an adult abuse/ rape victim. I am 55 and mtf transgender and live on the Isle of Anglesey. I know that everyone involved in this group has been through it and wish you all better futures.

sianbethany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2014, 04:24 PM   #143
Patent Pending
★ Katie ★

I am currently:

Hi Sian, good to hear from you :) I hope you find this site supportive.

x x x

It's the ups and downs of living life this way. Promise me you'll never go away. Just stay with me through one more night because it's always darkest before the light and now I promise you I'll never turn away. I won't let you give us one less heart to break...

Patent Pending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2014, 09:03 PM   #144
Harls

I am currently:

I'm so confused. How do you know what forum is right for you? I posted on mh and they someone said I needed to go to introductions!!
Not exactly overly helpful that

Harls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2014, 09:12 PM   #145
Patent Pending
★ Katie ★

I am currently:

Hi Harls,

I think you probably posted in the right section - I'm sorry the poster wasn't very helpful.

I know from your introduction thread you mentioned some drug use and drinking issues, so it might be helpful to post in the Substance Abuse Forum (in the MH forum section).

However, if you post on the thread you have in MH explaining what kind of support/advice you are looking for people might find it easier to reply.

If you have any other questions feel free to drop me a PM.

x x x

It's the ups and downs of living life this way. Promise me you'll never go away. Just stay with me through one more night because it's always darkest before the light and now I promise you I'll never turn away. I won't let you give us one less heart to break...

Old 29-04-2014, 12:11 AM   #146
dixyy
This Member is currently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harls View Post
I'm so confused. How do you know what forum is right for you? I posted on mh and they someone said I needed to go to introductions!!
Not exactly overly helpful that
As said above there are some subforums that look at more on topic posts, but honestly, you post where you think is best, the post I saw you make earlier was absolutely in the right place :)
Don't worry it won't always be that way, I hope you settle in okay and get that little bit of extra support.

dixyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 04:55 PM   #147
qwerty1.7

I am currently:

qwerty1.7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2014, 06:25 PM   #148
ukdan2014

Ok so hi everyone, not sure if im in the right place or if anyone will actually respond bit I thought id better try my luck....

So im dan..... im 30 years old and this is not a dating profile lol!

My problem, hummmmm...... ok, so iv lost all interest in anything, I mean anything? I am even finding it difficult to get up enough motivation to brush my teeth. Don't get me wrong, I can get up and go to work like any other day and I have a lovely family that think all is peachy. I have spoke to my wife about how I feel so many times but its just something she passes of as being bored. Its hard to explain...

I use to have a passion for games, tv shows and movies! the excitement of a new game or movie I couldn't wait to be released now feels like a chore than anything else.

Anyone else feel like this? spoke to anyone that can tell me what they said the problem might be? my first thought that it could be depression but I have nothing to be depressed about and I don't feel that way, maybe I am, who knows.... Im lost and if anyone can help then id be really grateful.

Sorry about my spelling of lack of punctuations

ukdan2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2014, 10:40 AM   #149
Patent Pending
★ Katie ★

I am currently:

Hi Dan,

Sorry this hasn't been replied to until now. Welcome to RYL :)

The symptoms you're describing are common for people suffering with depression. Well done for reaching out about this. There is no 'reason' that needs to be obvious for you to suffer with it - sometimes it does come from boredom or something. However, the only one who can tell you for sure is a doctor.

Could you try planning something a little different - like getting away for a couple of days or something to see if it helps?

x x x

Old 06-06-2014, 07:53 AM   #150
FlickeringCandle
A ray of hope

I am currently:
A shocking story

I Have a shocking story, and i really want to talk to someone, but all i have access to is a Kindle Fire HDX

FlickeringCandle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 08:46 PM   #151
Banshee
Depressed girl. Always here to talk. <3

I am currently:

Hey everyone,

I'm new here, this is my first post...
I've seen lots of posts from people in their 40's/50's, but is there anyone who would be around 10-18? I'd like to talk to someone who would be about my age.. It would make me feel more comfortable.
I don't really know what I'm supposed to do or where I'm supposed to go on this website, but I'll do my best to find someone to talk to.
If you need someone, I'm always here, I'm always willing to help and I'm very accepting. (:

Stay Strong,
Every single one of you.
xxxxx
Banshee.

Mosh Pitting Demons

Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 12:30 AM   #152
TimesLikeThese

Hi cjosaurus51 and Banshee, welcome to RYL!

Actually the majority of our members are probably between 10 and 25 I'd say so you're definitely not in the minority! To start just make a thread in the relevant forum so that people can support you, or if you feel up to go and have a look at other people's threads and offer a few words of advice.

Alternatively, you can use the chat function which you can access at the top of the website.

Either way, you're not alone :)

Take care both of you.

Moved on. Take care.

TimesLikeThese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 01:27 PM   #153
novacorrhealthcare

Where can i find the als section ... somebody please help im new to this site

novacorrhealthcare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 04:42 PM   #154
offlineforever
Left RYL

-----

Last edited by offlineforever : 24-08-2014 at 11:42 AM.
offlineforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 01:49 AM   #155
5kmi

is this the right place?

Hi, I kind of found this site unexpectedly, and not really sure if its the right place for the kinds of problems I'm looking to discuss. I feel I may have some sociopathic tendencies, for lack of a better definition. I am mostly an honest person who lies about only certain aspects of my life, in particuilar about my love life. Is there a section here where similar topics are discussed? Any and all recommendations are appreciated.

5kmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 01:59 AM   #156
talaiporia
Chat Mod

I am currently:

Welcome to RYL. RYL isn't a replacement for professional help but you might find general support and advice or mental health advice helpful.

Take care.

It doesn't matter where you come from; it matters where you go.
No-one gets remembered for the things they didn't do.
We won't all be here this time next year,
so while you can take a picture of us.
We're definitely going to hell,
but we'll have all the best stories to tell.

talaiporia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 10:32 AM   #157
StickWitMe

I am currently:

Welcome to all new here

-Shawn

StickWitMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 07:30 PM   #158
xXnothinXx

hey, im new here and atm im just looking for friends/people to talk to so please feel free to pm me :)
so the reason why im here is because when i was younger i was abused, neglected and forced to look after my younger brother. all throughout my life i have lived with people who have just put me down all the time, i have also been bullied most of my life too.
my problem is self harm: when i started self harming when i was about 7 or 8 (just bruising) but over the years it has got worse due to the pressure i have put myself under. i always put myself down and have arguments with people that makes me feel guilty and pushes me to hate myself even more. i started to cut myself when i was about 14. the cuts were more like scratches to start off with but it got to the point were there was a lot of blood. i have been clean for exactly 1 month 2weeks and 2 days today but im afraid that when i go back to school i will start to cut again

xXnothinXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 07:31 PM   #159
xXnothinXx

im happy atm and just want to get to know some of the people on here. even if you need someone to talk to about anything....i don't judge people for what they look like or what they have been through :)

xXnothinXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2014, 07:44 PM   #160
Sylv34

Hey! I'm new so I'd be happy if someone tells me what am I supposed to do after the introduction?

Sylv34 is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)