I am currently:

search it, its floating around on the forum

Old 21-09-2011, 02:58 PM   #142
~*RazorbladeKiss*~
~Wat doesnt kill you makes you wish you were dead~

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancintrulife View Post
The book of this is brilliant too, I've read it like 10 times. I have the film also, I've seen it a few times but now I don't have a multi region dvd player so can't watch it anymore
I want to read the book too! I hope to get it someday.
Aw that sucks. You can still buy the movie dvd with different region or download it somewhere though.

Everyone is going to hurt you sooner or later.
You just have to decide whose worth the pain.

Old 23-11-2011, 09:51 PM   #143
ForgottonAngel

I am currently:

I have seen girl inerupted its a classic. I want to see prozach nation.

I heard of the movie wrist cutters. I think thats about self harm. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0477139/

Last edited by ForgottonAngel : 23-11-2011 at 09:57 PM.

Im a girl from the USA. I usually have a skinny body and a big head with puffy cheeks, my heads shaped like ball. :P:P:P:P Sometimes I wear no make and other times I put on to much and prance around with flashy boots. Self described Butthead.♥

Old 23-11-2011, 11:25 PM   #144
nowhereman

I am currently:

Ooh I forgot about Wristcutters, I wanted to see that, so I just ordered it, thanks for the reminder.

Old 19-03-2012, 01:26 AM   #145
Kimaru
Fight off the lethargy

I am currently:

I watched a movie a while ago called "Suicide Room", it did have some S.I and of course suicide. It was triggering but I really liked the movie anyways, also it's Polish (I think) and has english subs. Its on movie2k and they have it on iTunes now.

It starts off with the lead character Dominik getting bullied about being gay. He stops going to school and starts talking to this girl online in a place called the suicide room, which causes him to kind of spiral out of control.

"Some people get by, with a little understanding. Some people get by, with a whole lot more."
-The Sisters Of Mercy

Old 23-07-2012, 08:21 PM   #146
EvilCuddleBunny666

I am currently:

I ordering that movie today ^-^ Want to see it so bad!

Anyways.....I think theres 4 movies that haven't been posted on this thread yet.
1. Dances With Wolves. An old movie. I think I remember in one scene the woman, Stands With A Fist, is hurting herself. Yeah, it looked like it to me. It isn't my favorite film, but its alright.
2. Jennifers Body. In one scene, Jennifer slices her wrist. I don't think it would really be considered self-harm though :P
3. One of the Resident Evil movies. I forget which one. But a girl is like mutilating her body.
4. Nightmare on Elm Street. The new one. One of the main characters burns her arm to keep herself awake.

Old 23-07-2012, 08:42 PM   #147
pandachan
maybe, definitely

I am currently:

Wristcutters is not necessarily about self-harm-- it's about suicide. And it's actually a ridiculously cute and quirky, kind weird movie, one of the darker indie comedies/romances. I highly, highly reccomend it. There's really only one triggery scene in the beginning and then from there on out it's pretty damn hilarious.

Old 24-07-2012, 07:52 PM   #148
Meganrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandachan View Post
Wristcutters is not necessarily about self-harm-- it's about suicide. And it's actually a ridiculously cute and quirky, kind weird movie, one of the darker indie comedies/romances. I highly, highly reccomend it. There's really only one triggery scene in the beginning and then from there on out it's pretty damn hilarious.
It's amazing! And has Patrick Fugit and Tom Waits in! And a character based on Eugene Hutz haha.

I've seen Prozac Nation, but I wasn't that fussed.. It was good, but not as good as I thought it'd be. I'd probably read the book, it seems like it was just a bad book to film adaption.

I'd reckon Thirteen would count? It's pretty self-destructy and does involve sh. An awesome film.

Scum has to be the worst.. I watched it as it's supposed to be a good film, but I was almost sick haha. Far too graphic bits in, and I'm a horror fan. Makes me really wish films had an optional trigger warnings section at the menu/start!
I like grim/disturbing films, and I'll watch anything, really graphic horror or documentaries, but sh in films just makes me squirrrrm.

Old 20-08-2012, 03:39 AM   #149
onthebackburner

I am currently:

This one has self-harm and suicide...

@Suicide Room

It's really intense. Watch with caution. On Netflix. Also the movie "Exam" has a chick who self-injures in it. The movie kinda sucks thought lol. Also on Netflix.

Last edited by onthebackburner : 20-08-2012 at 03:44 AM.
Old 26-08-2012, 12:01 PM   #150
angeldevil123

I am currently:

They are all on my to do list over the next couple of days (i have thirteen, 28 days and girl interupted on dvd)

Old 09-10-2012, 08:58 PM   #151
Kittyenna
Pacify her, she's getting on my nerves

I am currently:

There's one called Odd Girl Out. It starts with a girl being bullied that leads to SI, ED etc

Hush, little baby, drink your spoiled milk
I'm crazy, need my prescription filled
Do you like my cookies? They're made just for you
A little bit of sugar, but lots of poison, too

Old 10-10-2012, 12:03 PM   #152
Accidentally Abstract
Luce.

I am currently:

So this thread may have just reminded me to buy Prozac Nation on DVD.. LOVE the book, interested to see the film but haven't got high hopes it has to be said..

Ride it out.
"I need a sunrise in the dark."

Old 15-10-2012, 08:41 AM   #153
~Porcelain~

I am currently:

The Moth Diaries

Old 15-10-2012, 06:36 PM   #154
sophrose89

I am currently:

Wristcutters is AWESOME. Easily one of my favorite films!

Erm, Thirteen as mentioned is pretty good, and IMO, accurate. Exam isn't awful but doesn't really go too much into SI as a topic.
Oh, Secretary. Good movie about a dom/sub relationship, with SI as a background topic.

All that we see or seem
is but a dream within a dream.

Old 16-10-2012, 02:08 PM   #155
GraveSong
I'm A Lonely Girl I'll Tell The Tale For You

I am currently:

I've seen two films, can't remember what they're called, but in one, the girl is in an instition - sp - and at one point her bf tries to convince her to escape, but she refuses coz she knows she needs help. In the other one, the girl's school age and her mother finds out she SH's and does everything wrong. She sets the table with plastic knives, tells one of the popular girls in the school her daughter goes to, and this girl then tells everyone else, etc. They're really good films, just really wish I could remember the titles.

It's ok to do whatever you can to keep from hurting yourself.

Old 17-10-2012, 05:43 AM   #156
KittyStar
KittyStar

I am currently:

Yes, I have and they're Japanese horror films. They can be triggering so keep this in mind and they can be quite graphic. Especially "Suicide Club." It definitely helps to understand suicide in Japan. To find these films just type in their name and after English subs and you can find English translations with the movies. Sometimes video's will have it where you have to click on the CC to get the subs.

Suicide Club

The Suicide Song

The Suicide Manual

"Be yourself. Be proud of who you are. Even if it sounds corny don't let no one tell you you aren't beautiful." ~ Eminem

Old 17-10-2012, 08:55 PM   #157
phoenixofthenight

I am currently:

As saidd wirstcutters is amazing. Such a weird film

i am not an addict.

Old 19-10-2012, 11:16 PM   #158
[Purple_Rain]
Forum Mod

I am currently:

Due to a recent discussion between the moderators, it has been decided that this thread needs to be locked. Unfortunatly some of the more ill members of the website may use this thread to find material to trigger themselves with, and therefore with member's safety in mind, it needs to be closed.

Sorry, and I hope you can understand. Any questions please get in touch with one of the moderators.

"I would be almighty in my own world of art, even if I had to paint my pictures with my wet tongue on the dusty floor of my cell." -Picasso
"No, painting is not done to decorate apartments. It is an instrument of war." - Picasso

'I have scars becuase I have a past; but they, like my past, do not define my future'

Closed Thread

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)